Statue Iron Studios Kylo Ren 1/4 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep seeing this thread bumped. I click in it to see what new information we have on this statue.

We need a separate Full Costume thread.

Yep the thread was Hijacked by Brent72 :thwak

Normally I don't care but I have Zero interest in dressed up mannequin's.....

Yep the thread was Hijacked by Brent72 :thwak

Normally I don't care but I have Zero interest in dressed up mannequin's.....

Hijacked, huh? All I did was show what you could get for a few hundred dollars more than this little 1/4 statue that is 1000x more impressive as a display piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the "for a few hundred dollars more" argument is kind of a given at every level. For a few hundred dollars more than a 3.75" figure you could get a Hot Toys sixth scale that was better. For a few hundred dollars more than that you could get a Sideshow PF that was better than that. For a few hundred dollars more than a PF... and so on. I'd also guess that the majority of people who are buying 1/4 scale pieces wouldn't suddenly start collecting rooms full of life-sized characters, even if the cost was exactly the same (which it isn't, of course.)

I think comparing this to the other 1/4 scale options makes a lot more sense, which are the Sideshow and (possibly not revealed yet, I don't remember) the Hot Toys 1/4 figure. Of those I don't think the IS fares very well at this point.

Hijacked, huh? All I did was show what you could get for a few hundred dollars more than this little 1/4 statue that is 1000x more impressive as a display piece. If you don't like it I honestly couldn't give less of a **** so please take comfort in knowing your opinion means less than ZERO to me.
I don't think you hijacked the thread at all.

I enjoy looking at others' collections and also listening to advice about other options.

Some of the pieces in my collection were obtained from other members here steering me clear from much inferior versions. I wouldn't have known otherwise.

I'd say he improved the thread with those pictures, it was hardly off topic, it's helpful to have alternative options. Especially when the subject of the thread is somewhat questionable.

Hijacked, huh? All I did was show what you could get for a few hundred dollars more than this little 1/4 statue that is 1000x more impressive as a display piece. If you don't like it I honestly couldn't give less of a **** so please take comfort in knowing your opinion means less than ZERO to me.

Well I was semi joking in my post...

Last edited by a moderator:
If life-sized stuff is fair game in this thread topic, one might also say that for a few hundred dollars more than getting a repainted Hasbro helmet, you could get an Anovos that was more accurate to begin with.

Would rather get back to talking about how underwhelming this Iron Studios piece is, though.. :lol

If life-sized stuff is fair game in this thread topic, one might also say that for a few hundred dollars more than getting a repainted Hasbro helmet, you could get an Anovos that was more accurate to begin with.

Would rather get back to talking about how underwhelming this Iron Studios piece is, though.. :lol

I preferred not to wait for ANOVOS vaporware that may or may not ever be delivered when I could get a helmet that's 95-97% as accurate for less than half the price. Also, I still have the option of buying the ANOVOS if it ever materializes...not like it's a lot of effort to take one helmet off the statue and replace it with a new one.

Also, my whole reason for posting what I was able to build for only a few hundred dollars more than this 1/4 scale statue is because I feel the Iron Studios piece is severely overpriced for such an underwhelming statue and my 1:1 build is a helluva lot more impressive as a display piece.

I preferred not to wait for ANOVOS vaporware that may or may not ever be delivered when I could get a helmet that's 95-97% as accurate for less than half the price. Also, I still have the option of buying the ANOVOS if it ever materializes...not like it's a lot of effort to take one helmet off the statue and replace it with a new one.

Also, my whole reason for posting what I was able to build for only a few hundred dollars more than this 1/4 scale statue is because I feel the Iron Studios piece is severely overpriced for such an underwhelming statue and my 1:1 build is a helluva lot more impressive as a display piece.

Hoping IS hears our feedback and change that pose. Either way most likely not getting him since to get this piece to my country will be too expensive. I'm here for the pics and discussion on anything Kylo

On the topic of the Anovos, I heard it's now starting to ship and they kept their promise of a Q4 release date. I have PO it and also awaiting for Richard's excellent BS mod. Let's see how well these two compare

On the topic of the Anovos, I heard it's now starting to ship and they kept their promise of a Q4 release date. I have PO it and also awaiting for Richard's excellent BS mod. Let's see how well these two compare
That's good news. What is this Richard's mod you're referring too?

That's good news. What is this Richard's mod you're referring too?

He's a guy who makes mods on the stock BS helmet to look as accurate as possible, is in our own Kylo Ren costume group on FB
Here's some pics for comparison 14572952_677358442428261_7777739080496411573_n.jpg14600898_677358415761597_1386754212239373653_n.jpg14900512_677358429094929_1614855960699960578_n.jpg

Here's a picture of my helmet mod from Richard right after he finished it....his pics are way better than the ones I take. :)

DSCF9619.jpg

Very cool!
By the way, someone mentioned that Anovos is shipping theirs or getting ready to ship, but I haven't heard of anyone getting them in.

saw a video. he looks much better in it - no neck issue (or lack thereof) and the "quality" of the piece seems on point, except for the lousy saber.

Back