IS this a joke?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Galactiboy I can verify the the one sold for $2300.00 was paid for. I contacted the seller. He was kind enough to tell me even though it was none of my damn business.

How do you know that the guy you spoke to wasn't a friend of the seller's? I'm still thinking this is some kind of game for bored kids to see if they can effect eBay prices.

Has any other Hicks sold for a ridiculous sum since this auction?

There was the BIN of $1,100. I'd say that is pretty ridiculous :google

But is anyone buying it now? I can see that sellers would get excited and think suckers might pony up cash, the ones who lost out on that $2,000+ Hicks, but the reality is something else.

Hell, I'd love to see Hicks selling for $2,000 all over the place. Why not, I got one. But I just don't see it happening. It never has. Why for Hicks? Buy Apone or Hudson and make a Hicks for a lot less.

How do you know that the guy you spoke to wasn't a friend of the seller's? I'm still thinking this is some kind of game for bored kids to see if they can effect eBay prices.

Has any other Hicks sold for a ridiculous sum since this auction?

I tend to agree. Nash's auction apparently sold for $1100, but he's been mum about whether the guy paid for it. The others haven't sold as far as I know.

Sorry I meant a BIN was completed for $1,100 (apparently Nash's)... don't know if it was paid for but, bit it did sell for the BIN. But there were 2 or 3 others trying the same BIN, not sure if they sold.

And here he is after he found out what he did.

graham-passed-out-1.jpg

ahahhahahhahahahahhahaha

thats awsome!

This seems to be a group of guys artificially inflating the prices on these auctions. The names of the bidders are anonymous, and most of them have zero feedback This is bogus to say the least. If nothing else, it is completely retarded to be paying that much for these figures, as cool as they are.

Again, the fact that their names are obscured is due to ebay's policy about not showing who is bidding on items of more than a certain dollar amount. I haven't seen any no-feedback bidders on these auctions either. Which ones are you referring to?

........... im screwed, i might as well just jump off a building coz there is no way am i paying 1000 plus for a 12" figure, hey hoo maybe one day ill find one that is resonable priced.

Looks like I didnt do so bad after all. The last few hicks havent sold for more than $499. :cool:

I don't think it's that far fetched! I just saw one the other day on Ebay for a buy it now price of $1000.
I'm kinda glad I bought mine as soon as it came out($120),not only that but I should have bought two of them!:eek:

Back