Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More review in depth please Andy. We are like a pack of hungry dogs here hahaha

This could possibly be my first Iron Man purchase.
(On the fence)
I'm Looking forward to some more pics.

Okay guys, so I'm pleased to announce that I have successfully recieved box 1 of my Iron Man MKVII LSF :) Enclosed are the 2 arms, the torso and the ammo shoulder guards and thankfully after close inspection, I have no breaks or damages on these pieces so it's a clean bill of health so far for the MKVII...phew!

gequvepe.jpg

4e5e2ygu.jpg

Okay, so there's not much I can review without having the entire piece I front of me but I can make some judgements on the colour.

The colour in my opinion is....pretty good!

blackguy.gif

Yep, you heard right! :lol in person, it's definately not the same colour as what we saw from the proto pics at Comic Con last year...if anything, the production LSF is a heck of alot darker in regards to the red tones of the armour (my pics at the end of the post dont really show how dark the red tones are but believe me, it's a lot darker than what my pics show). So if your expecting the red to look like the proto when you take it out the box....

3ymy5uma.jpg

...then your going to be disappointed :( However, from what I've been hearing from here, aswell as the Statue Forum and Facebook, this darker shade of red is actually more movie accurate than the actual proto :horror as you can see from these pics taken from The Avengers movie:

y9ysuta5.jpg

hahu9yqa.jpg

mubate2a.jpg

u8e4a7up.jpg

so I guess it's whether your preference is the more vibrant red colour shown on the proto at Comic Con (in which case this piece is not for you) or you want it more movie accurate in which case you'll definately prefer the paint apps on this LSF. Both look very nice in their own right and in all honesty, I would've been happy with either shades of red so it's all good from my end ;)

What I was really impressed with is the actual gold colour. After recieving the MKVII LIFESIZE bust a week or so ago, I was very disappointed with the gold colour of the armour...it was almost a yellowy-mustard colour and looked nothing like a metallic gold, BUT....on this LSF the gold looks 100x better! Now I'm not getting carried away here guys and I'm certainly not saying it looks perfectly metallic but the fact it looks as good if not better as what the gold on the MKIII LSF looked like, is a massive sigh of relief.

6e3ara7a.jpg

Again, I still haven't recieved the other parts including the faceplate (which has looked very orangy in some of the other inhand pics we've recieved already) so I'm not counting my chickens just yet! :lol At least, the gold actually looks like gold on this LSF...which is a great start!

The finish of the paint apps, like the MKVII LIFESIZE bust is extremely well applied in my opinion...it looks like armour and not overly like plastic (which a few of us were concerned abt)...the armour gives off a nice sheen to it when picked up by the reflections of the lighting in the room as you walk around it and this is what creates a spectacular metallic effect...again, I compare with the MKIII LSF which also had the same effects.

As I look at the Arc Reactor, it's basically a miniature version of the MKVII LIFESIZE bust and looks okay - not crazy about it but like I've already explained in the MKVII bust thread, it's an easy fix to change the Arc Reactor to a new design or to remove the outer blue tinge which isn't that nice looking in my opinion :( for those who haven't seen, here are a few alternative designs I made for my bust which I'll be eventually implementing on my LSF :)

ugemeqyh.jpg

e8e7ytev.jpg

ezyta6ym.jpg

Not much else to say really guys...so gutted I can't assemble this guy completely but in the meantime I'll get to work on making a new Arc Reactor design...oh, and I also have to have some fun and smash my MKVII LIFESIZE bust up this weekend before my replacement ships next week :yess:

If there's anything you need to know that I haven't covered so far then feel free to tell me guys and I'll do my best to help you out...but from what I've seen so far, I have to say that I am very happy indeed. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm purposely being really strict in my opinions towards this piece. I want to be blown away just like I was when I first saw the MKIII LSF in my collection...signs so far are very good :rock :rock

Here are some pics I took of what was in the box :)

a4ubysyb.jpg

sedavama.jpg

mygahysy.jpg

u6ysa6ah.jpg

mevedatu.jpg

Last edited:
It looks awesome to me. Looking at the stills, I also prefer the red of the production piece. The proto has an almost fire engine red to it. Looks good, but pretty bright. Glad to hear that you're liking it so far. Must be torture to have an incomplete piece right now.

It looks awesome to me. Looking at the stills, I also prefer the red of the production piece. The proto has an almost fire engine red to it. Looks good, but pretty bright. Glad to hear that you're liking it so far. Must be torture to have an incomplete piece right now.

Thanks bro :hi5: yea, it's looking real good so far....but the more crucial parts of this statue are yet to arrive. The headsculpt, the base and whether the lights work :horror lots to be excited about but lots to be weary about also :panic:

Thanks for the prompt review Andy :). It does look more metallic in your foto as compared to earlier fotos. Maybe the yellow lighting has a factor to it? I don't mind darker red, as long as it's metallic and pops out nicely.

Out of topic but my brother saw the Imaginarium Heart Breaker and he said it look beautiful. Better than Mark III LSF. Curious why no photo has surface yet.

Congrats Andy,dosn't look bad

The color in your photos definitely looks better than the first couple of examples that were posted in this thread.

Looks AMAZING!! :pray:

Thanks guys :hi5: Sorry I couldn't bring you the full Iron Man piece but after Sideshow decided to split this LSF into two separate boxes, it looks like they both headed in different directions en route to the delivery van :(worse still is that I've just received notice from FedEx that there is now a 24 hour delay on all outgoing UK deliveries :slap so the rest of Iron Man will arrive tomorrow! Oh well, when your on a roll....:lol :lol

Anyway, its looking good so far...difficult to make an overall judgement on a piece that is still incomplete as the vital pieces such as the headsculpt and the base are yet to arrive and those are the parts that really stuck out for me as the weakest parts of the figure :(

Thanks guys :hi5: Sorry I couldn't bring you the full Iron Man piece but after Sideshow decided to split this LSF into two separate boxes, it looks like they both headed in different directions en route to the delivery van :(worse still is that I've just received notice from FedEx that there is now a 24 hour delay on all outgoing UK deliveries :slap so the rest of Iron Man will arrive tomorrow! Oh well, when your on a roll....:lol :lol

Anyway, its looking good so far...difficult to make an overall judgement on a piece that is still incomplete as the vital pieces such as the headsculpt and the base are yet to arrive and those are the parts that really stuck out for me as the weakest parts of the figure :(

Forget that :lol Second box just arrived!!! Iron Man legs, head and base are finally here :rock

Back