IS this a joke?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I understand the supply and demand of it... but eBay seems to have a funny effect on buyers and sellers. If one figure ends for a particularly high price, then very soon after you see a bunch pop-up with a matching BIN price. Then if enough of those sell then that seems to instantly be the new set price.

These prices are crazy!!

I just dont see what is so special about the figure to warrant the high prices. Having said that, if someone offered me that much for mine Id sell lol

I desperately wanted this figure and thankfully Mudshark hooked me up, but I set a ceiling of $200 including shipping and I like to think my want for the figure was pretty high. I just can't see wanting it so bad to spend that much on it unless you hope to flip it for higher or something.

There's no way this will last. Something funny's going on. I think this is another example of friend's bidding, with no plans of paying, just to watch ebay go nuts.

Yeah, I feel damn lucky to have gotten him for retail from a board member :duff

I wish I'd been more familiar with the boards when he went up for sale originally, I could have gotten him right through Sideshow but HT's ****ty pictures didn't show the face hardly at all and what they did show didn't look Beihn at all. Had I known about the Stoner and now Les' head in advance I'd have jumped on it. People can give SSC grief about their photos all they want, but at least they don't obscure critical parts of the figure that really sway you from getting it. When Hicks was for sale, I felt it was $80 for a figure that looked nothing like the film so I passed, so glad I didn't miss out on him, and now with a Les head he rules.

FMLHICKS9.jpg

I wish I'd been more familiar with the boards when he went up for sale originally, I could have gotten him right through Sideshow but HT's ****ty pictures didn't show the face hardly at all and what they did show didn't look Beihn at all. Had I known about the Stoner and now Les' head in advance I'd have jumped on it. People can give SSC grief about their photos all they want, but at least they don't obscure critical parts of the figure that really sway you from getting it. When Hicks was for sale, I felt it was $80 for a figure that looked nothing like the film so I passed, so glad I didn't miss out on him, and now with a Les head he rules.

FMLHICKS9.jpg

I made the same mistake. I thought they looked crappy. Then I seen what members were doing to them and it was too late. Now all I need is Apone and I may pass because no room will be left on the shelf I have put them on. I am waiting on my Ripley to come and Hicks head and arms from Les. :rock

I paid $160 for mine last summer and was very happy to get a hold of him but if I had paid in the region of $400 Id be pretty dissapointed. I am a stickler for detail so I knew instantly Id have to put alot of work into making the figure look its best and thank god fro Les and his unbelievable headsculpt.

If these boxed Hicks are getting $300-$400 (this whole $2,000+ thing not counted) I wonder what some of the amazing customs shown here would fetch on ebay?

If these boxed Hicks are getting $300-$400 (this whole $2,000+ thing not counted) I wonder what some of the amazing customs shown here would fetch on ebay?

You got that right! I know I won't ever part with mine. NEVER! :cool:

Tales from the "Parallel Universe"! You know, the place where Jesus builds hotrods...*

Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true
Jerry lee lewis was the devil
Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world
So there was only one thing that I could do
Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long...

... and out of the blue, someone bought a HT Hicks for $2000+. It happens all the time here, in the "parallel universe"!

*© Ministry

Last edited:
Back