Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember, SS mention you are suppose to see the statue from 3 ft away and probably at an angle where you can't see the light escape from under the face mask. Oh, wait, if he is leaning, you probably need to tilt your head a bit, so he appears straight. That's normal. Good day. Thanks for shopping LSF $2K.

I can't even express how disgusted I am with sideshow. They even offered to refund me my NDR for the mark 42 and iron pat 1/4.

Remember, SS mention you are suppose to see the statue from 3 ft away and probably at an angle where you can't see the light escape from under the face mask. Oh, wait, if he is leaning, you probably need to tilt your head a bit, so he appears straight. That's normal. Good day. Thanks for shopping LSF $2K.

Pretty much. Don't forget to look at it from the 'hero angle'!

I can't even express how disgusted I am with sideshow. They even offered to refund me my NDR for the mark 42 and iron pat 1/4.

Take your money and run while you can still get it.

So I've opened up and put together 2 of these guys in the last week.

One was with Turtle's retailer who bought one to display for his own collection. The other was my own.

Both came with no obvious issues. Lights worked fine for both, magnets stuck on nicely, both feet flush into base with no gaps (other than the heels to display lights of course), no obvious chips or cracks or damage.

Both were opened in daylight so I was unable to observe any light bleeding through in the head area. My LSF is going into my office at work and those lights never go off so I won't be able to check that anytime soon . . .

If you inspect VERY closely from a few inches away then yes, there are going to be small imperfections and blemishes. On the dealer's version I observed a few sloppy paint-lines and a scuff mark on the head. On mine, I saw a scuff/scratch on the back armor.

My overall opinion is that this is one of the best pieces I've ever seen. The paint job to me is spot on and movie-accurate. It is a deep dark, burgundy red and that is more true to the Avengers film than the cherry red that is on the Sideshow prototype photos. It is also very glossy and reflective and definitely gives you that car paint finish when appreciated from even a foot away. I own the original Mark 3 1:2 scale statue from Legacy (I refuse to dignify that with the LSF moniker as it was "grandfathered" into the line and not originally described as a Legendary Scale Piece . . .) and frankly it pales in comparison to the Mark 7. The paint for the Mark 3 is a lot more dull and flat, the pose is more "stiff", and there is more detail in the Mark 7 in my opinion. I especially enjoyed the various armor attachments that go on magnetically as that adds a lot more detail to the statue which the original Mark 3 lacked.

When displayed with the lights on, the statue has HUGE presence and simply dominates any room you display it in. It is a showstopper in every sense of the word. You LITERALLY feel like you have the movie design maquette of the Avengers Iron Man in front of you. First reaction when you see this in person is jaw-dropping awe and that is from two separate dealers who buy and sell Sideshow for a living and complain incessantly about Sideshow normally.

The base is a bit dull, yes, but frankly no one spares a second glance at the base because all eyes are on the Ferrari you got on it.

Again, is it perfect? No. There are unique challenges to putting together a piece like this where again, the goal is to give us a Ferrari level car paint job. That was not achieved but still the paint is light years ahead of the Mark 3 lifesize bust, the Mark 3 1:2 scale, and the Mark 7 lifesize which I also own. Those pieces had the more flat paints, I look at this Iron Man and I absolutely see car paint finish.

So is it worth 2k? As others have mentioned before me, that is a subjective opinion but from where I stand, I can't think of many pieces that I've been happier spending 2k on. And I do own very high end and very expensive custom made props and collectibles so I have quite a diverse range of items in the multi-thousand dollar range to give me perspective on this piece.

For those who are on the fence because the only info they've got has been from pics on the forums or Youtube videos, I say that the piece in person is devastatingly good. Yes you can nitpick here and there but come on, if you pay 350,000 dollars for a LaFerrari and inspect with a magnifying glass from 6 inches away, you'll probably find a scuff here or there as well.. Remember you are not buying Obi Wan or Wolf or Darth Maul, you are buying a statue whose finish is a high end supercar. It is VERY UNFORGIVING, the SLIGHTEST blemish or scuff or scratch will show up. BUT the OVERALL appearance is magnificent, there is not a better licensed statue of this character at this scale available and it is from the LEGACY molds . . . something which you simply can't get anywhere else.

