Is Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy Finally On The Way? New Reports Suggest It Is.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a good album. Different, but overproduced. I liked the title song, Better and There Was a time. The ballads failed. No Patience.

You obviously weren't at the same gig as me then.

It was absolutely amazing and everyone that I spoke to loved it.

Out of curiosity did you ever see the original line up or the UYI line up?

Was the "new" line up. Everyone I was standing with thought it was awfull, most got fed up with Axl walking off the stage every five minutes. Although the guitarist (can't remember who) throwing a hissy fit because he had a bottle thrown at him was pretty funny.

It's the only time I've agreed with Kerrang in years when they gave it 0/5 and I am a G N' R fan, thankfully I saw the real G N' R what were they called again....oh yeah Velvet Revolver :lol

was the "new" line up. Everyone i was standing with thought it was awfull, most got fed up with axl walking off the stage every five minutes. Although the guitarist (can't remember who) throwing a hissy fit because he had a bottle thrown at him was pretty funny.

It's the only time i've agreed with kerrang in years when they gave it 0/5 and i am a g n' r fan, thankfully i saw the real g n' r what were they called again....oh yeah velvet revolver :lol

as long as there is axl rose there will be g n' r!!!!!!!!!!:d:d:d:d:d :d:d:d:d:d

I heard the title track today (I wasn't in a huge hurry); sounds very produced for GnR, Slash has way too much FX going. :monkey1

November 23, 2008

Chinese Democracy is here!
GunsNRoses.com

Chinese Democracy comes to America

The following has been updated to correct inaccuracies contained in the previously posted version.

Chinese Democracy is everything you've been waiting so patiently for -- and a lot more.

Here's a full track description:

"Chinese Democracy" opens things up on a theatrical note. Right away you realize that frontman and GN'R mastermind Axl Rose has never sounded better. Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal's guitar solo is another highlight of the title track. "Better" couldn't be better, with a five-pronged guitar attack setting off explosions while a hard beat crunches away. Tommy Stinson's bass line provides the backbone of the rhythm. "Street Of Dreams" comes next, the beautiful song that you might recognize during GN'R's 2006 tour, introduced as "The Blues."

The fifth track, "If The World," is a classic funk-rock song with Middle Eastern elements and liquid bass playing from synth man and programmer –- and track co-writer –- Chris Pitman. There Was A Time" "Broken glass and cigarettes, writing on the wall/It was a bargain for the summer and I thought I had it all," Axl sings before this instant classic crescendos into the powerful chorus. Other highlights include Dizzy Reed, Pitman and Axl's synth orchestra, which gives the song a movie feel.

A gorgeous instrumental intro featuring piano, bass and Axl's signature wails begins the album's next track, "Catcher In The Rye". Two tasty guitar solos here –- one by Bumblefoot, one by Buckethead. "Scraped" features Axl all over the register, with layers and layers of vocal tracks piledt on top of each other while a sinister guitar riff shoots through the chorus: "Don't you try to stop us now/'cause I just won't let you." Meanwhile, "Sorry" is a kick-back track with acoustic guitar but with Axl-penned lyrics that bite: "You don't know why I won't give in," he says. "To hell with the pressure, I'm not caving in."

Track No. 10, "Riad N' The Bedouins" has Axl giving his all to the vocal over a complex, multi-layered guitar rhythm. The instrumental bridge segues from strings to a Bumblefoot solo assault. An electronic drum loop leads right into the next song, "I.R.S.", which contains some of Axl's most inner-reaching lyrical content on the album. Track No. 12, "Madagascar," features accltaimed orchestral arranger Paul Buckmaster and emotional samples from history, including two speeches by Martin Luther King Jr., the films "Mississippi Burning" and "Cool Hand Luke."

"This I Love" starts with only Axl's voice and piano playing, and it's the only song on the album solely written by Axl. "Prostitute" brings things to a close, with Axl saying, "It's not a question of whether my heart is true."

Chinese Democracy is a truly epic project, GNR's first studio release since 1993's The Spaghetti Incident?.

Retail chain Best Buy is the exclusive outlet for the CD and vinyl album in the United States. The album is also available via the iTunes Store.

Did you guys know that Dr.Pepper is giving 1 free Dr.Pepper to everybody for the release of this album. I read it on yahoo news a couple days back. I think all you have to do is go to their website to claim your drink. Now you can be listening to Chinese Demcracy with a Dr.Pepper in your hand and a smile on yo face, yeah :rock

free Dr pepper and free chinese democracy via Myspace . 2 things i would never think of purchasing otherwise

im too impatient to wait for the stupid site to load :tap, i entered in my info but thats as far as i got, maybe i'll try again later like on my day off or something

My local Best Buy has a big display of this cd and it looks like none of them have sold. I'm sure some did but for all the hype, you'd think they wouldn't have so many.

My local Best Buy has a big display of this cd and it looks like none of them have sold. I'm sure some did but for all the hype, you'd think they wouldn't have so many.

Nobody buys CD's anymore they just download it. :duh

For me this is not Guns N' Roses. It's the equivalent of Paul McCartney bringing out an album with three other guys and calling themselves the Beatles . I saw the original Guns N' Roses live in the late eighties, you can't ever replicate how awesome they were back then

Back