A SW Fan Fic by the Dude Person: The Story of Kyrr Geron the Mandalorian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: A Sample of a SW Fan Fic by the Dude Person (PLEASE READ THIS! AND COMMENT!)

Keep it up man. It's hard to start up writing again after a long pause. I have been working on a feature length screenplay. It's tough. I read your first two and I like the quick skirmishes. The only expanded SW work I read was Tales from the Bounty Hunters & Tales from Jabba's Place. Keep your work using those as example guidelines and you will have a winner.

Re: A Sample of a SW Fan Fic by the Dude Person (PLEASE READ THIS! AND COMMENT!)

I'm glad you guys like it so far, should have Chapter 3 up by this weekend!

So this story goes nicely with badass music? Well that's... good... I suppose... :lol

Well the the heavy music fits well if it starts just when he jumps in the closet.

you guys have seen the start of the 1/6 figure, but you haven't heard the real themesong yet! :rotfl I'm just kidding I didn't make a themesong.... not yet anyway...

What no theme music, everyone needs their own theme music!

I have my own theme music.:lol

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/VANLTkbPUN4"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/VANLTkbPUN4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Though now that I think about it I probably also need psychiatrist and some meds to.:horror

05-01-2010, 03:14 PM

Quick update, unfortunately, I have not started writing Chapter 3 yet, and it's past 3:00 PM here... I may not get to it tonight, have lots of other things to do....

I'll do my best to at least get it started in a few hours, I'll probably have it up tomorrow at the latest....

05-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Sorry guys, for those of you who care, I have not even started writing chapter 3 yet. I'll try to start it today, perhaps I can post it by tomorrow or Tuesday... still figuring out what happens next in the story... I had it all thought out, but now I changed my mind..

05-03-2010, 10:40 PM
If anyone still cares, I'm sure you're all like, "WTF?? :impatient: "

I must confess, I have only just recently started writing chapter 3... but I think it and/ or Chapter 4 will be quite enjoyable... things are gonna pick up a little, and get more interesting...

I have finally sorted out exactly what I want to happen from here on, so hopefully I'll be able to get Chapter 3 finished sometime SOON!

If you guys don't get Chapter 3 this week, you'll be getting Chapter 3 with Chapter 4 this weekend coming up...

My apologies to any whom it may concern!

All who still care, say "Aye!"... or is it "I"... hmm... :lol

Almost done with Chapter 3... but who cares right?

I ask all who care to say "aye" or "I" or "eye" or "aieee" or "oy!" or something, and I get nothin'. Now I know how it feels to be a whore. A few people are interested in you once or twice, but then they get bored and move on to the next one... :dunno

I bet most people don't even check this thread when I post on it anymore. I bet I could be on the 12th chapter by now and no one would even know!

This thread is my only motivation, without others being interested in reading my fan fic, there's no reason to try to pump out a chapter or so every week, and then I get lazy and only get out another chapter or two and then I stop because I don't have the time anymore and no one besides me cares anyway, so what's the point?

Unless I get some comments on previous chapters from people who haven't commented yet, or people let me know they're still interested in this fan fic, I might stop writing it all together... It'd start with me not posting here anymore, then the thread would die and sink to the bottom, then after another chapter or 2 I would stop completely and the fan fic would never be finished...

Last edited:

I'm still interested, I thought your earlier post was in jest...

I'm still interested, I thought your earlier post was in jest...

Ah, well it wasn't quite... Glad to know you're still interested... You know, bidufarewell seemed to really like the first one, but he hasn't posted here since... Kinda makes you wonder if people are deserting you or not... Or if they just read things without posting comments!

I just need some reassurance every once in a while you know? :D

just feels a little lonely when you post 4 times over the course of several days and you have no clue if anyone is even paying attention...

Anyway, Chapter 3 should be up by tomorrow, for real this time! :lol

Ok guys, a little bit late... but here it is! I hope you enjoy it, I know it's not the best chapter so far... it's almost sort of like a "filler" chapter... :lol

anyway, here's Chapter 3

____Chapter 3: On the Run

____Kyrr Geron stood and waited in the elevator as it ascended the eighteen floors between the level on which his ruined home was and the top floor.

____Good thing this elevator doesn't have any windows. If there is a secondary squad somewhere nearby, I'm sure they're watching this whole building. I'd practically be a stationary target in this metal box.