I'm not as big an Iron Man fan as averone or Alex but I do own . . .

Mark 3 1:2 scale maquette
Mark VI 1:4 scale maquette exclusive
War Machine 1:4 scale maquette exclusive
Mark I 1:4 scale maquette Sideshow exclusive
Mark 3 lifesize bust
Mark 7 lifesize bust
War Machine lifesize bust
Mark 7 LSF

And I have the Legacy 1:4 scale Iron Patriot and Mark 42 on order as well as the Mark 42 lifesize bust on order.

So far, this LSF is my favorite Iron Man collectible and that is saying a lot for me..

Good on you mate. Just seem that most of the members here who have received Mark VII LSF, have either refunded or not quiet satisfied with it. Hopefully the later batch gets better, wishful thinking. :)

The pictures of the head I took was from 3 ft away. Idk about you but I never saw iron man have a lighted smile.

Agree with almost all of this post.
Was fully prepared to return mine before unboxing after seeing some of the problems. I was particularly worried about the paint color.

I was impressed as hell when I opened it up but mine came with a small problem, crooked right rib plate. Asked for a replacement and waited. If SS didn't come through, I would return it.

As I waited for the replacement piece, I realized this piece is GROWING on me.

Got the replacement part (eventually) and I'm very happy with it.

There are still a few issues... I actually just found a few tiny (1 mm) paint blemishes on the hip just today while writing this post. It's probably not the only blemish on the statue, I didn't go over it with a magnifying glass and it's a BIG piece. The biggest issue is the burgundy. I watched the Avengers again and in some scenes, the armor seems to match to statue quite well, in other scenes (bright light) the armor in the movie looks a little more red.

But... the sheer presence of this statue is undeniable. The shiny paint finish is incredible. I received the Mark VII 1:1 bust at the same time and returned it because it looked like a big DULL lump.

Anyway, put me in the category of quietly satisfied. I feel the same way I did when I got my first 1/4 scale statues. It makes every smaller scale statue seem less impressive.

Mark 3 lifesize bust
Mark 7 lifesize bust
Mark 7 LSF

And I have the Legacy 1:4 scale Iron Patriot and Mark 42 on order as well as the Mark 42 lifesize bust on order.
So far, this LSF is my favorite Iron Man collectible and that is saying a lot for me..
DAMN! If you don't consider yourself an IM fan, you ARE a GREAT ONE in my book! Would def. like to see your IM setup (pictures or vid)!!!

But... the sheer presence of this statue is undeniable. The shiny paint finish is incredible. I received the Mark VII 1:1 bust at the same time and returned it because it looked like a big DULL lump.

Anyway, put me in the category of quietly satisfied. I feel the same way I did when I got my first 1/4 scale statues. It makes every smaller scale statue seem less impressive.
Great review and super nice to see someone who's pleased about this!!! THANKS!

$100 is the max. My only other option is to return the statue and buy it all over again that way it would come out of a different pile of statues.

Well, that's a load of BS about the S100 max. They gave me $200, a head, right arm and a back piece.

In the end I had to choose between a head with light shining through the forehead or one with a lit up smile. Chose the forehead as it was less visible.

Gutted for you man.

So I've opened up and put together 2 of these guys in the last week.

One was with Turtle's retailer who bought one to display for his own collection. The other was my own.

Both came with no obvious issues. Lights worked fine for both, magnets stuck on nicely, both feet flush into base with no gaps (other than the heels to display lights of course), no obvious chips or cracks or damage.

Both were opened in daylight so I was unable to observe any light bleeding through in the head area. My LSF is going into my office at work and those lights never go off so I won't be able to check that anytime soon . . .

If you inspect VERY closely from a few inches away then yes, there are going to be small imperfections and blemishes. On the dealer's version I observed a few sloppy paint-lines and a scuff mark on the head. On mine, I saw a scuff/scratch on the back armor.

