Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've pretty much decided I'm going to take the $200. I don't think I could destroy it. I still love it despite it's flaws. :love

Keeping the statue and having $200 credit is a better deal than losing the statue, $700 in shipping and customs fees and whatever else I would lose on the worsened exchange rate between the US and AUS since I paid for it.

I was just hoping that It would be perfect. Guess that was just too much to ask for. :dunno

Lesson learned. :lecture
That's just sad and remind us Worldwide buyers that if something goes wrong with a SS statue, we're screwed... especially for a $2k and in your case $2500... :(

Well, I've pretty much decided I'm going to take the $200. I don't think I could destroy it. I still love it despite it's flaws. :love

Keeping the statue and having $200 credit is a better deal than losing the statue, $700 in shipping and customs fees and whatever else I would lose on the worsened exchange rate between the US and AUS since I paid for it.

I was just hoping that It would be perfect. Guess that was just too much to ask for. :dunno

are you not able to get back your customs fees and taxes back? In Canada, it is a long-winded process, but you are able to.

In terms of the exchange rate - just contact the credit card company to explain the situation and they will adjust the refund so it matches what you initially paid. I have done this in the past without a problem...If the aussie dollar was higher since your purchase the credit card company would certainly not give you a credit.

Have you heard of Popcultcha? I got this for 2k delivered from them here in Australia and while I haven't received it yet, if it's crap they are excellent at returns/replacements :)
You could also look into getting some of the larger earth magnet discs that are on ebay and putting them into the parts that aren't holding by drilling out space for them and gluing them in.

The lesson should be to never trust Sideshow for QC ever again. ;)

Just seem more and more qc with lots of SS releases now. :gah:

Have you heard of Popcultcha? I got this for 2k delivered from them here in Australia and while I haven't received it yet, if it's crap they are excellent at returns/replacements :)
You could also look into getting some of the larger earth magnet discs that are on ebay and putting them into the parts that aren't holding by drilling out space for them and gluing them in.

Definitely should shop there, probably a distributor for SS in Oz mate.

Thanks for all the advice peeps, will definately keep it in mind for the future. :hi5:

As for claiming back customs fees etc, I'm sure I could, but as I said, I really don't want to give this piece up, despite the issues.

I have mine ordered with Secret Compass Collectibles. I asked Shane to inspect it and test all LED lights before shipping it to Brazil. Shipping was a killer! US$380
I really hope its worth the money and all the headache of getting such a big box delivered in Brazil.

I have mine ordered with Secret Compass Collectibles. I asked Shane to inspect it and test all LED lights before shipping it to Brazil. Shipping was a killer! US$380
I really hope its worth the money and all the headache of getting such a big box delivered in Brazil.
May I ask why not ordering thru Sideshow direct? Customs?

Also do you plan getting the Iron Studios 1:2 Iron Man Mark 42 BD?

Hi brother

Customs is the main reason I did not get it from Sideshow. They only ship it via UPS/Fedex. If the package is not handled by Brazilian Postal Services taxes reach up to 100%.
When its shipped via USPS once it reaches Brazil its handled by our regular postal service. This way I save a lot on customs fees.
I am not getting the Iron Studios Mark 42 BD. This will be my last 1/2 scale piece. I will stick with XM 1/4 statues and very few Sideshow like Wonder Woman and the new Green Hulk PF.

Customs is the main reason I did not get it from Sideshow. They only ship it via UPS/Fedex. If the package is not handled by Brazilian Postal Services taxes reach up to 100%.
Wow... I knew taxes were just plain crazy for you my friend... but 100% WOW!!! :gah:
And I remember we once chatted about Canada Post being a bunch of thieves... seems like they found their maker!!! :lol

XM and few select SS 1/4, nice route ;)

Ok UPDATE!.. So it turns out i will be receiving my replacement statue next week. Making it a total turn around from last payment to now 31 days. Lets hope for a good one.

Another update. I received my replacement today and we'll it's going back for a refund or a replacement. The legs hardly fit into the base. The base it self is warped and bowing inward. Lights flickering, very unstable on base, paint issues around some fingers, light shining through side and mouth again.

Sideshow has once again let me down.

Another update. I received my replacement today and we'll it's going back for a refund or a replacement. The legs hardly fit into the base. The base it self is warped and bowing inward. Lights flickering, very unstable on base, paint issues around some fingers, light shining through side and mouth again.

Dude, they will probably give you the same line they gave me. Can't replace it again due to limited quantities etc. etc. blah blah...

If it's not salvageable, looks like you will be refunding it. Sorry bro.

Sorry to hear that dude, waiting for mine expecting the worst...

If they want to knock off $1000 and replace the helmet then i would keep the statue. the base is completely distorted im talking at least a 1/2 dip in the middle of the base and to the right and left of both feet. Overall the paint app is SPOT on, but when you look at Iron man and he has light shinny out from the side of his face and he has a lighted smile kind of makes it like the Joker made it.

Side note: Notice how they took down the 50 remaining. I bet they have had more returns of this statue then people actually keeping it. Maybe i'll wait until they offer double rewards, reduce price, and free shipping before trying again.

If they want to knock off $1000 and replace the helmet then i would keep the statue. the base is completely distorted im talking at least a 1/2 dip in the middle of the base and to the right and left of both feet. Overall the paint app is SPOT on, but when you look at Iron man and he has light shinny out from the side of his face and he has a lighted smile kind of makes it like the Joker made it.

Not quiet understand this, do you have a picture to show what you mean.?
Each time open this thread, just hear more bad news. :gah:

Back