Issues with 1/6 Snake Eyes and Timber set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sideshow does listen to their customers, most of the improvements mentioned by many in the forums (and in a letter I sent to them) to the first Prometheus body they did and we got the Pro 2.0 (none suggested the ratchet knees).
I think once SSC shows the preview or puts up the preorder it's just too late to do major improvements.

One easy fix for them to do is just recast and reduce the size to scale of the Snake Eyes statue head, give it a neck joint, put it into production and throw it in with the rest of the stuff.
OR, we could just do that ourselves.

Commando Snake Eyes should look like this:
snakeeyesbadass.jpg

snakeeyesasheshouldbe.jpg

I hope it's not too late, the main issues (other than price and ratchet knees, lol) with the figure are the commando head, the sweater, pants and Timber's head and foot, that's only 5 things that really need addressed. 2 of those things can be taken from an existing pattern that being the sweater and pants from Beachhead to give him more of the iconic commando appearance. That leaves only 3 pieces to be tweaked, not too much to ask when they're asking us for the guts of $200 in return.

Nice & concise post OP, unfortunately you are just wasting time. Sideshow ignores all the threads showing them clear problems with their products, just look this section..

They only answer customer service questions apparently.

I hope that's not the case in this instance, I've linked three major boards who represent a number of their potential customers and the overall reaction isn't great. It would be in their best interest to soak in the feedback and make changes accordingly.

Last edited:
I hope it's not too late, the main issues (other than price and ratchet knees, lol) with the figure are the commando head, the sweater, pants and Timber's head and foot, that's only 5 things that really need addressed. 2 of those things can be taken from an existing pattern that being the sweater and pants from Beachhead to give him more of the iconic commando appearance. That leaves only 3 pieces to be tweaked. not to much to ask when they're asking us for the guts of $200 in return..

I do think it would be better with Beachhead's sweater in black, but I like the pants, the usual Joe pants legs are too straight, they need more of a slight taper. Timber could do for some improvements.

However, If I can only have one thing fixed, it would be to include the statue's head with the set.

I do think it would be better with Beachhead's sweater in black, but I like the pants, the usual Joe pants legs are too straight, they need more of a slight taper. Timber could do for some improvements.

However, If I can only have one thing fixed, it would be to include the statue's head with the set.

Personally, I like the cut. What sucks more is when you close off the cuffs with the drawstrings, they don't close all the way. Very annoying.

Gonna chime in too.

The headsculpt needs some serious work. AT LEAST get some bigger goggles on that sucker. Even better, make him look like the 1/5th statue.

I can live with the rest of the issues. I don't love that sweater, but he looks alright without it, so at least there's that option. Timber isn't THAT bad either.

But man... that head. Please fix! :)

Gonna chime in too.

The headsculpt needs some serious work. AT LEAST get some bigger goggles on that sucker. Even better, make him look like the 1/5th statue.

I can live with the rest of the issues. I don't love that sweater, but he looks alright without it, so at least there's that option. Timber isn't THAT bad either.

But man... that head. Please fix! :)

The commando head really does, it along with the fleece top have definitely had the most negative feedback. A newly sculpted head is badly needed. They should sculpt something closer to the 1:5 statue head. They can maybe utilise the goggles from the other Joes and Cobra Troopers as a base to make the bigger pair. I wouldn't like to see them used as is as I would worry they might look a tad too wide.

Look at the headshot of commando SE, then look at a pic of Dr. Finkelstein from Nightmare before Christmas. Freaky spectacle coincidence :slap

All joking aside, just get whoever did the SE Timber statue to rescuplt it, I think that would make alot of people very happy.

Look at the headshot of commando SE, then look at a pic of Dr. Finkelstein from Nightmare before Christmas. Freaky spectacle coincidence :slap

All joking aside, just get whoever did the SE Timber statue to rescuplt it, I think that would make alot of people very happy.

It's funny you should mention that. When looking at the names of those involved in the making of the statue and the figure set some names pop up in both.

Statue Artists:
Idol Workshop
Seth Rinaldi
Joe Allard
Bernardo Esquivel
The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

Figure set Artists:
Trevor Grove (Sculpt)
Tim Niver (Sculpt)
Idol Workshop (Sculpt)
David Whitford (Paint)
Nathan Eakins (Paint)
Kevin Ellis (Costume Fabrication)
Seth Rinaldi (Design)

So Seth Rinaldi, Idol Workshop and The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team pop up in both cases. I find it strange that the design for the figure set differs so greatly from that of the statue when the feedback for the statue was so positive and some of the same people made both!

Let's pray it happens.

:pray:

It's funny you should mention that. When looking at the names of those involved in the making of the statue and the figure set some names pop up in both.

Statue Artists:
Idol Workshop
Seth Rinaldi
Joe Allard
Bernardo Esquivel

Figure set Artists:
Trevor Grove (Sculpt)
Tim Niver (Sculpt)
Idol Workshop (Sculpt)
David Whitford (Paint)
Nathan Eakins (Paint)
Kevin Ellis (Costume Fabrication)
Seth Rinaldi (Design)

So Seth Rinaldi, Idol Workshop and The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team pop up in both cases. I find it strange that the design for the figure set differs so greatly from that of the statue when the feedback for the statue was so positive and some of the same people made both!

:slap

Why reinvent the wheel.

I would really appreciate it and I'm sure many others would too, if someone from the design team could chime in on this. I know that Nathan (SilentSurfer) gave his impression on the commando head in the actual Snake Eyes and Timber thread and he thinks it could be an optical illusion that it appears small.
However, with the other design choices it would be nice if Sideshow said "well let's take another look at the drawing board and see if you guys would like to see these changes." I'm sure they want to put out the best and most popular product they can.

Why did this get moved back to the Joe section?

why is it still being bumped.....?

If SSC is considering making changes they would have been aware of this by now. No need to further insult their artists.

No kidding huh?

One will always attract more bees with honey than he will vinegar.

There's very little - if any - making fun though. We're genuinely disappointed and there's nothing wrong with voicing that.

I find it difficult to believe no one saw this coming. At any rate, they're professionals - I'm sure they can take a little criticism.

It's not like they haven't been doing a bang-up job so far. We expect near-perfection because of it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back