Statue Iron Studios Thanos 1/4 Legacy Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I'll certainly be preordering this locally if possible.

I just hope this doesn't turn out like their Darth Vader piece, where it wasn't available from Popcultcha (Australia).

I had to call Popcultcha today and I asked about Thanos & Spidey. I got a 'yes' on Thanos and a 'don't know yet' on Spidey.

Considering what people were paying for shipping on the latest IM from SS that may have been the tipping point for me.

I had to call Popcultcha today and I asked about Thanos & Spidey. I got a 'yes' on Thanos and a 'don't know yet' on Spidey.

Considering what people were paying for shipping on the latest IM from SS that may have been the tipping point for me.

Thanks for that nugget of information. I was a bit concerned regarding Popcultcha selling Thanos or not. And honestly I'm not as concerned regarding Spidey. If they get Spidey I'll order from Popcultcha, but if they don't I'm not going to worry either.

Do you mind me asking who told you from Popcultcha, that they were definitely getting Thanos?

Benji

I'm really wanting to get both. For now I'm just bracing for the price, it would be much cheaper to buy local though.

Benji

I'm really wanting to get both. For now I'm just bracing for the price, it would be much cheaper to buy local though.

Depending on discounts, it'll cost me around 30-35% more to get it from Sideshow direct.

Note that I usually get a standard 10% off on most of my orders with Popcultcha.

How do you get a 10% from popcultcha?

When you buy from popcultcha you get pennies. 1:2 ratio so if you buy a $1k statue you get 2k pennies. Spending 2k pennies gives you 10% discount on the entire oder so if you order say 5 statues you get 10% off all of them.

When you buy from popcultcha you get pennies. 1:2 ratio so if you buy a $1k statue you get 2k pennies. Spending 2k pennies gives you 10% discount on the entire oder so if you order say 5 statues you get 10% off all of them.

ok, i have 2030 peenies. but I see the prices on PC is higher than SS (dont forget to include 5% back)

ok, i have 2030 peenies. but I see the prices on PC is higher than SS (dont forget to include 5% back)

You should only buy from Popcultcha if you're located in Australia.

If you are, it's almost always cheaper, especially if you get the early preorder discount (usually on Sideshow, Hot Toys and a few others) plus stacked with any 10% member discount.

For example I was able to get the regular Iron Man Mark 3 Maquette for $810 AUD shipped. However if I ordered from Sideshow it would've cost me $1,300 AUD shipped plus taxes etc.

So if I had wanted to order direct from Sideshow it would've cost me an additional 60%! (Though more often than not the savings is anywhere from 25 to 55% depending on manufacturer). So the 5% Sideshow rewards is meaningless in comparison.

You should only buy from Popcultcha if you're located in Australia.

If you are, it's almost always cheaper, especially if you get the early preorder discount (usually on Sideshow, Hot Toys and a few others) plus stacked with any 10% member discount.

For example I was able to get the regular Iron Man Mark 3 Maquette for $810 AUD shipped. However if I ordered from Sideshow it would've cost me $1,300 AUD shipped plus taxes etc.

So if I had wanted to order direct from Sideshow it would've cost me an additional 60%! (Though more often than not the savings is anywhere from 25 to 55% depending on manufacturer). So the 5% Sideshow rewards is meaningless in comparison.

oh you meant only for people from Australia....
Got you.

They said mid-day GMT. So it should be really soon.

Anyone want to make predictions on price?

Isn’t this 1/4 scale? That would make it more than their 1/3 scale offerings. $699 to $749? I’ll go $799 tops!

I'm hoping $999, but I honestly think $1,200. Based on size and weight, it has to cost more than Iron Man and Falcon, which were both $800.

At Sideshow it is going up for preorder at Noon PST as per the Sideshow chat.

I'm hoping $999, but I honestly think $1,200. Based on size and weight, it has to cost more than Iron Man and Falcon, which were both $800.

Man, I hadn’t realized that. Darth Vader at $650 is sounding like the bargain of the century!

Man, I hadn’t realized that. Darth Vader at $650 is sounding like the bargain of the century!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back