Blogger arrested over leak of Guns N' Roses songs.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a big Guns N' Roses fan, but even I can admit that Axl is a total ^^^^^^^. And no, I honestly don't believe that Chinese Democracy will ever see release. Not as long as Axl's ego keeps on driving away band members, forcing them to re-record so as to avoid paying royalties.

Oh well, sometimes you have to critique the art and not the artist.

carrot-top-celeb-400a062807.jpg

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

His face looks like Chucky from Child's Play now, what a tool.

carrot-top-celeb-400a062807.jpg

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

His face looks like Chucky from Child's Play now, what a tool.
I'm a big GNR fan, have all their previouse albums but after seeing this
pick I'v just lost all respect what a F$#@ING IDIOT.
I aint giving Axel a cent if the album does come out I'm downloading it:lol

Chinese Democracy sucks, sell it to a weirdo freak on evilBay that still thinks that GnR will reunite and become good again and buy yourself HT IronMan.

I heard Axl Rose downloaded some mp3's once, which apparently means he has no leg to stand on in an argument against piracy.

Perhaps the guilty blogger should smash his computer up with a hammer and post images of it on the net, then everyone would see how incredibly noble he is and all would be forgiven. :monkey1

:)

Regardless - it is still considered theft, plain and simple. Without artist's approval this blogger is toast.

And Jimmy Buffett says there's nothing left to plunder...:naughty

Times are changing. I really don't care if record companies see a cent of profit these days because they are dinosaurs and their path is extinction. So many artists have the option of recording at home with their own home studios. And making more money by distributing their own music via the internet. These people that get their music stolen have to become more computer savvy to avoid these types of things.

Axel is an ass. He deserves this and that band is crappy... crappy- crappy. :lol

Just for the knowledge, I don't download music. I hate doing that because of all the restrictions they apply to ownership. I also don't download illegally because the quality isn't there. But I can still admit times are changing and CD and Record companies are on their way out.

Too true, El Roranous. It's partly due to profit loss of the record companies and largely because more and more artists are seeing they can finally profit nearly 100% from their work via the web. Still, record companies have their place. Any band, establised or new, needs the right advert campaign to launch a record or tour. Yes, these things too can be accomplised independently but that's one hell of a chunk of cash to come up with, especially when you haven't made much money from your work because you need the advertising to make the money. Vicious circle there. Not to mention the cost of producing physical CD's in any noteable quantity.

The film industry is a good example. Many good movies are made independently, without any "corporate" Hollywood involvment. But when the film is done, you still end up crawling to one studio or another to find the money for distribution and advertising. If not your movie goes straight to DVD (if you're lucky) and no one ever knows it exists except a handful of critics who purposely watch the indie film scene.

Not defending labels here. They take way too much from artists and always have. And they'll flat-out rip them off for every cent if they see the opportunity. Sometimes the artists themselves are at fault, as well. Most would rather waste their money on cars and crap than keep track of where it's going and who's stealing it. I think the best solution would be more ARTIST OWNED labels like Trent Reznor's NOTHING label. We need more of those, especially ones run by artists who themselves have been victimized and know how it feels.

Oh yes, the POOR artist. Yes, it's "stealing", but I have never been on the side of the artists on this one. So a few people "steal" some songs....so what? You're still rich off your ass mr artist.

I don't agree that stealing is "ok", but it does piss me off when rich music artists get bent out of shape about a little file sharing. I am sure Metallica was really going to have a problem putting food on the table due to Napster several year ago.:rolleyes:

Kitfisto,
Yes, you're right in the case of a band like Metallica. The thing is, when the internet and downloading came along, they were already rich. I'm thinking more about NEW artists. They have enough struggle, just being new and unproven to fans. These guys are FAR from rich, working their day jobs and hoping their talent takes them somwhere. How would YOU feel if you were a talented musician whose talent went to waste as you spent the rest of your life flipping burgers because "a little file sharing" never hurt anyone??

Back