Issues with 1/6 Snake Eyes and Timber set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beachhead is wearing a sweater, doesn't have muscle arms and looks just fine. :dunno

Stalker is wearing a sweater, doesn't have muscle arms and looks just fine.:dunno

True, but the statement I made was mostly in the context of the black strecth top the first Snake Eyes came with. My fault for not clarifying. Also, are the arms on Pro 1.2 laregr than the Pro 1.1?

Ninjas are lean. They don't need all of that brute muscular bulk in the arms.

Ninjas shminjas. We're talking about SE and SS specifically, who were always depicted as being quite buff.

snakeeyes.jpg

:exactly:

Anyways, we're all argiung that the $200 pricepoint is too much. So they should give us the new muscle armed body if we're paying that much anyways. For those that think Snake Eyes looks too buff, switch him out with a Pro 1.1 that you may already have in your Joe collection.

OK...I am developing a slight issue with the new Snake Eyes.

I AM an articulation snob. And I am not all that impressed with the reduced articulation in the arms of the 2.1.

I want to eat my cake and have it to.

OK...I am developing a slight issue with the new Snake Eyes.

I AM an articulation snob. And I am not all that impressed with the reduced articulation in the arms of the 2.1.

I want to eat my cake and have it to.

Expect to pay some serious $$$ until, hopefully, HT releases another TTA.

I would've preferred a sweater like Beachhead and Stalker, but...

he looks pretty cool.

I have some spare True Types to switch all of his stuff over I guess. But I agree, this is an expensive figure. You shouldn't have to do a lot of futzing with a $200 figure.

I have some spare True Types to switch all of his stuff over I guess. But I agree, this is an expensive figure. You shouldn't have to do a lot of futzing with a $200 figure.

Couldn't disagree more.

then again...

19116200.jpg

Changing a body isn't futzing. changing acessories for things that did not originaly come with the figure isn't futzing.

That's when you've started kitbashing, and body swapping.

Futzing is pulling on the uniform, and or removing it, then putting it back on, putting his gear on, ETC.

I was enthusiastic getting the boxed set at 1st.. but after seeing the price, the pics, the head sculpts, the weird wolf.. and plus the limitation of the sideshow body.. I just felt that I'll probably wait for someone to part this guy out.. Get his harness set and weapons.. and bash it using a TTM15/Hit Asian body.. DAM CAG boots.. Soldier Story Black OR Cloth gloves.. DAM CAG Goggles.. And a black balaclava with customized mask or a repainted beachhead portrait..

Hit Asian Body $35 - TTM15 body (no head, hands and feet) $35
DAM CAG Boots $15 - 20
Black OR Gloves $ 5
DAM Goggles - $ 5
Sideshow SE Harness Set - $ 10 - 20??
Sideshow SE Weapons - $ 30 - 40??
HT Feet - $ 5
HT TTM15 Neck - $ 5
Sideshow Beach Head - $ 20 Black Balaclava - $ 10
TC Black Uniform - $15 - 20

The total price would be around $ 135 - 170.. To some it might be close to $200.00 but at least I'll be satisfied with the overall appearance, articulation, and quality.. Unless somebody offers to purchase the stuffs I don't want.. I don't mind if it's not authentic.. I won't be needing those molded shoes, SS body, uniform and wolf anyways.. and at least I'll be exerting more effort than sideshow..

I'm happy for the guys who love this set.. Sorry if I offended someone..

I was enthusiastic getting the boxed set at 1st.. but after seeing the price, the pics, the head sculpts, the weird wolf.. and plus the limitation of the sideshow body.. I just felt that I'll probably wait for someone to part this guy out.. Get his harness set and weapons.. and bash it using a TTM15/Hit Asian body.. DAM CAG boots.. Soldier Story Black OR Cloth gloves.. DAM CAG Goggles.. And a black balaclava with customized mask or a repainted beachhead portrait..

DAM CAG Boots $15 - 20
Black OR Gloves $ 5
DAM Goggles - $ 5
HT Feet - $ 5
HT TTM15 Neck - $ 5

The total price would be around $ 135 - 170.. To some it might be close to $200.00 but at least I'll be satisfied with the overall appearance, articulation, and quality.. Unless somebody offers to purchase the stuffs I don't want.. I don't mind if it's not authentic.. I won't be needing those molded shoes, SS body, uniform and wolf anyways.. and at least I'll be exerting more effort than sideshow..

No reason for anyone to feel offended, you just offered your opinion and I think its totally valid. I preordered this and I have reservations, but I felt if I didn't get him after they were in hand, I'd regret it. But, I have seen a huge variety of differing SE customs that all look stellar and they are usually each persons vision of SE. I think thats what makes this half the fun it is, getting what makes you happy and then sharing your vision with others. Some do this by customizing, some do it by just how they pose their stock items or display them. Whatever you end up going for its all good in the end just being able to share in the hobby.

I also think your idea of repaintedBeachhead HS with the right goggles would look amazing for Snakes head on a custom. :hi5:

DAM CAG Boots $15 - 20
Black OR Gloves $ 5
DAM Goggles - $ 5
HT Feet - $ 5
HT TTM15 Neck - $ 5

You can do what you want, but I wouldn't use Beachheads sculpt for anything other than Beachhead. I thought about this myself a while back. Commando Snake Eyes has a smooth mask, Beachheads you can see the lined fabric in the sculpt, like you should...for Beachhead.

Firefly or the Cobra Sniper are your best options (bonus you don't even have to paint them!)....but thanks to Screamingmetal :) the Viper goggles work perfect on Firefly, nobody else. Hope that helps.

thanks guys.. The FF head looks promising for SE.. If the cloth balaclava won't do great.. FF and the Cora Sniper would be my best option..

Still hoping Sideshow fixes this but it's great to know there's other options. :lecture

:exactly:
Yup. If they are as smart as I would like to give them credit for... they would do the exact same thing before he ships.

I love that PF helmet he wears, even if SS makes the shipping head look better I still want a head that looks like the PF, that helmet just screams out badass :yess:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back