Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I haven't had time to post the past couple weeks, but I have been keeping up reading the threads whenever I have spare moments. I posted my pics a couple weeks ago talking about how I feel about the paint schemes and whatnot, but I never posted up the pics of the nooks and crannies of the piece. Here's my chance. I apologize if I'm coming off as nitpicky, but this is a pretty expensive piece and I do feel a little more demanding.

V First to start off an overall shot of the piece, great lens, darker lighting, no filters or photoshop enhancements. V

Mixed Media statues are only make the work easier for the companies! They only concentrate on the parts which are not covered by fabric! Did you see Darth Maul's body naked? A rough black body without any details! So it is the same with Wolverine but I love that LSF! I am mad about not having metal claws cause (I will repeat myself maybe) when you name it something as Legendary, at least you should use metal not to fake it with painting! Besides the base is far away from perfection. But if you see the customized brown version, hell yeah it deserves the Legendary term in all meaning! I can spend $2000 easily to that piece without thinking for a second!

It would make sense to ensure the pieces they are charging 2K for be given special attention. I guess the Chinese have no respect for Sideshow or don't know the meaning of quality. How else can you explain them putting a statue like that on the ship and sending it to the us? Good help must be so hard to find in that country.

Well I look at Andy's and it looks amazing. SO this piece looks to be a success. One obviously bad paint job does not mean they are all like that. I will say that it is aweful that this stuff happens, but painters probably making $1 an hour won't necessarily always put killer work into something. Now I think that every painter should have their work tracked, and that they should be sent packing if things like this happen. However, I am not sure how you would do that. Maybe, a serial number inside the work somewhere say where an arm connects to the body.

Well I look at Andy's and it looks amazing. SO this piece looks to be a success. One obviously bad paint job does not mean they are all like that.

Great post Shawn :exactly: for every bad report of bad paint apps or a peg not fitting into the base for this LSF, there are 10 reports of jubilation also...you can't simply write off a piece based on just a handful of unfortunate collectors who have recieved their LSF with noticable flaws. It happens day in and day out with every single statue be it a PF, Comiquette, Bust or LSF...there will always be reports of bad QC issues.

I just can't get enough of this LSF and I hope those who are still waiting for theirs are as happy with their MKVII as I am with mine :hi5:

mybe8asu.jpg

6yqazugu.jpg

Last edited:
Great post Shawn :exactly: for every bad report of bad paint apps or a peg not fitting into the base for this LSF, there are 10 reports of jubilation also...you can't simply write off a piece based on just a handful of unfortunate collectors who have recieved their LSF with noticable flaws. It happens day in and day out with every single statue be it a PF, Comiquette, Bust or LSF...there will always be reports of bad QC issues.

I just can't get enough of this LSF and I hope those who are still waiting for theirs are as happy with their MKVII as I am with mine :hi5:

6yqazugu.jpg

Well yours looks amazing m8, and I am sure that the vast majority will. I think many forget that these are hand painted, so the level of artistic talent of the individual painters will vary. Should someone be inspecting these more closely. Yeah I would say so, but on occasion a rookie may paint one of these, and put to much paint on the sculpt and over time the paint runs and bubbles. Is that acceptable, no, but I am sure it happens.

Last edited:
Mixed Media statues are only make the work easier for the companies! They only concentrate on the parts which are not covered by fabric! Did you see Darth Maul's body naked? A rough black body without any details! So it is the same with Wolverine but I love that LSF! I am mad about not having metal claws cause (I will repeat myself maybe) when you name it something as Legendary, at least you should use metal not to fake it with painting! Besides the base is far away from perfection. But if you see the customized brown version, hell yeah it deserves the Legendary term in all meaning! I can spend $2000 easily to that piece without thinking for a second!

Agree, the base looks loo simple of a paint work on it. Could have been way better.

It would make sense to ensure the pieces they are charging 2K for be given special attention. I guess the Chinese have no respect for Sideshow or don't know the meaning of quality. How else can you explain them putting a statue like that on the ship and sending it to the us? Good help must be so hard to find in that country.

It's got nothing to do with the Chinese workers. Many of the electronic components are made in China: Apple and Samsung product, and so. So much more. Are they all crappy products? :cuckoo: If it has SS QC STICKERS on it, who do you think should be responsible for the qc. Obviously SS, not the factory. People don't buy BMW and receive a faulty car and claim, the certain components parts made by company abc, def, ghi is to be blamed. They only see BMW.