____He made a mental note to avoid any windowed corridors once he got to the top floor. The building was thick enough that there was a sprawling grid of inner hallways on each floor, with only a few sunlit halls around the edges. Presently the elevator came to a stop, and a set of doors opened behind and in front of Kyrr. He walked briskly through the door in front of him and into a long hallway with many doors on either side. These doors were larger and spaced farther apart than those in the floors below; this was the top floor, where fifty or so of the building's richest tenants kept their personal airspeeders in two or four-vehicle garages.

____Kyrr raced toward the garage which contained his own craft, glancing around occasionally for anyone who might see him. As he rounded the corner into the hall where he would gain access to his speeders, he came face to face with a finely-dressed human male. The man stopped in his tracks and took a step back with a startled expression on his face. Staring at the apparently faceless Mandalorian warrior in front of him, he pointed a finger at Kyrr and spoke in a frightened whisper.

____"You... You're the one! The one those clones said they were looking-"

____Kyrr had heard enough. He abruptly ended the man's life with a squeeze of a trigger. He didn't wait for the body to fall to the floor, he simply continued toward his destination.

____Now he was a threat, Kyrr thought as he entered a 7 digit pass code into a panel by the door. He knew who I was, and who was looking for me.

____He entered the room and stepped onto a slightly raised platform on which his two vehicles rested. As the doors closed, Kyrr pressed a button on a console on the platform, and the ceiling above it opened, revealing the dim, early morning sky. When the ceiling had finished sliding over to one side, the platform began to whirr as it slowly rose up to fill the open space above it.

____Kyrr did not sit idly by waiting for this to happen. He jumped in the pristine and shiny-looking airspeeder he so often used when his business was in the upper levels of Coruscant, and attempted to get the engine started. By the time the platform was level with the building's flat rooftop, the machine had turned on with its usual grinding sound. As he gently increased the repulsorlift thrust, the vehicle levitated up to about two feet off the ground. All of a sudden there was a popping sound and thick grey smoke billowed out of the engine compartment. Then there was a high pitched buzzing noise followed by a metallic crunching sound as the airspeeder fell back to the ground. After that the buzzing stopped. Kyrr held back an angry scream of frustration

____What did those chakaare at Aratech do to my engine?

____He pressed a button that opened the canopy and got out, switching over to the half-rusted speeder that still worked. It started up without a problem, and as he was about to take off, he saw a republic gunship slowly approaching the rooftop of the apartment complex. It had both of its large white doors slid back, revealing several fully armed clone troopers inside. At the far end of the building, about one hundred yards away Kyrr, the gunship hovered close to the rooftop and deployed its troops. Kyrr sat motionless, hoping to avoid immediate detection. The clones were all on the roof now, making their way closer to him. They eventually came to a stop around one landing platform, and one of the troopers bent down and seemed to be fiddling with the emergency exterior console that was designed to grant people access to their rented garages if the platform had accidentally been lowered. Kyrr counted seven clones.

____So I suppose this is the backup squad.

____Then the shocktrooper that had been kneeling over the console stood up again, and all seven of them stood on the platform as it descended into the garage below. It was obvious to Kyrr that they meant to cut him off from any escape, but they had no idea how long ago the first squad went down, nor the exact garage in which Kyrr kept his speeders.

____As soon as the squad had disappeared into the building, Kyrr looked around cautiously and noticed that the gunship was now strafing the rooftop, watching for any activity. If Kyrr did anything now, he'd be spotted, and possibly killed. It wouldn't be long now before the shocktroopers found the dead man Kyrr had shot, and then they would realize that he had already made it to the roof.

____If I move from where I am while that gunship is here, I'm toast. If I sit and wait until the clones figure it out, I get to the same outcome.

____He couldn't decide what to do. Just then, over on the far side of the rooftop, a landing platform rose up with an airspeeder on it. The gunship raced over to it, and the two remaining clones from the squad approached it with blasters raised. One trooper knocked on the window of the speeder while the other stood behind him with his blaster trained on where he estimated the head of the vehicle's occupant would be.

____The gunship was now strafing around the airspeeder, and as its canopy opened and revealed an Ithorian at the controls, the gunship pointed exactly away from Kyrr. He took the opportunity without hesitation, gunning the throttle to full speed before he even activated the repulsorlift underneath him. Metal scraped on metal, kicking up a shower of sparks as Kyrr's craft skidded off the edge of the rooftop. It fell for a moment before the repulsorlift kicked in and he gained altitude.

