Iron Studios 89 Batmobile statue 1/10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine looks more than fine.
How does yours look off?
If you have one [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one and he's correct, the proportions are wrong, it's way too short front to back, and specifically, from the windshield to the front end.
Here it is compared to the HW Elite version, which is much closer to the true proportions. The HT version is kinda stubby in comparison.

IMG_20190610_222801.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not hating on the hot toys, it's a great piece. It's just fatter and boxier for the reasons already stated. Thanks for the pic karnis!

The only thing I dislike about the otherwise awesome HT Batmobile, besides the inaccurately colored hubcaps, is the front of the window frame being too thick, including the vertical column. What is infuriating about it, is that the cockpit looked perfect on the prototype that they used for promotional images, as well as the packaging.

The base is really great! This Iron Studio diorama could be a cool option for those who missed the HT one. Darker rims would have been nicer IMO.

Concerning the HT, it is not so bulky. It is not 100% accurate because on a 1/6 scale, it is much easier to see something wrong than on a 1/18. But the Batmobile is a really difficult object to take in photo due to distortion and light. It is always the problem between screen and movie accurate. What we saw on screen was a very long, sleek and curvy car because it was always shot at nighttime and quite always from the ground and with distortion, it gave this feeling of length and curve . But if you see pics from the set the car doesn’t appear so long and curvy. The IS is much more curvy from side than the original car.

Not so far from the HT one no?

If you take the pics from profile above the car yes it can appear bulky

but if you find the good angle, it can be as sleek as what we saw on screen

As I said it is a really difficult object to take in picture.

Concerning the Iron Studio the canopy is wrong but the HT is not perfect too. As said previously, they should have left the windows on the prototype, it would have been near to perfection

Good angle

The base is really great! This Iron Studio diorama could be a cool option for those who missed the HT one. Darker rims would have been nicer IMO.

Concerning the HT, it is not so bulky. It is not 100% accurate because on a 1/6 scale, it is much easier to see something wrong than on a 1/18. But the Batmobile is a really difficult object to take in photo due to distortion and light. It is always the problem between screen and movie accurate. What we saw on screen was a very long, sleek and curvy car because it was always shot at nighttime and quite always from the ground and with distortion, it gave this feeling of length and curve . But if you see pics from the set the car doesn’t appear so long and curvy. The IS is much more curvy from side than the original car.

Not so far from the HT one no?

If you take the pics from profile above the car yes it can appear bulky

but if you find the good angle, it can be as sleek as what we saw on screen

As I said it is a really difficult object to take in picture.

Concerning the Iron Studio the canopy is wrong but the HT is not perfect too. As said previously, they should have left the windows on the prototype, it would have been near to perfection

Good angle

Well said [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the verdict so far on this piece?

As I said I think it is a good option for those who missed the HT Batmobile. Depends of the price. Someone know the price of this IS diorama?
But IMO it is a museum piece, with less option and it has more a statue feeling than what could be a real car miniaturized.
Difficult to beat the «*alive*» effect of DX09 and the presence of the HT Batmobile.
But looks great with this incredible base!

Makes this a statue with the base not a figure. The HT one is awesome but I am just a statue dude.
Now IS wrote they would make this a while ago when asked, so I asked them abut a Batwing

Fairly easy to make a base for the HT even though it really isn't necessary, it's not a "figure" because it does not include a base :lol I have statues mostly also and it fits right in, but I might look into this too.

This was my favourite collectible at the CCXP2019 in Cologne.
If it sells well there will also be a Batwing, price is not fixed but is estimated around 900 Euro.
It also looks great inside and it is extremely heavy (I was allowed to lift it).

Chris

Bx4TPSw.jpg

awkvQjC.jpg

etyrxCM.jpg

XXpy7P7.jpg

IhcpizR.jpg

JkA5quL.jpg

VXnLD6c.jpg

ZNykpRi.jpg

4ulpwlp.jpg

ltLTlQB.jpg

IaIgqlh.jpg

CzM0MoM.jpg

Yf30gsE.jpg

T9xE79v.jpg

rhTlp40.jpg

AqZTRp6.jpg

VM2Fm43.jpg

m2bYedr.jpg

So is the hood motorised? Or do you need to manually slide it?
It looks like it has light up features. If its going to be 900 Euro, thats close to 2K in Oz. Big dollars for 1/10 scale.
But I do love it!

So is the hood motorised? Or do you need to manually slide it?
It looks like it has light up features. If its going to be 900 Euro, thats close to 2K in Oz. Big dollars for 1/10 scale.
But I do love it!

Seriously doubt it’ll be motorised. That kind of thing would just be another point of failure for a piece like this.

The cockpit doesn't look like it would have light up parts except maybe the display to the right but I think that's just the way it looks

The cockpit doesn't look like it would have light up parts except maybe the display to the right but I think that's just the way it looks

It wouldn't be hard to back light thise little plastic buttons all at once fairly cheap, but no way to know by looking at any of it. I did just notice the M1919 barrels look really bad, they have a droop to them like they were shot too long at one time.

Back