Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, to look at them, you'd expect to throw your back right out, so at least they give that impression heh.

that's right...it certainly makes things easier when your assembling this massive pieces rather than being a two man job. Sometimes being hollow has its advantages...or not in this case :horror

B2aeFnd.gif

Another awesome pic of the MKVII LSF via Facebook :love Man I love this piece!!!! Here you go Pau...a pic in natural lighting! :lol

agu7u3em.jpg

age6u7ap.jpg

3e2enesy.jpg

de7y7aru.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Andy,

Are you going to paint those silver areas on the sides of the helmet black or leave them as is?

Yes, definitely black it up and if you repaint the facemask. It would look so much nicer. =)
Ooh Andy, now I want an outdoor shot, like in the Wolverine LSF.... Please please please :lol

As it should..it's brilliant.

:hi5:

Hey Andy,

Are you going to paint those silver areas on the sides of the helmet black or leave them as is?

Hey Brent, I most certainly am going to repaint the silver parts in black :)

Also want to know if Andy plans on repainting the faceplate to make it look metallic.

Hey Eric, at this point in time...probably not :( although I know one or two collectors across the pond who are contemplating this very idea so i'll certainly wait to see how it turns out before considering it myself...and there's no way in hell I'd be talented enough to achieve such a look myself, its definitely something that's beyond me and I don't want to screw up a $2k statue :lol i'll be repainting the silver parts of the faceplate to black myself and also give the base a go too I think ;)

Yes, definitely black it up and if you repaint the facemask. It would look so much nicer. =)
Ooh Andy, now I want an outdoor shot, like in the Wolverine LSF.... Please please please :lol

Outdoor shot...:gah: and after that? A pic of the Iron Man inside the shower with me!!?? :lol:lol :rotfl

Hi guys, I haven't had time to post the past couple weeks, but I have been keeping up reading the threads whenever I have spare moments. I posted my pics a couple weeks ago talking about how I feel about the paint schemes and whatnot, but I never posted up the pics of the nooks and crannies of the piece. Here's my chance. I apologize if I'm coming off as nitpicky, but this is a pretty expensive piece and I do feel a little more demanding.

V First to start off an overall shot of the piece, great lens, darker lighting, no filters or photoshop enhancements. V

But let's start getting close up and personal. V Behind the left knee V

V Behind right knee V

V Rocket Forearm cover V

V Right Calf V

V Gloss rub off V

V paint split V

V Globs of black lines in the circular area, and gold glob runoff on the far right. V

V Following the gold down, there's a weird mixup between the gold and the black line. V

V It's not a chip, it's a missed spot of red, exposing gold underneath V

V Supposed to be black lines, but yea... V

V More globes of black lines V

V pic of the same area earlier but with a comparison of the right leg and left leg V

These are just pics of the really bad areas on my statue. The same type of quality is pretty much represented virtually everywhere on my piece. Aside from the color, it's pretty cool standing back and looking at it. When you get up close and even loosely examine it, revealing a standard production piece that is large in scale that costs 2k. Everyone that I have had come over to look at it, thinks it's very cool... Then for those that walk up close, notice it for what it is. Again, I think it is a very cool piece overall, just understand that it is a standard production piece. It hasn't received any more care or craftsmanship than any other piece, even if it does sum a retail of 2k.

That's a real shame bro...your one does indeed look as if it's been in the wars. It reminds me a lot of how my MKVII lifesize bust arrived with those swirls, cat scratches and marks throughout the piece. I have to say that I've been very fortunate with mine as due to the recent problems I had experienced with my lifesize bust, I meticulously inspected each piece of my LSF and fortunately recieved one in immaculate condition. I would definately contact Sideshow for a replacement, if your happy to exchange it or will you be going for a refund? I'm totally blown away by mine and only hope you get your situation sorted as fast as possible :)

yvu2evep.jpg

These are just pics of the really bad areas on my statue. The same type of quality is pretty much represented virtually everywhere on my piece. Aside from the color, it's pretty cool standing back and looking at it. When you get up close and even loosely examine it, revealing a standard production piece that is large in scale that costs 2k. Everyone that I have had come over to look at it, thinks it's very cool... Then for those that walk up close, notice it for what it is. Again, I think it is a very cool piece overall, just understand that it is a standard production piece. It hasn't received any more care or craftsmanship than any other piece, even if it does sum a retail of 2k.

Are you planning to keep it or return it?

:lol :lol there is no escape!!! It's only a matter if time before you succumb to ordering this bad-ass LSF :rock slowly but surely this is beginning to become one of my favourite collectibles :love

rezuryhe.jpg

Is it? I know you love Iron Man Roberto but it is hard to name that piece as "bad-ass LSF"!!! Maybe the Wolf Predator deserves the LEGENDARY term! It is $2000 statue so if I am ready to pay that amount of money, it will be my right to expect something extra-ordinary, something unique in all terms of artistic work! Maybe I am thinking like that cause I am not rich enough to spend $2000 easily! I don't want to disrespect your way of thinking or likes but after seeing all the close-up photos of which this LSF! was painted poorly, LEGENDARY term is only being lowered in value by Sideshow!

Is it? I know you love Iron Man Roberto but it is hard to name that piece as "bad-ass LSF"!!! Maybe the Wolf Predator deserves the LEGENDARY term! It is $2000 statue so if I am ready to pay that amount of money, it will be my right to expect something extra-ordinary, something unique in all terms of artistic work! Maybe I am thinking like that cause I am not rich enough to spend $2000 easily! I don't want to disrespect your way of thinking or likes but after seeing all the close-up photos of which this LSF! was painted poorly, LEGENDARY term is only being lowered in value by Sideshow!

As with all my fellow collectors on here I totally respect each and everyone of your opinions and comments. I totally understand what you are saying my friend and also respect your views. I can only call it how I see it and these LSFs bring me so much joy to have in my collection. With that said, if the statue is not to my full liking or if I see flaws that are too serious to be overlooked then I will be the first to call it and raise the points with Sideshow or whoever the company is.

For instance, with my MKVII lifesize bust, I received the head and torso of two different colours :horror

qe6unupa.jpg

this was no way acceptable and so I've allowed one more chance for them to get it right and will recieve a replacement on Monday.

I'm just in this hobby to enjoy it my friend but if I recieve a piece that isn't up to scratch then as mentioned, I will be the first to call it. Regarding my MKVII LSF I can honestly say that it is flawless...and more importantly, I absolutely love it and yes my friend, to me it is a bad-ass LSF :yess:

I believe the same was also said of the Wolverine LSF and that piece also received mixed feedback of good and bad points and again the issue was raised of whether that particular piece was worth $2K...my opinion was that no it wasn't worth the $2K but that was the price that it cost to have it my collection and nothing I could do would be able to change that fact. Do I regret spending the money? Hell No! It's the most definitive Wolverine collectible on the market in my opinion and I am so happy to have it :)

Last edited:
Back