Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Eric :) Yea, it's a strange one isn't it :dunno

Right, next is the Headsculpt and personally a real worry for me as in some pics it looked kinda orangy :horror

Okay, scare over cos the Headsculpt is really nice! If I was really nit-picking then I'd say a touch on the glossy side across the faceplate but that's neither here not there cos for me, the gold color is there and no orange whatsoever! It's a major relief to be honest and the head is where your eyes tend to focus on the most when feasting your eyes on something this big...

The eyes have a very cool blue tinge inbuilt inside the lens. I haven't had a chance to work the light feature yet but I'm guessing this blue tinge would be to recreate a bluish effect to the eyes, as they've done with the Arc Reactor...personally, I would have preferred a more whiter lens but again, we're talking abt personal preferences...overall I'm delighted at how the Headsculpt turned out :)

I'm glad you like the look of it Andy :hi5:

Now that you have that and the bust in hand, what's your opinion of the differing cheek textures they used in each of those pieces? Do you have a preference of one over the other?

Nice pics. The head looks awesome to me. Looks clean and the colors/finish are really solid IMO. Brushed metal look would've been great, but I really like how this came out.

Thanks buddy :hi5: I'm actually surprised at how well it has turned out and good it looks inhand. I was really trying to be unbiased throughout my judgements and the only flaw I could genuinely find was the base...apart from that it's awesome :) now I've just got to worry abt the light features not working :slap can you imagine :lol I've recieved a flawless piece only to have to send them all back cos the lights don't work :thud:

I'm glad you like the look of it Andy :hi5:

Now that you have that and the bust in hand, what's your opinion of the differing cheek textures they used in each of those pieces? Do you have a preference of one over the other?

Hey Eric, for me it's an easy decision. LSF 100% wins all day long! The Bust is very nice too don't get me wrong but there's just so much more detail on the half as scale piece plus I'm preferring the colours on the LSF by a country mile! The golds on the lifesize bust is totally underwhelming and very flat...incredibly the LSF faceplate gives off a more metallic effect...

Also not sure what it is actually movie accurate but notice the difference in colour between the bust and LSF head in regards to the part underneath the cheek of the faceplate...the bust is black but the LSF is silver :dunno

yra5emu5.jpg

Hey Eric, for me it's an easy decision. LSF 100% wins all day long! The Bust is very nice too don't get me wrong but there's just so much more detail on the half as scale piece plus I'm preferring the colours on the LSF by a country mile! The golds on the lifesize bust is totally underwhelming and very flat...incredibly the LSF faceplate gives off a more metallic effect...

Also not sure what it is actually movie accurate but notice the difference in colour between the bust and LSF head in regards to the part underneath the cheek of the faceplate...the bust is black but the LSF is silver :dunno

yra5emu5.jpg

Thanks for the pic Andy. Glad to hear the LSF takes the cake, it should :)

Very odd that SSC went with 2 different textures for that area, and 2 very different paint applications for the same character suit.

Hoping your very satisfied with your LSF once you assemble it :hi5:

Nice comparison shot. The LSF gold looks way better.

Thanks buddy :) pretty noticeable difference. However, just to clear up one thing which I was just mentioning in my display thread in regards to the colour difference on the small part you see under the cheek part of the faceplate (which is silver on the LSF and black on the lifesize bust)...

ejymabep.jpg

the actual correct movie accurate version is the LSF! This pic taken from an actual MKVII suit used in the Avengers movie clearly shows that silver is indeed the correct way to go.

8evagu8u.jpg

Thus making the lifesize bust inaccurate and once again, another Sideshow error on another Iron Man collectible :slap

Thanks for the pic Andy. Glad to hear the LSF takes the cake, it should :)

Hoping your very satisfied with your LSF once you assemble it :hi5:

Thanks for the feedback Eric :hi5: have to say, this piece really surprised me in that after so much initial negativity caused by the early inhand pics, made those who had ordered this piece, including myself, really nervous! :panic: but as I was always going to do, I waited for mine to arrive infront of my very eyes so I could make the telling judgement and I'm so glad I did. I just cant wait to finally assemble this guy tonight for a few brief snaps before returning him to the box whilst I await my display background for this guy :)

Keep the pic coming Andy

Hey Pau, no worries bro...will get some more up tonight once its fully assembled :hi5:

They must have changed the silver from that suit to black on the film cos it's black on Avengers.

Yeah they used green on the War Machine and those parts were silver in the film.

Yea, I remember that too. Even in this pic showing the MKVII in the hall of armour, you can see those parts of the faceplate are silver

eqavuse9.jpg

Yeah sometimes they change parts of it for the film. The film has been out ages now so they should have known it was black and not silver. Still easy fix.

Yea, I'm still ecstatic about the way the overall piece turned out though...just gutted I ran out of time last night to actually get it assembled :( base needs a little work to it. As I mentioned last night, I'd actually have preferred the same base they used on their prototype during last years Comic Con. Instead, we have a base that no one can link to any part of the movie :dunno

Just making it up as they go along. :lol While you're painting the black also put some red over those silver bits that shouldn't be there. Then you have one that looks just like the film. :D

Oh and yeah it does look like a good statue so congrats.

the actual correct movie accurate version is the LSF! This pic taken from an actual MKVII suit used in the Avengers movie clearly shows that silver is indeed the correct way to go.

8evagu8u.jpg

Thus making the lifesize bust inaccurate and once again, another Sideshow error on another Iron Man collectible :slap

I think these full size statues are produced specifically for Marvel events/promos and as such they lack the detail of screen-used suits. The silver components around the collar are greatly simplified and not screen accurate...

Wallpaper_smaller.jpg

For whatever reason the SS statues are based of the inaccurate promo statues rather than the movie suits/CG.

Oh great, need to paint not only the base, now the silver area as well. sigh :thud:

Back