It's got nothing to do with the Chinese workers. If it has SS QC STICKERS on it, who do you think should be responsible for the qc. Obviously SS, not the factory. People don't buy BMW and receive a faulty car and claim, the certain components parts made by company abc, def, ghi is to be blamed. They only see BMW.

QFT. That sticker has become a joke. Way too many bad ones are getting through.

Agree, the base looks loo simple of a paint work on it. Could have been way better.

It's got nothing to do with the Chinese workers. If it has SS QC STICKERS on it, who do you think should be responsible for the qc. Obviously SS, not the factory. People don't buy BMW and receive a faulty car and claim, the certain components parts made by company abc, def, ghi is to be blamed. They only see BMW.

A Chineese worker puts on that sticker though m8, and yes they are an SSC employee, but they are protecting their jobs. IMHO whole factories should have been let go after some of the horrible lines that have gone out lately (Spidey Con, Apocalypse, SpiderWoman). However, in the end unless we want to pay ATLEAST $100-$200 more for a statue made in the US things won't change because the SSC high muckety mucks can't be in China everyday.

A Chineese worker puts on that sticker though m8, and yes they are an SSC employee, but they are protecting their jobs. IMHO whole factories should have been let go after some of the horrible lines that have gone out lately (Spidey Con, Apocalypse, SpiderWoman). However, in the end unless we want to pay ATLEAST $100-$200 more for a statue made in the US things won't change because the SSC high muckety mucks can't be in China everyday.

This is true. I think this might be where XM excel over SS, for now they probably visit the factory every so often to qc their products.

There appears to be evidence you simply got a lemon. Your piece had a hard time lighting up as well.

There are other members who have better ones with less issues. I know you had planned on a return, but an exchange may be a worthwhile gamble due to how good this piece is without the issues.

This is true. I think this might be where XM excel over SS, for now they probably visit the factory every so often to qc their products.

Yep... practically on XMs doorstep... lol.

In the end the thing is if what I heard is true there are only 3 LSF left to be done that have not been teased or displayed, and if I was to guess I would guess Batman, Superman, and Spiderman. Other than say the Reaper these things tend to not hold their value, and some of them have been certifiable MESSES (Darth Maul) comes to mind. So soon the LSF will be a dog we don't get to kick around anymore.

It's like everything else in this world. You always hear of the bad and not enough of the good! I see it all the time in my work etc...

This is a great statue from the looks of it.

My issue is why someone at the factory in China decided that mess was acceptable to send to Sideshow and once receiving it the "Quality Assurance" person looks at it and decided to put the quality assurance sticker on that statue. Who is the person doing that job? Clearly that person is just stealing his/her salary instead of earning it!

My issue is why someone at the factory in China decided that mess was acceptable to send to Sideshow and once receiving it the "Quality Assurance" person looks at it and decided to put the quality assurance sticker on that statue. Who is the person doing that job? Clearly that person is just stealing his/her salary instead of earning it!

Totally agree buddy...when i was offered a replacement Iron Man MKVI bust, I was told by a Sideshow representative that they would thoroughly inspect my replacement to make sure the head and torso are the same colour shade of red...my point would be, why couldn't someone have done this in the first place when originally packing it up in the factory? :dunno seems as though the QC tested stickers are handed out willy nilly these days whether the statue has flaws or not!

There's more duds posted here than good ones, and for a 2k piece that's horrific. The Chinese factory excuse is old and played out, this is supposed to be Sideshows end all be all of IM Collectibles and they routinely churn out lemons with tons of qc issues. Nobody should have to feel like their gambling to get a good one at this price, but everyone does.

There's more duds posted here than good ones, and for a 2k piece that's horrific. The Chinese factory excuse is old and played out, this is supposed to be Sideshows end all be all of IM Collectibles and they routinely churn out lemons with tons of qc issues. Nobody should have to feel like their gambling to get a good one at this price, but everyone does.

However, this place isn't the end all and be all of all collectors, and I am sure that what some of us notice would never even be spotted by some. However, I will agree with you that there is WAY to much Russian Roulette when it comes to SSC IM collectibles. It is the only reason why I am tempted to go for the XM Mark VII is tread of waiting for SSC as I like the design pics for SSCs IM ALOT!!

Yeah, we don't tend to hear from all of the happy people. Disappointed or pissed off people more likely to come to a forum that happy customers LOL.

Back