Issues with 1/6 Snake Eyes and Timber set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And so were you Mr. "I know Bond, New Line, etc., had more figures than Joe." :cool: :nana:

Now I don't know Buffy, but how many figures could they really have made? There's jillions of Joes and Cobras that fans would still love to see.

And so were you Mr. "I know Bond, New Line, etc., had more figures than Joe." :cool: :nana:

Now I don't know Buffy, but how many figures could they really have made? There's jillions of Joes and Cobras that fans would still love to see.

I was and am, because the point still stands. They've used that excuse to cancel lines well into their life spans. Nobody's saying that's what gonna happen, but you can't say they haven't.

In the case of Indy, it's even funnier because a Sideshow rep popped into the forums and said the Indy line was nowhere near dying, they released KOTCS Indy and nothing since. Carl and Josh still have a plate of crow to eat over that. :lol

Gee... I think Bond, The Dead, Angel, Buffy, New Line Horror and the Universal Monsters would disagree with ya there, bud. :huh
Do you think there was really a lot more places SSC could have gone with those lines? Those all seemed to exhaust all the major characters. The Joe line is a lot deeper than Buffy, James Bond, or even the horror lines (I believe we got every possible Jason except the Manhattan version, multiple Freddies, and even 2 different Leatherfaces). I think those other longer lasting lines just ran their course.

Do you think there was really a lot more places SSC could have gone with those lines? Those all seemed to exhaust all the major characters. The Joe line is a lot deeper than Buffy, James Bond, or even the horror lines (I believe we got every possible Jason except the Manhattan version, multiple Freddies, and even 2 different Leatherfaces). I think those other longer lasting lines just ran their course.

There were quite a few Bond villains and Bond girls that we never saw, up to and including Craig's Bond. Buffy/Angel, I'm certain, there were some key characters they missed (Ski would know :nana:), The Dead had a plethora of desirables never done - a license to print money mind you which Sideshow killed with excessive edition sizes and too many variants, Friday the 13th had 3 gaping holes, Freddy had the Pt. 2 and 5 looks that weren't touched, both Friday the 13th and NoES have had remakes, we only got a Pt. 4 Myers (which didn't even really look like Michael Myers, the TCM could've gotten an R. Lee Ermy as well as other characters from Pt 2, etc. There were plenty of figures that would've sold.

Of course those lines weren't completely exhausted, but I think they did run their respective courses pretty well. You can only do so much of releasing multiple variations of the same character from different films where the collectors will keep supporting you. Until the Joe line gets through all the 1982-1986 characters, I think there will still be a fair amount of interest.

Of course those lines weren't completely exhausted, but I think they did run their respective courses pretty well. You can only do so much of releasing multiple variations of the same character from different films where the collectors will keep supporting you. Until the Joe line gets through all the 1982-1986 characters, I think there will still be a fair amount of interest.

How many of those lines did you collect? I wouldn't consider a line to have run it's course until all the major gaping holes had been filed. Goldfinger for Bond and Jason from pt. VIII are two prime examples. Indy never got any ToD figures (Mola Ram would've been a sellout).

I figure a line has run its course when the audience is satiated. If there are still missing holes that hardcore collectors want, but that the majority of collectors who like the character or films could live without (i.e., Manhattan Jason, Roy, Freddy from part V), then the cost/benefit calculation no longer works in Sideshow's favor. I'm not a completist of anything, but I have figures from the Universal Monsters and New Line lines.

I figure a line has run its course when the audience is satiated. If there are still missing holes that hardcore collectors want, but that the majority of collectors who like the character or films could live without (i.e., Manhattan Jason, Roy, Freddy from part V), then the cost/benefit calculation no longer works in Sideshow's favor. I'm not a completist of anything, but I have figures from the Universal Monsters and New Line lines.

You don't have to be a completist to want those characters. I think the cost/benefit calculation was subjective. Walking away from an incomplete line shows lack of commitment. Sideshow wanted to push collectors toward polystone, where I'm betting the profit margin is much greater, and many naive customers took the bait.

I was and am, because the point still stands. They've used that excuse to cancel lines well into their life spans. Nobody's saying that's what gonna happen, but you can't say they haven't.

My point was they've never done it to a line with as many releases as Joe (we already know several figures that have been confirmed as being in active development so your contention that you "know" those other lines had more figures is flat out wrong) nor has a line been cancelled with such a remaining plethora of fan favorites to produce.

And my point still stands. Complain about the possibility of a line cancellation all you want, but it would be unprecedented given the factors at hand. And that's a fact. :lecture

Agreed; this line is probably not as strong as their Star Wars line but will probably last just as long.

My point was they've never done it to a line with as many releases as Joe (we already know several figures that have been confirmed as being in active development so your contention that you "know" those other lines had more figures is flat out wrong) nor has a line been cancelled with such a remaining plethora of fan favorites to produce.

And my point still stands. Complain about the possibility of a line cancellation all you want, but it would be unprecedented given the factors at hand. And that's a fact. :lecture

Really? Your own post disagrees. :lol

EDIT: Filtering by 12 inch figures GI Joe has had 42 releases, Bond 39, New Line Horror 31, and Buffy 43. So GI Joe will reign supreme after Star Wars with the next release. :cool:

Counting "pipeline" figures they've said they were gonna do is irrelevant. Until they're on preorder, they don't count. We're still waiting on a Frankenstein the Reverent which was actually shown, and the promised ToD figures for a line which they released considerably less figures but has no less a committed fan base.

I hope this won't descend into an argument over which line did what sort of thing.
The purpose of this thread is to simply bring attention to the fact that the response to what is arguably one of the most anticipated figures has been underwhelming and there are a few key areas where I and others believe improvements could be made.

I hope this won't descend into an argument over which line did what sort of thing.
The purpose of this thread is to simply bring attention to the fact that the response to what is arguably one of the most anticipated figures has been underwhelming and there are a few key areas where I and others believe improvements could be made.

The fact that this hasn't been moved to the Ask Sideshow portion, or if it has, was moved back, shows that "the powers that be" care very little for the topic. :huh

Counting "pipeline" figures they've said they were gonna do is irrelevant. Until they're on preorder, they don't count. We're still waiting on a Frankenstein the Reverent which was actually shown, and the promised ToD figures for a line which they released considerably less figures but has no less a committed fan base.

Fair enough but your point still demands that you abandon all common sense and that is something I simply will not do. As I said worry all you want, I find it quite amusing this far in.

Fair enough but your point still demands that you abandon all common sense and that is something I simply will not do. As I said worry all you want, I find it quite amusing this far in.

If by "abandon all common sense" you mean take into account a company's 1/6 track record and don't discount it, then yes. If not, you're newbing a POV to fit your argument. In the end, one must consider how a company who rarely admits to product flaws, would view a staple license character's poor sales.

The fact that this hasn't been moved to the Ask Sideshow portion, or if it has, was moved back, shows that "the powers that be" care very little for the topic. :huh

That's unfortunate, the evidence is right there in the links that I've provided. There is a large percentage of people who were excited about this set and on seeing the full reveal have said that they probably won't be purchasing. I've listed the areas that those people have complained about, I can't see how they don't want to put out the best possible product by making fairly minor changes.
Sideshow just needs to realise that they aren't going to hit home-runs all the time, occasionally they drop the ball (Flint's weird hair or Dusty's dirty hobo face for example) but they can't deny there's been a poor response in this case to unfortunately the most popular Joe character.

If Sideshow were to stop Making Joes without doing the essential characters that are still needed to be made in this line,I would not buy a Sideshow product ever again...They must finish what they started as these figures are their best line going,even cooler than StarWars..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back