Issues with 1/6 Snake Eyes and Timber set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im not buying this figure so i have no gripes but can they stop calling them portraits. thats an f-ing head already.

I don't always expect to be heard when I want to be heard, but I am baffled at those who think there is no point in trying.
I don't think anyone here is suggesting that the OP and others don't try to get changes made (apart from those who view any criticism as a slap in the face of the sculptor or whatever). However, SSC just doesn't make changes from prototype/solicitation pics to production very often. Firefly was an exception to the rule, and even that wasn't a modification so much as an extra accessory. And if memory serves, the main reason the other sculpt wasn't initially shown was because SSC wasn't sure if the camo paint work could have been done effectively in an affordable way.

im not buying this figure so i have no gripes but can they stop calling them portraits. thats an f-ing head already.

4234022485_0c5d38c626_z.jpg

I don't think anyone here is suggesting that the OP and others don't try to get changes made (apart from those who view any criticism as a slap in the face of the sculptor or whatever). However, SSC just doesn't make changes from prototype/solicitation pics to production very often. Firefly was an exception to the rule, and even that wasn't a modification so much as an extra accessory. And if memory serves, the main reason the other sculpt wasn't initially shown was because SSC wasn't sure if the camo paint work could have been done effectively in an affordable way.

Agree, but if sales are not where they want them, then maybe they would change some stuff. Alot cheaper to make some changes now then risk them sitting around for months.

If they made half of the changes suggested I would buy him. As he is now, it simply isnt worth the price tag.

What Sideshow will do is lower the ES and cut their losses. They'll say we'll get it right next time and include a second head to replace this one as they did with the Visor sculpt.

Then they'll can the line before that happens saying collectors didn't support the line and it's really just on hiatus and might come back someday (truth is it won't).

If this was Hot Toys they'd resculpt the head, something Sideshow should do especially if they're asking HT prices on this.

What Sideshow will do is lower the ES and cut their losses. They'll say we'll get it right next time and include a second head to replace this one as they did with the Visor sculpt.

Then they'll can the line before that happens saying collectors didn't support the line and it's really just on hiatus and might come back someday (truth is it won't).

If this was Hot Toys they'd resculpt the head, something Sideshow should do especially if they're asking HT prices on this.

Are we really still pretending this is the case four years into the line? Wasn't the line doomed way back when it took a long time to preview the first Cobra Commander? And yet here we are.

I really doubt that a lackluster response to a second version of a primary character will cause them to scrap all the figures currently in development. If the line survived Dusty, it'll survive this SE. ;)

Are we really still pretending this is the case four years into the line? Wasn't the line doomed way back when it took a long time to preview the first Cobra Commander? And yet here we are.

I really doubt that a lackluster response to a second version of a primary character will cause them to scrap all the figures currently in development. If the line survived Dusty, it'll survive this SE. ;)

Are you really still pretending that Sideshow's never done this before? :dunno

Honestly, the line has yet to have a flop. But something they'd twist into an excuse to move in that direction would be lackluster sales of the single most popular character in the license.

Are you really still pretending that Sideshow's never done this before? :dunno

They haven't. Not to a line this successful and this deep. Lines that died a few figures in before they even got off the ground like LOTR and Indy don't count. And I have a feeling this SE will hardly "flop." It still serves as a superior upgrade to the previous visored SE and Timber.

They haven't. Not to a line this successful and this deep. Lines that died a few figures in before they even got off the ground like LOTR and Indy don't count. And I have a feeling this SE will hardly "flop." It still serves as a superior upgrade to the previous visored SE and Timber.

Gee... I think Bond, The Dead, Angel, Buffy, New Line Horror and the Universal Monsters would disagree with ya there, bud. And I wouldn't exactly classify LOTR as "dying a few figures in." I don't even think Josh would. :huh

mmmmmmm........NO.

Gee... I think Bond, The Dead, Angel, Buffy, New Line Horror and the Universal Monsters would disagree with ya there, bud.

There's no "agreeing" or "disagreeing." Its simple math. Did any of those lines see as many releases as SSC's GI Joe line before they were cancelled?

Well, "YES" for those inept at customs and kitbashing. :lol

Thank you for proving my point. Stock figure to stock figure, this new SE kicks all kinds of ass over the old one. Who cares if "customizers" made the first one better. That just means that customizers will make the second that much more awesome.

No I'm asking you a question. What are the numbers?

Go look at Lonnie's list. Bond, the UMs, New Line Horror and the Buffy lines I know did. Not sure but possibly bigger edition sizes too. Add in The Dead's variants and they come close as well. :lol

I didn't say Snake Eyes V2 will kill the line, just that it will end before we get to SE V3 so we can fix all the problems of V2.

Go look at Lonnie's list. Bond, the UMs, New Line Horror and the Buffy lines I know did

Yeah not quite. GI Joe has 62 releases according to SSC's archives and Bond had 45. I'm not going to bother filtering out the others. My point stands until someone proves otherwise. You didn't. :)

EDIT: Filtering by 12 inch figures GI Joe has had 42 releases, Bond 39, New Line Horror 31, and Buffy 43. So GI Joe will reign supreme after Star Wars with the next release. :cool:

Yeah not quite. GI Joe has 62 releases according to SSC's archives and Bond had 45. I'm not going to bother filtering out the others. My point stands until someone proves otherwise. You didn't. :)

:lol Do you have 62 1/6 Joe figures on your shelf from Sideshow?! I've purchased every single figure and I sure as ____ don't, and I highly doubt anybody else does. So stop fabricating evidence to back your point and start actually counting.

:lol Do you have 62 1/6 Joe figures on your shelf from Sideshow?! I've purchased every single figure and I sure as ____ don't, and I highly doubt anybody else does. So stop fabricating evidence to back your point and start actually counting.

See the edit of my previous post. I didn't realize that you could filter by license AND scale. Numbers have been updated. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back