Is there a such thing as too much service?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly related but not, it seems to me it would be easier on the servers if they filled up my cup with maybe only 4 or 5 ice cubes instead of the 10-15 that they usually do. If you gave me more soda in my cup initially, perhaps you wouldn't have to come back 3 more times to bring me a refill??

I'm sure there's science behind it, but _____ science.

whenever I go to a theme park, or the movies, or anywhere and have to but soda, I always say "No Ice Please"
and I realize, you can even see, the press the button and the cup gets filled like 60%, a little bit more than half, and since I Said no ice, they have to press the button a second time and manually fill it up until is full,

plus the soda already comes out cold, you are paying for 60% soda, and a bunch of Ice that doesn't even melt when you are done with your meal, it takes like 40% of the whole cup :slap

sometimes they look at me like crap, but, I don't do it to be cheap but because my teeth get sensitive with the ice, and then I realized how much ice they do fill it up with.

as far as restaurants filling up, they should just give you a glass jar of soda for you to fill up yourself, that simple :dunno

You mean...a bottle? :lol

nope, like the ones they use at Golden Corral, my point was, they use these at restaurants to fill your drinks, how about just leaving them in the table, or ask if people want them to leave them, I would say yes every time, specially if it is a big group

libbey-5260-60-oz-glass-pitcher-6-cs.jpg

I guess like a beer pitcher, tomato tomat-o :dunno

Last edited:
I am having trouble getting past calling them "waitpersons".

If there was a thread entitled "post your term that epitomizes excessive political correctness" I think it would be hard to beat that one!:lol

It's just easier to use...:lol A waitperson can be male or female...the other way I would need to say waiter/waitress.

I suppose I could also say wait staff.... I just like making things simple. :lecture :lol

That's why they're called "servers." :wink1:

Since you can get away with anything, you should post it. I would've but the content is infraction fodder and we both know there're a few mods chomping at the bit for any excuse. :lol

I just watched the scene again - and I don't think even I could get away with that. :lol

It's just easier to use...:lol A waitperson can be male or female...the other way I would need to say waiter/waitress.

I suppose I could also say wait staff.... I just like making things simple. :lecture :lol

I think it's for when It's Pat.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwT1kp0C3Ss[/ame]

I'd say no. And I wholly prefer "too much service" to the opposite. :lol

It's not so easier said than done. Read what the OP said, but yes, rule of thumb in most situations one would prefer an abundance of service to none. It's just what's applied to. In this case, yes, it is too much service. That's just being a mosquito... squash the server and owner with an GIANT ACME sized swatter.

A friend told me about an annoying waiter that he had when out for dinner over the weekend. Between the waiter and the manger stopping by every few minutes he counted at least 6 times he was interrupted when eating and having a conversation with his wife.

What do you guys think, is too much service just as bad as poor/not enough service??

~~I waited tables when I was in college, and would tell customers when I brought their food that I'd leave them alone unless they flagged me down or their glasses were empty. Good medium??

yes but maybe they mistook you for an unhappy customer from the past .

I think a couple of check ins is good. But more than that, is too much. I don't like when they come over and I've just put a bite in my mouth, etc. If you see my drink is low, please fill it, and be in the vicinity if I have to flag you down. But other than that, stay baaaccckkk.

There have been too many times that I may need something, and I can't even find the waiter to flag him/her down. That to me is a no-no.

Isn't Golden Corral a buffet though.... :lol

I thought the exact same thing but like she said, they put the machine behind where the hostess works so you can't get your own. There is one in Tracy, Ca that I used to go to sometimes and I really like it.

Was at Fresh Choice one day and I had my phone wrapped in a napkin on my tray. I just covered it up so it wouldn't be in plain sight when I got up for more food...well the guy cleared my table thinking I had left and the phone went in the trash:slap:lol

Back