Iron Studios 89 Batmobile statue 1/10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price is absolutely shocking. I think you can still get the HT on eBay around the same price.

Believe it or not this piece will sell out though. The love for 89 Bats with the car is high. I?m still tempted to get it, maybe throw some rp at it to soften the blow. This is a fine piece for 89 Bats collectors. It looked great in person at SDCC.
1ae010964543ebd7d0dc86b1010060af.jpg

About the only thing that looks right on this piece is the body's paint finish. The Hot Toys shape isn't perfect but it's better than this. The 1/10 scale RichMan's Toys version from 1990 (which is basically a single solid piece of vacuum-formed plastic) is more accurate than this. I think they swung a bit too hard in the "lets emphasize those curves" direction. If you look any detail of this car and compare it to photos of the real one, it's off. The fins are too curvy. That air scoop above the canopy is too rounded out at the top where it should be much flatter. Even the wheel threads are too thick and the hubcaps details are all wrong. It definitely captures the general "feel" of the car, as long as you just glance at it and don't pay any real attention to it. Now, if they're purposely going for an exaggerated stylized version of the 89 Batmobile, it's fine. Kind of like the stylized TDK Batman and Batpod that Bandai released a decade ago. But this feels to me like they were trying for realism / accuracy....and missed by a lot.

Passing on this. Still waiting for a definitive 1/10 - 1/12ish scale 89 Batmobile. But that paint job -- magnificent!

About the only thing that looks right on this piece is the body's paint finish. The Hot Toys shape isn't perfect but it's better than this. The 1/10 scale RichMan's Toys version from 1990 (which is basically a single solid piece of vacuum-formed plastic) is more accurate than this. I think they swung a bit too hard in the "lets emphasize those curves" direction. If you look any detail of this car and compare it to photos of the real one, it's off. The fins are too curvy. That air scoop above the canopy is too rounded out at the top where it should be much flatter. Even the wheel threads are too thick and the hubcaps details are all wrong. It definitely captures the general "feel" of the car, as long as you just glance at it and don't pay any real attention to it. Now, if they're purposely going for an exaggerated stylized version of the 89 Batmobile, it's fine. Kind of like the stylized TDK Batman and Batpod that Bandai released a decade ago. But this feels to me like they were trying for realism / accuracy....and missed by a lot.

Passing on this. Still waiting for a definitive 1/10 - 1/12ish scale 89 Batmobile. But that paint job -- magnificent!

The paint finish is a big part of what makes the piece so it works for me

Dark Magic is absolutely right.
This is a great interpretation of the 89 Batmobile but not a replica. Everyone recognize what it is, it’s all the mood of the movie but if you look more closely everything is wrong in terms of proportion and accuracy. But the base and the paint are awesome.
Once again we’re not saying the HT is perfect. It has it’s own flaws but IMO it’s much closer than the real car.
It’s different, the HT is a plastic replica, the Iron Studio is a great polystone over stylized interpretation...

Dark Magic is absolutely right.
This is a great interpretation of the 89 Batmobile but not a replica. Everyone recognize what it is, it’s all the mood of the movie but if you look more closely everything is wrong in terms of proportion and accuracy. But the base and the paint are awesome.
Once again we’re not saying the HT is perfect. It has it’s own flaws but IMO it’s much closer than the real car.
It’s different, the HT is a plastic replica, the Iron Studio is a great polystone over stylized interpretation...

Probably keep my HT version until I get a deal on a CM or something better comes along. Paint alone shouldn't excuse all the inaccuracies.

Keep your HT. Honestly the CM is great and a magnificent piece but even at 2 000$ it is not perfect. The general paint job is way too glossy, the front light are off as the shape of the canopy.
And the almost perfect DX09 along the HT Batmobile is still one of the most awesome Batman display / memorabilia. Hard to beat this fantastic duo.
But it’s my personal opinion.
:wink1:

Well I just preordered this locally. The Deluxe of course. Now we’ll see if I keep it or not.

Didn’t really care for the figure, but I wanted the base. Even though I know from experience that Iron Studios are simply the worse when it comes to the sculpting and painting of their bases.

Well I just preordered this locally. The Deluxe of course. Now we’ll see if I keep it or not.

Didn’t really care for the figure, but I wanted the base. Even though I know from experience that Iron Studios are simply the worse when it comes to the sculpting and painting of their bases.

I wouldn't mind the base but don't really need the figure. Maybe that means I should just go for the reg. I could possibly make my own custom base

Thank You My Good Sir?s. Will bounce back soon but priorities w/ health and family always comes first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is overpriced as hell. Should be 650-700 tops. Its so funny some members saying if Hot Toys Batmobile released today it would be 1k. Sorry but Hot Toys prices have not increased %60 since 2013-2014.

For figures yes but if i remember corectly, the last big vehicule produced by HT was the Delorean back in 2014. And since the market and buyers behaviours have changed a lot.

For figures yes but if i remember corectly, the last big vehicule produced by HT was the Delorean back in 2014. And since the market and buyers behaviours have changed a lot.

I think The Bat came out after the delorean, and that thing didn't sell well.

Man I remember paying ?300 for my hot toys tumbler direct from forbidden planet & I thought it was a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too when I bought the 89 Batmobile. I paid approx 600$ and it was an insane price for me back in 2013.
When I think that the 1/6 Ecto-1, still in plastic, is sold the triple or quadruple of this rice.
Ok it’s bigger and has more details but not 3 or 4 times more...

Does anyone know the following two things about this piece:

1) Is the 1/10 Keaton Batman easily removable, or does his feet fit into a peg and when you remove him, you see a hole in the base?

2) Does any portion of the Batmobile itself light up?

Back