____The two shocktroopers turned around in time to see him drop off the edge of the building. They motioned to the gunship and it sped after Kyrr. He tried to lose the pursuing craft by flying through several narrow spaces between buildings, but the republic gunship still followed, rising far above the buildings and then lowering back down when Kyrr's speeder was out in the open. The gunship was gaining on him now, getting closer and closer as the chase progressed. Thinking fast, he took a dive and turned around a building, trying to merge quickly into a line of airspeeder traffic before the gunship pilot could see him again.

____This plan worked, to some extent. However, just as Kyrr rounded the skyscraper, the gunship had fired a well-aimed green laser blast. It hit the tail end of Kyrr's speeder, damaging it significantly. He was losing fuel quickly as it evaporated into the air, leaving a trail of smoke behind him. He flew into a billow of smog and hid there, disguising the smoke rising from his craft that would have otherwise gotten him easily spotted in a crowd. He waited until his fuel tank indicator showed that it was less than a quarter full before venturing back out into the open, but was pleased to see the gunship had moved on, probably looking for the wreckage it'd never find. He quickly looked over a holographic map projected onto the transparisteel viewscreen of the canopy.

____The spaceport is my best bet.

____He zipped away, trying to get there before he ran out of fuel. The sun was just starting to come up now, casting a golden glow over the entire sky.

<- PREVIOUS CHAPTER
NEXT CHAPTER ->

Last edited:

any comments on Chapter 3? :huh please?

Has anybody read chapter 3 yet? Please, somebody comment on it! My comment-o-meter is getting low... very low...

Please? :huh

EDIT:

PLEASE????

EDIT EDIT:

SUPER PLEASE????

Really liking the quicken pace of the story and the action its getting into now. One problem I've always disliked with most books is the slow extend it took for the story to really pick up and be entertaining. This almost has a !#$%s(I'm sure the real word would be fine to say) to the walls feel to it. I espically loved the gunship chase, always felt they were under used in the movies.

So I have to ask, most Star Wars books always has a cameo of some other, well known character. I know this is a fan fic, but are you planning to do so?

Keep up the great work!

Really liking the quicken pace of the story and the action its getting into now. One problem I've always disliked with most books is the slow extend it took for the story to really pick up and be entertaining. This almost has a !#$%s(I'm sure the real word would be fine to say) to the walls feel to it. I espically loved the gunship chase, always felt they were under used in the movies.

So I have to ask, most Star Wars books always has a cameo of some other, well known character. I know this is a fan fic, but are you planning to do so?

Keep up the great work!

Thanks! Glad you like it! The pace will slow down a little sometime soon, but it'll never come to a complete stop...

I haven't really thought too much about cameos... I suppose I could fit someone important in somewhere.... I really only have a very basic outline in my head of what this story is gonna be like, there are so many details that are still left open to be filled in, anything's possible at this point... I'm thinking something interesting on Tatooine may be in order in the near future... :D

I was really hoping for more than one comment... :monkey3

Anyone else read Chapter 3 yet?

Pretty good.

Pretty good.

:lol that's a lot shorter than your usual "constructive criticism" responses!

Well it's good to know what you think, and that you have for a fact read it.

Yeah I was sleepy and didn't feel like typing much. :lol

Yeah I was sleepy and didn't feel like typing much. :lol

OH man, I know how that feels... usually when I push myself and type up a long post when I'm sleepy, I end up having to apologize for it afterwards... :lol It's true!

All I want is confirmation that people are in fact reading this fan fic, and that I'm not re-formatting it and posting it here for no reason! Comments on the story itself are just a bonus. :D

Sorry everyone, Chapter 4 will not be coming out this weekend.

I have had an extremely busy weekend, with Mother's Day on top of it all... so I haven't yet been able to start Chapter 4. I may or may not start it today, but I know I won't be able to finish. It's possible I'll be able to put it up during the week, so check back every now and then...

I did finally take pictures of the headsculpt I'm working on for my 1/6 Kyrr Geron figure, should have those up later today!

Cool, I'll look forward to both.

Nice work!

Thanks!

Yeah sorry Chapter 4 is still not started yet... been way too busy unfortunately...

But I'll have it up by next weekend hopefully!

Well what are you posting for, get to writing.:stick

:rotfl

Back