Statue Iron Studios Thanos 1/4 Legacy Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not really clear on your argument. I’m not saying a company would need to sell a million statues because millions of people saw a movie. Just like I wouldn’t think a company would make a million copies of a comic book statue because its sold millions of issues over the years.

I’m saying superheroes are popular. Marvel is popular. And movies about Marvel superheroes are extremely popular. Perhaps movie statues’ popularity lies more in smaller scales—I don’t know. But clearly there’s a market for movie statues of bigger size on the DC side with Prime 1, and I’m surprised the same isn’t the case with Marvel films given the popularity of their characters and success of their films.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m not really clear on your argument. I’m not saying a company would need to sell a million statues because millions of people saw a movie. Just like I wouldn’t think a company would make a million copies of a comic book statue because its sold millions of issues over the years.

I’m saying superheroes are popular. Marvel is popular. And movies about Marvel superheroes are extremely popular. Perhaps movie statues’ popularity lies more in smaller scales—I don’t know. But clearly there’s a market for movie statues of bigger size on the DC side with Prime 1, and I’m surprised the same isn’t the case with Marvel films given the popularity of their characters and success of their films.

I really wish that were the case.

As a collector of primarily Marvel and DC movie related pieces, I've found that no matter what may be logical, it doesn't seem to apply to these movie pieces.

For example as well received as the Iron Studios 1/4 Civil War pieces were, and Prime 1 DCEU pieces, not many were really sought after. Yes the Ultimate WW set and Supes went to waitlist in under a day, but they like many 1/3 Prime 1 pieces only had an edition size of 350. No where near the edition sizes of a lot of comic book related items.

Whereas the MCU Iron Studio pieces more or less had the same edition size, and they took forever to sell out. Heck I think some are still available from my local store. Only a handful of us at most posted photos on the two forums and that was about it. Whereas the Prime 1 1/2 scales seemed to have a lot more posts on their individual threads, whereas the Iron Studio ones were barren a lot of the time.

Even after all this time, a lot of collectors still avoid Iron Studios pieces, and I wouldn't be surprised if many didn't even know that the 6 piece diorama set even existed. Though their Darth Vader did seem to do extremely well with an edition size three times that of those MCU pieces.

My point is just because movies are popular that doesnt mean that fan who is just a movie fan is going to buy a statue. A comic book fan is the person who is going to buy a statue and with infinity wars for example all those 2 billion worth of people are not all comic book fans they are mostly movie fans.

I think first and foremost, you have to be a collector and actually be willing to shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars on a statue. There’s people who only watch comic book movies and don’t read comic books and vice versa, but regardless either camp could buy a statue. If the movie viewer or comic reader doesn’t have a passion or willingness to be a collector, they won’t buy high end collectibles. My thoughts anyway.

Although I don't collect movie-based statues ....I'm still excited to see the full reveal for this thing.

As a collector of primarily Marvel and DC movie related pieces, I've found that no matter what may be logical, it doesn't seem to apply to these movie pieces.

For example as well received as the Iron Studios 1/4 Civil War pieces were, and Prime 1 DCEU pieces, not many were really sought after. Yes the Ultimate WW set and Supes went to waitlist in under a day, but they like many 1/3 Prime 1 pieces only had an edition size of 350. No where near the edition sizes of a lot of comic book related items.

Whereas the MCU Iron Studio pieces more or less had the same edition size, and they took forever to sell out. Heck I think some are still available from my local store. Only a handful of us at most posted photos on the two forums and that was about it. Whereas the Prime 1 1/2 scales seemed to have a lot more posts on their individual threads, whereas the Iron Studio ones were barren a lot of the time.

Even after all this time, a lot of collectors still avoid Iron Studios pieces, and I wouldn't be surprised if many didn't even know that the 6 piece diorama set even existed. Though their Darth Vader did seem to do extremely well with an edition size three times that of those MCU pieces.

At least in the U.S. at Sideshow tho - the CW pieces didn't take that long to be gone IMO, all things considered. Far as I can tell here it's a combination of things - Iron Studios being a relatively new company; compared to Sideshow, WETA, and even XM their PR isn't very good, there was the whole Spidey thing - I mean to me they seemed like a real "niche" company and to top it all off they are in Brazil so if there's an issue - it's not like Sideshow where they'd be easier to get to. It's stuff that can make a U.S. buyer uneasy (unlike, say, WETA who has been around a long time).

But at SSC as I recall BP and WM went pretty fast; by the time I got off the fence about Falcon he was gone at SSC (eventually ended up at Popcultcha)...then of course the long wait; and all that time Iron Studios was pretty quiet:( at least outside Brazil. (It's like those interested were waiting for the first in-hand reviews.)

Also re being a diorama and the flowing naturalistic poses - apparently some collectors didn't like that; or with Falcon he's just taking too much space. (LOL, what I love about IS is as far as I can tell, they go big or go home; and design they way they want:lol.)

IMO Iron Studios could do more if they wanted to make more outside-Brazil sales. But that's an "American" perspective where the thing is create a product and expand. I hafta guess but IS already has 3 Brazil concept stores. Maybe as a company they are happy enough with slow growth and not worrying about the "foreign" market 'coz they do well enough in South America.:dunno Heck, the first "real" images I saw of the dio were digging through YT vids to look up CCXP footage. It didn't cross IS' mind, apparently, to even put some pics up:slap. It took a Brazilian collector and a comic book store (FanToys) to do that.

Finally - these weren't cheap pieces. So IMO you had to be sure. And 1/4 scale. Well, anyway, just some thoughts. I'd love to talk to the Iron Studios people in person. I do get the impression they care about what they are doing. And for the collector - at least for me whatever misfires there might have been - like supposedly a wing problem with Falcon (I dunno, I thought the packing was fine) - Iron Studios has made its ground up and then some.

Maybe IS will always be "niche" pieces at least for the 1/4 or 1/3 scale:dunno. Movie specific; naturalistic poses, bold designs. But d*mn they are gorgeous and IMO worth every penny. If IS can keep the quality up - hope so!

This piece will be like TOT if its a good EX it will sell out fast.

Has Iron Studios ever had an Exclusive not sold directly from their 3 stores in Brazil?

And imo this will never reach the heights of the Thanos on Throne. With that said I'll probably buy this if I like it, but Marvel MCU pieces have never really grabbed people's attentions like some other pieces produced. But what do I know, there's always a chance.

Has Iron Studios ever had an Exclusive not sold directly from their 3 stores in Brazil?

And imo this will never reach the heights of the Thanos on Throne. With that said I'll probably buy this if I like it, but Marvel MCU pieces have never really grabbed people's attentions like some other pieces produced. But what do I know, there's always a chance.

Actually not to my knowledge. Regardless this piece will fly out the door.

I think you might be right about the company being Iron Studios, and perhaps that has something to do with it. And perhaps it’s more tied to character, as well. For example, Sideshow is about to release their 1/4 Iron Man, which is of course a movie based statue.

But I also feel age and time plays a part, too. With the Iron Studios Civil War pieces, the two statues of that entire diorama they made really only featured two super popular characters who had their own films in Cap And Iron Man. And these weren’t exactly standalone pieces either, like many statues are. The bases actually connected together, more or less, right?

Since that release, I’d argue the profiles of Panther, Thor, Spider-Man, etc have risen quite significantly. I’m just surprised that there apparently isn’t a bigger demand for some of these characters in the statue realm in a post Infinity War climate.

Oh well, I guess.

686cba576e4f1337160616f5280d28d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope to see some Base pictures.... And I think He will be a big guy 🤣

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Back