Statue Iron Studios Thanos 1/4 Legacy Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok that makes more sense. I was somewhat sure they at least advertised it as 1/4. Probably SSC oversized him a bit to be more impressive like the first Batman PF. In any case, it was advertised as 1/4 and was priced at $1200. So then, this being an IS piece which usually gets $200 markup on 1/4 at least, I still think this will clock in at around $1400.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the Thanos on Throne Maquette was ever advertised as 1/4 scale. I think it was always marketed as a Maquette, at which point a lot of the collectors here wondered on his scale, as previously Maquettes didn't follow a set size like a PF does.

And the Bats may be overscaled, but he is no where near being classified as 1/3 scale, which the Thanos on Throne could very well be.

But in either case I really hope you're wrong on your estimated price on this MCU Thanos

Their 1/3 bats and WW are $1k so I'm hoping $1.4k would be a bit of a stretch. Can only wait and see. I'm sure I'll find the money under the couch or something.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the Thanos on Throne Maquette was ever advertised as 1/4 scale. I think it was always marketed as a Maquette, at which point a lot of the collectors here wondered on his scale, as previously Maquettes didn't follow a set size like a PF does.

And the Bats may be overscaled, but he is no where near being classified as 1/3 scale, which the Thanos on Throne could very well be.

But in either case I really hope you're wrong on your estimated price on this MCU Thanos

From SS Igo back in 2016 -

"He's definitely 1:4 scale... now based on your preference for his actual height / size, it depends if you think Thanos is supposed to be 6' tall, or closer to 7'-7'6"ish… If you think he's supposed to be closer to 6', this might get mistaken with a 1:3 scale label. If you think Thanos is closer to 7'6'"ish… BIG… then he's definitely 1:4 scale.

The teaser images in this thread give you a good idea of how involved the design is. It isnt classic "simple" by any means, but it was inspired by the classic look. As you can see in the teaser, he doesnt have a single gold strip going down his chest, but segmented armor plating… its similar thinking across the piece. Things are broken up, re-worked, etc.

To me, if you know the movie version, there is no mistaking this guy for the movie take, especially with the portrait. Fans who want a more "classic" take on the portrait style, they'll be happy… Fans who want the costume design follow the classic look to a "T", they wont be happy…

Im stoked for the full reveal. The 12 Days teaser was a color 3D render, the guy's in physical paint now, and he's looking phenomenal… You guys will see him wayyyy before SDCC. Not sure when exactly, but it's not too far off."

From SS Igo back in 2016 -

"He's definitely 1:4 scale... now based on your preference for his actual height / size, it depends if you think Thanos is supposed to be 6' tall, or closer to 7'-7'6"ish… If you think he's supposed to be closer to 6', this might get mistaken with a 1:3 scale label. If you think Thanos is closer to 7'6'"ish… BIG… then he's definitely 1:4 scale.

The teaser images in this thread give you a good idea of how involved the design is. It isnt classic "simple" by any means, but it was inspired by the classic look. As you can see in the teaser, he doesnt have a single gold strip going down his chest, but segmented armor plating… its similar thinking across the piece. Things are broken up, re-worked, etc.

To me, if you know the movie version, there is no mistaking this guy for the movie take, especially with the portrait. Fans who want a more "classic" take on the portrait style, they'll be happy… Fans who want the costume design follow the classic look to a "T", they wont be happy…

Im stoked for the full reveal. The 12 Days teaser was a color 3D render, the guy's in physical paint now, and he's looking phenomenal… You guys will see him wayyyy before SDCC. Not sure when exactly, but it's not too far off."

Thanks for the quote.

I think a few collectors did the measurements themselves when they got him in hand and even accounting for him being over 7 feet tall, it still supposedly made him 1/3 scale.

Thanks for the quote.

I think a few collectors did the measurements themselves when they got him in hand and even accounting for him being over 7 feet tall, it still supposedly made him 1/3 scale.

The XM Thanos is 1/4 scale. The MAQ dwarfs it. The MAQ is definitely closer to 1/3 scale.

If the price is right it will be a PO for me also.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looking at Iron Studios’ Instagram, they just said Thanos and Iron Spider-Man will go up for sale on SSC next week.

Looking at the comment thread of the post, someone asked them about a 1/4 Hulk. Iron Studios replied they are working on it and more details will be released soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From Iron Studio's Facebook:-

"Hey Marvel fans! Everybody was extremely excited about the two Legacy Replica 1/4 that we showed at SDCC a few days ago and the great news is, Thanos and Iron Spider Man from Avengers: Infinity War Movie will be available for Pre Order next week at Sideshow Collectibles website!! Stay tuned for more updates during the week!
And Yep! Spider Man eyes and Thanos gauntlet light up!!"

Does popcultcha do an early discount on iron studios pieces Phoenix?

Not normally unfortunately.

On a few 1/10 scales they did recently. But the next batch they uploaded after that didn't.

Their 1/6 AOU did receive a reduction, as well as on some but not all of the Civil War line, however that was prior to their PPPP preorder discount.

I'm currently crossing my fingers.

But most importantly I'm hoping that the additional heads come as standard as per usual rather than being marked as Exclusives.

I have to order this piece the movie was to good not to order it. Bonus if the extra discount is on.

Iron Studios’ keeps their ES’s low. Should be lower than 1000. Their Civil War set statues were 350.

Not quite. The Team Cap pieces were all 350 pieces, but for Team Stark it was 470 for Black Panther, 400 for War Machine and 300 for Stark.

And their Darth Vader was a 1000 pieces and that sold out fairly quickly.

I'm hoping that they make Thanos more in line with Vader's edition size.

I expected more chatter on this statue with it going up for order tomorrow (according to Instagram). Any updates? Does Sideshow do the blog gallery reveals for other companies stuff? Was this on Sideshow Live yet?

I expected more chatter on this statue with it going up for order tomorrow (according to Instagram). Any updates? Does Sideshow do the blog gallery reveals for other companies stuff? Was this on Sideshow Live yet?

MCU/DCEU threads are usually like a ghost town unless there's something specific to post.

But I'll certainly be preordering this locally if possible.

I just hope this doesn't turn out like their Darth Vader piece, where it wasn't available from Popcultcha (Australia).

MCU/DCEU threads are usually like a ghost town unless there's something specific to post.

But I'll certainly be preordering this locally if possible.

I just hope this doesn't turn out like their Darth Vader piece, where it wasn't available from Popcultcha (Australia).

That stinks. My IS Vader was chipped, and the replacement body didn’t work with one of the arms. They had no more replacements so it was either keep the chipped body or send it back. I sent it back. It was a great statue while I had it!

Good luck with Thanos in Australia!

I'm definitely interested in this, but I think we're all just cautiously waiting to see what that final price tag will be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back