Is Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy Finally On The Way? New Reports Suggest It Is.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry people are finding it disappointing. I haven't had an album live up to my expectations in a while. I've found that all thealbums I've really liked in the last 5 years or so are ones that I've stumbled onto without already having an idea of who they are or what I expect.

I never liked Guns N' Roses that much to begin with. Not even remotely interested in buying the new album.

Sorry that some who have been anticipating it are not 100% thrilled.

Just got it today and my first impression is---well---it's s#$%. That's coming from a long-time Gn'R fan.

I like the title track, Shackler's Revenge & Madagascar---even slightly like Catcher in the Rye, but geezus this is pretty rough. Sounds like it should've been released as an Axl Rose solo effort instead of GnR.

If The World sounds like Gnarls Barkley throwing up.

Ah well, I'm hoping it'll grow on me. Like a fungus....

Thank God the Killers' new album is typically fantastic! :banana

a friend of mine got this cd, and well.........truthfully it sucks, there's just not the same "feeling" put into the writing of the songs....not even close. the new guns is just another group in a crowd and no longer stands out imo. thats what axl gets for being a whiney b-yatch

i'm glad i'm a member of this board so I can hear what everyones opinion's are about things because we the fans are the true fans of things and it's better listening to what fellow freaks have to say about certain movies and cds than listening to critics or judging movies by rotten tomatoes. Because this is where the true fans of things are and you'll hear the truth :rock

I listened to most of the songs on Myspace and was really let down by it. I've loved GNR for years, and this is faaaaar from their former greatness. The title song is ok, but many of the other songs sound over worked and chaotic. I won't be buying it.

I've made it up to track 10 and haven't been bothered to finish it. It just sounds way to polished. Guns N' Roses used to be edgy with plenty of rough edges which gave it excitement and bite.

It's now the equivalent of being given a kiss by your grandma when you were six

Well, I guess that shows just how long I have been following this release. :monkey1

Shame too, Slash was what made GnR good.

Apparantly Dr Pepper said they'd give everyone in the United States who bought the album a free bottle except Slash and BucketHead :lol

here's the list of people who worked on it (it also explains the longest thanks list I've ever seen)

Personnel
Robin Finck at the Download Festival in 2006

Guns N' Roses and former members

* Axl Rose – vocals on all tracks; keyboards on tracks 1, 6 and 13; guitar on tracks 6 and 12; piano on tracks 7, 13 and 14; synthesizer orchestra on tracks 6 and 13; backing vocals on track 7; synthesizer French horns on track 12; samples on track 12; arrangements on all tracks; orchestra and horn arrangements on tracks 6, 12 and 13; choir arrangements on tracks 6 and 13; drum arrangement on track 6; digital editing on tracks 2, 3, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14; production, mixing
* Robin Finck – lead guitars on all tracks; keyboards on tracks 3 and 5; guitar solos on tracks 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 11, and 13; acoustic guitar on track 10; arrangement, drum arrangement and digital editing on track 3; initial production on track 3
* Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal – lead guitars on all tracks; guitar solos on tracks 2, 7, 8, and 9
* Buckethead – lead guitars on all tracks except 7 and 13; guitar solos on tracks 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 14; acoustic guitar on track 5; arrangements on tracks 2, 8 and 10
* Paul Tobias – guitars on tracks 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12 and 14; piano on track 6; arrangements on tracks 1 and 11
* Richard Fortus – guitars on tracks 1, 3, 4, 5 and 14
* Tommy Stinson – bass on all tracks except 5; backing vocals on tracks 1, 3, 4 an 6; arrangement on track 9
* Chris Pitman – sub-bass on all tracks except 7; keyboards on all tracks except 9, 11 and 14; backing vocals on tracks 3 and 6; bass on tracks 5, 6 and 12; twelve-string guitar on track 5; mellotron on track 6; string machine on track 5; arrangements on tracks 5, 12 and 13; drum and orchestra arrangements on tracks 6 and 12; guitar processing on track 1; drum programming on tracks 5, 6 and 12; digital editing on tracks 5, 12 and 13; additional production on tracks 5, 6 and 12; initial production on tracks 5 and 12
* Bryan "Brain" Mantia – drums on all tracks except 1; drum arrangements on tracks 3, 4, 6, 12 and 14; arrangements on tracks 2 and 10; drum programming on track 11; initial production on track 2
* Frank Ferrer – drums on tracks 1, 3, 5, 6 and 11
* Dizzy Reed – keyboards on tracks 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11 and 14; backing vocals on tracks 1, 3, 4, 6 and 9; piano on tracks 4 and 5; synthesizer orchestra on tracks 4, 6, 13 and 14; orchestra arrangements on tracks 4, 6, 12 and 14
* Josh Freese – drum arrangements on tracks 4, 6, 9 and 14

Additional personnel

* Pete Scaturro – keyboards on track 10; arrangements on tracks 2 and 10; digital editing and additional engineering on track 10; initial production on tracks 2 and 10
* Sebastian Bach – backing vocals on track 10
* Patti Hood – harp on track 13
* Caram Costanzo – digital editing on all tracks; arrangements on tracks 2, 6 and 8; drum arrangements on tracks 3, 6 and 14; sub drums on track 13; production; mixing; engineering; initial production on track 8
* Eric Caudieux – digital editing on all tracks; drum programming on track 5; arrangements on track 6; sub drums on track 13; Pro Tools engineering; additional production
* Andy Wallace – mixing
* Dan Monti – engineering
* Bob Ludwig – mastering
* Roy Thomas Baker – additional production
* Sean Beavan – arrangements on tracks 1, 4, 6, 9 and 11; digital editing on tracks 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 12 and 14; initial production on tracks 5 and 12; additional Pro Tools
* Paul Buckmaster – orchestras and orchestra arrangements on tracks 4, 6, 12 and 14
* Marco Beltrami – orchestras and orchestra arrangements on tracks 4, 6, 12, 13 and 14
* Suzy Katayama – French horns on track 12; horn arrangements on tracks 6, 12 and 13; choir arrangements on tracks 6 and 13
* Billy Howerdel – digital editing on track 6

* Okhee Kim – engineering assistance
* Andy Gwynn – engineering assistance
* Brian Monteath – engineering assistance
* Dave Dominguez – engineering assistance
* Jose Borges – engineering assistance
* Joe Peluso – engineering assistance
* Christian Baker – engineering assistance
* James Musshorn – engineering assistance
* Greg Morgenstein – additional Pro Tools
* Paul DeCarli – additional Pro Tools

* Jan Petrov – engineering assistance