My overall opinion is that this is one of the best pieces I've ever seen. The paint job to me is spot on and movie-accurate. It is a deep dark, burgundy red and that is more true to the Avengers film than the cherry red that is on the Sideshow prototype photos. It is also very glossy and reflective and definitely gives you that car paint finish when appreciated from even a foot away. I own the original Mark 3 1:2 scale statue from Legacy (I refuse to dignify that with the LSF moniker as it was "grandfathered" into the line and not originally described as a Legendary Scale Piece . . .) and frankly it pales in comparison to the Mark 7. The paint for the Mark 3 is a lot more dull and flat, the pose is more "stiff", and there is more detail in the Mark 7 in my opinion. I especially enjoyed the various armor attachments that go on magnetically as that adds a lot more detail to the statue which the original Mark 3 lacked.

When displayed with the lights on, the statue has HUGE presence and simply dominates any room you display it in. It is a showstopper in every sense of the word. You LITERALLY feel like you have the movie design maquette of the Avengers Iron Man in front of you. First reaction when you see this in person is jaw-dropping awe and that is from two separate dealers who buy and sell Sideshow for a living and complain incessantly about Sideshow normally.

The base is a bit dull, yes, but frankly no one spares a second glance at the base because all eyes are on the Ferrari you got on it.

Again, is it perfect? No. There are unique challenges to putting together a piece like this where again, the goal is to give us a Ferrari level car paint job. That was not achieved but still the paint is light years ahead of the Mark 3 lifesize bust, the Mark 3 1:2 scale, and the Mark 7 lifesize which I also own. Those pieces had the more flat paints, I look at this Iron Man and I absolutely see car paint finish.

So is it worth 2k? As others have mentioned before me, that is a subjective opinion but from where I stand, I can't think of many pieces that I've been happier spending 2k on. And I do own very high end and very expensive custom made props and collectibles so I have quite a diverse range of items in the multi-thousand dollar range to give me perspective on this piece.

For those who are on the fence because the only info they've got has been from pics on the forums or Youtube videos, I say that the piece in person is devastatingly good. Yes you can nitpick here and there but come on, if you pay 350,000 dollars for a LaFerrari and inspect with a magnifying glass from 6 inches away, you'll probably find a scuff here or there as well.. Remember you are not buying Obi Wan or Wolf or Darth Maul, you are buying a statue whose finish is a high end supercar. It is VERY UNFORGIVING, the SLIGHTEST blemish or scuff or scratch will show up. BUT the OVERALL appearance is magnificent, there is not a better licensed statue of this character at this scale available and it is from the LEGACY molds . . . something which you simply can't get anywhere else.

Mark 3 lifesize bust
Mark 7 lifesize bust
Mark 7 LSF

Can't believe you are not a Big IM fan , hahaha

Was fully prepared to return mine before unboxing after seeing some of the problems. I was particularly worried about the paint color.

I was impressed as hell when I opened it up but mine came with a small problem, crooked right rib plate. Asked for a replacement and waited. If SS didn't come through, I would return it.

There are still a few issues... I actually just found a few tiny (1 mm) paint blemishes on the hip just today while writing this post. It's probably not the only blemish on the statue, I didn't go over it with a magnifying glass and it's a BIG piece. The biggest issue is the burgundy. I watched the Avengers again and in some scenes, the armor seems to match to statue quite well, in other scenes (bright light) the armor in the movie looks a little more red.

I LOVE this statue. But i cant accept a smiling Iron man. like i said in another post i can deal with the base and the hand issues because no one will ever see them. But the smile made by the joker is not ok. I am considering buying another one, im in talks with the customer services head boss to personal inspect and send me pictures before shipping to me to save them money.

At the end of the day i want this statue and i love this statue but for $2000 i can not accept any thing other than perfection.

Just talked to sideshow and there going to allow me to exchange this statue for a statue out of the normal production line instead of the exchange/damaged replacement line.

Fingers crossed. :gah:

Just talked to sideshow and there going to allow me to exchange this statue for a statue out of the normal production line instead of the exchange/damaged replacement line.

Fingers crossed. :gah:

Hope you get a good one... make sure you call them daily to remind them to inspect before ship to you.

I need to know where you got that stand! Very nice and perfect to display this statue.
Congrats

I need to know where you got that stand! Very nice and perfect to display this statue.
Congrats

Thanks! I ordered it from Xylem Design Pedastal Source. I chose an ebonized walnut cylinder cut to my preferred size, and it matches my black/brown Besta's well. They have options for lighting and acrylic covers that were tempting but the price was getting high.

Back