Is there going to be a 12 days of sideshow this year?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason just came out this year and you already want another? Jason needs a break I think. Too many others that haven't gotten any love.
:lol Sure I want another why not? I want PF from every single F13. One-per-year at least.
You think J needs a break - fine. I think Marvel stuff needs a break. Someone else think SW needs a break, LoTR needs a break, Terminator needs a break & etc. To each it's own. And yes, of course it's obvious that some licenses & franchises = big $$$ & some = not as big $$$.
I'm honestly shocked he is still in stock. Its baffling, really.
There's nothing really surprising here because regular version is absolutely lame in comparison with ex. That's exactly the case when Ex >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> regular.
Just think of it. 6 display options for Ex VS 1 for Reg.
Reg is just all about poor merketing/product management/whatever they call it in SSC decisions.
I'm sure that even if they at least made removable mask for regular, there would have been much more love for this piece.
Ex is machete + unmasked head (and these two bring a lot of display options with them) + print. Even with the fact that you won't using all this stuff for display every single day, it's just the whole new level of experience anyway.
This is the case when SSC screwed the non-ex customers big time. Especially overseas customers (for some countries shipping directly from SSC costs more than the actual statue itself) that wasn't able to order directly from them.
And again, such a small LE for such an awesome Ex. It sold-out in 1-2 days & what really important - there was no situation when all waitlist folks got conversion (like SSC doing from time-2-time). So there was an actual, not fake-SSC-style-buy-me-faster-I'm-almost-sold-out interest. And another thing here is that the price went up immediately on secondary market for Ex & it is not going down after all this time. And there is still a folks that are willing to spend $600-700 on Ex on ebay instead of $250-280 for Regular from retailers.
So for me the problem here is absolutely not in franchise or in J as a char that can't bring big dollars. It's all about SSC poor desicions.
So we already know Pinhead is coming, maybe a Myers some day, but another Jason? Doubt it.
Yeah, and immediately after sneak-peak video for Pinhead PF there was some rumours that some problems with the licensing appeared & blah-blah-blah. I just hope Pinhead is close too & in reality there was nothing behind those rumours.

Was Sideshow giving away stuff on the 12 Days of Sideshow last year? I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that every day of the 12 Days was reserved for a sneak peek. :dunno

nope. Maybe they will be releasing less stuff next year; their sales for this year were prolly pretty bad.

It has seemed like the last few events have been heavy on sales promotion, but lighter on previews. We knew about Obi Wan and Malgus, and a special on Cantina Band members and a Legolas giveaway, while cool, haven't really offered anything new during the 12 days of Sideshow. Storm Shadow may be new, but I don't follow the GI Joe license as much. It may just be my memory, but I recall lots of previews and sneak peeks at the year to come. It feels like Sideshow has done less and less of this recently, but maybe I am just hungry for Lord of the Rings news!

seriously SS.....Babydoll Sucker Punch PF......wow....1:27 SS come on

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heoa-AI42bA&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
I think it's a rather nice looking piece. It will be interesting to see if they will delve deeper into the SP movie characters.

I think this Babydoll looks better than GG's. I didn't get the GG because the likeness looked off to me. I think this looks more like Emily Browning. I like it! I would like to see more before making any hasty judgments on it.

Some World of Warcraft guy. Lich King?

Sounds like licking if you say it too fast. Unless it's pronounced with a long 'i', in which case, all humor and innuendo are lost. :monkey2

:lol Sure I want another why not? I want PF from every single F13. One-per-year at least.
You think J needs a break - fine. I think Marvel stuff needs a break. Someone else think SW needs a break, LoTR needs a break, Terminator needs a break & etc. To each it's own. And yes, of course it's obvious that some licenses & franchises = big $$$ & some = not as big $$$.

There's nothing really surprising here because regular version is absolutely lame in comparison with ex. That's exactly the case when Ex >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> regular.
Just think of it. 6 display options for Ex VS 1 for Reg.
Reg is just all about poor merketing/product management/whatever they call it in SSC decisions.
I'm sure that even if they at least made removable mask for regular, there would have been much more love for this piece.
Ex is machete + unmasked head (and these two bring a lot of display options with them) + print. Even with the fact that you won't using all this stuff for display every single day, it's just the whole new level of experience anyway.
This is the case when SSC screwed the non-ex customers big time. Especially overseas customers (for some countries shipping directly from SSC costs more than the actual statue itself) that wasn't able to order directly from them.
And again, such a small LE for such an awesome Ex. It sold-out in 1-2 days & what really important - there was no situation when all waitlist folks got conversion (like SSC doing from time-2-time). So there was an actual, not fake-SSC-style-buy-me-faster-I'm-almost-sold-out interest. And another thing here is that the price went up immediately on secondary market for Ex & it is not going down after all this time. And there is still a folks that are willing to spend $600-700 on Ex on ebay instead of $250-280 for Regular from retailers.
So for me the problem here is absolutely not in franchise or in J as a char that can't bring big dollars. It's all about SSC poor desicions.

Yeah, and immediately after sneak-peak video for Pinhead PF there was some rumours that some problems with the licensing appeared & blah-blah-blah. I just hope Pinhead is close too & in reality there was nothing behind those rumours.

^^^

Words. Too many.

Back