Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spoke with Iron Studios manager again! They said they are aware of all problems and are unleashing hell on the factory and the QC head guy. The most important thing, it does not matter where you bought your piece! Just contact them via e-mail: [email protected] or trough Facebook and They will take care of you! They will send you whatever defective/broken part you need.

Not sure why this piece is being bashed all of a sudden lol. It looks really great to me. people that own it are flawed by it even though they have stated their minor flaws. I guess some folks want zero flaws. Hell as a collector you got to think about how the statue is made per cost, were it is coming from etc! I guarantee you if this was made by Sideshow it would have cost less. But it's made by Iron Studios in Brazil. I believe it cost them more to produce it. I asked the question ages ago. Is the base stable that was my only concern. And after seeing a few unboxing videos of this it appears very stable. Yes they could improve a few arrears but at the same time it is a complex piece! And don't want to over complicate it further. I was really surprised hardly anyone received broken ones. It's mostly other issues like dirt on the paint or pegs not slotting in correctly these are flaws that can be sorted out. The seems look terrible in some photos but again I've seen worse.

If it's broken send it back simple as that! If something makes you feel good then you should keep it.

I just spoke with Iron Studios manager again! They said they are aware of all problems and are unleashing hell on the factory and the QC head guy. The most important thing, it does not matter where you bought your piece! Just contact them via e-mail: [email protected] or trough Facebook and They will take care of you! They will send you whatever defective/broken part you need.

And Ricardofeitoza has stated more than once Iron Sudios has you covered. It's not like they are impossible to deal with. Thanks to this guy at least we know we're and how it can be rectified.

only had it for a single day, but man does this thing demand a lot of attention. Everyone who has seen it has been really crazy about it...and none of them know anything about statues or care about the hobby.

So glad I own this piece.
Sorry for the poor quality pics, I used my cell.

20160904_191144.jpg
20160904_191358.jpg

Yeah like you said these are collectable pieces so the better the condition and less flaws the better right?!...quality starts within...this is my second statue i dont expected to be flawless but at least with less amount , i think they want to be know for a company that makes piece of art with great quality instead of eehh has ok quality , prices are high but still going to keep it type of company....i dont like the fact mine came the lightbulb chipped...i work in a wholesale optical lab as a quality inspector so our product is meant to go spotless to build quality and happy customers. ..but then again thats my 0.02 cents

Yeah like you said these are collectable pieces so the better the condition and less flaws the better right?!...quality starts within...this is my second statue i dont expected to be flawless but at least with less amount , i think they want to be know for a company that makes piece of art with great quality instead of eehh has ok quality , prices are high but still going to keep it type of company....i dont like the fact mine came the lightbulb chipped...i work in a wholesale optical lab as a quality inspector so our product is meant to go spotless to build quality and happy customers. ..but then again thats my 0.02 cents

Yeah that's right! I read and saw the damage to your light up feature! That piece comes off so it can be returned. But I would agree things like this should never have gone out in the first place as I believe that must of happened in the factory and not by transit

LOL Wow. The flash camera takers with magnifying glass in tow. The folks who don't own it but have their pitch forks out reacting to said flash takers. The economists of price points despite the fact this isn't a US made statue. The majority owners who see the flaws but respect the overall product. The Investors of other companies in here to protect their investment. The realists who are a bit worried they will mess up assembly and honest. The few buy this or regret your consequences this price will skyrocket venture capitalists. This thread has it all now. Hell even Grumpy Bear made a legendary appearance! To have the Emperor of XM Nation come in and grace us with his presence... what an honor!

Now this place feels like home. It's an official SSF thread.

:):impatient::thud::wink1::clap:hi5::yess::(:rotfl:mad::lecture:goodpost::slap:lol:pray::gah::monkey4:horror:dunno:exactly::pfft::monkey3:panic::wave:cuckoo::monkey2:peace:monkey1:nana::1-1::love:duff:FREAK::nono:whip:confused::faq:sleep:dance:welcome1::blissy:inlove:rock:monkey5:rolleyes2:idea:thwak:pigfly::ohbfrank::stick:medic:tap:offtopic::chillpill::ignore::drink:huh:rolleyes::computer:horse:family:D:eek:Flush:bunnydanc:eek::cool::google:sick:naughty:wacky:joy:angelsmil:banana:banghead:duh:p:mwaha:maul:gun:dumbo::explode::postpics::archer:pow:fireworks:flag:frank:grouphug:007:elefant:fart:lightnin:lightsabe:elf:lsvader:frodo:galadriel:lurking:gandalf:blah:gandalf_w:gimli:gollum::drool:legolas:ring:borg:nazgul:bouncin:ogat:orc:bow:stake:orthanc:saruman:uruk-hai:censored:ent:arwen:aragorn:eowyn:balrog:crying:cut:date:mexwave:mummy:survivor:taz:toilet_cl:vader:viking:welcome:winkpumpk:winner:woo:stooge:stormtroo:violin:newangel:sancho:yuck:r2d2line:read:santa:snake:happybday:acme:arr:Wizard:blissysmi:ghost:doh:devil:moon:ted:ccheerlea:rip:cuss:dump:chug:bat;):bounce:chase:rock2:angrycanu:eek:

And now on Facebook the rabble rousers are perpetuating the idea that Iron Studios should be aware of issues and make reparations for said issues without the customers actually making complaints to them! Apparently, they should have issue omniscience. God, I hate people.

How much weight can the top of that detolf support?

Beats me, I don't think there is any definite measurements for it. However I think it can support more weight than the three shelves put together as the top is balancing on the smallest surface area of three beams of glass. You'd have to be really going out of your way to put enough weight on the thing to make the three outer glasses bend enough to break.

I'm saving the top of the other for the P1 frank Miller Bats when it gets here...assuming I haven't had custom wallmounted shelves made to house the bigger statues by then.

only had it for a single day, but man does this thing demand a lot of attention. Everyone who has seen it has been really crazy about it...and none of them know anything about statues or care about the hobby.

So glad I own this piece.
Sorry for the poor quality pics, I used my cell.

View attachment 290089
View attachment 290099

Wow looks really huge on top of that shelf! Loved your unboxing video well put together! Keep up the great work

Uhm.

Premise 1: I'm looking forward the Mark 46 Iron Man by Iron Studio, so I'm keeping an eye open on their releases.
Premise 2: their Mark 43 Iron Man has had a ton of QC issues and imho it's nowhere worth near 1000$ (there's some backstory to this tho).

Consideration 1: QC issues are a bit of a letdown, mostly because I'm seeing local retailers struggle to get their MK43 replaced and people shouldn't struggle to get a replacement on something they paid nearly 1000$.
Consideration 2: overall it looks good to me, main issue seems to be the seam lines, which is weird if the body is a single piece. I can see people being fine with it as I can see people being bothered by it. Bottom line, I think that who's bothered by it has the right to send it back but at the same time who's fine with it shouldn't be considered an idiot - I've seen people settle for much worse issues a lot of times in this hobby.
Conclusion: will probably wait for the Mark 46 to come out and see how it is, probably pick it up (if I pick it up) second hand from someone who already inspected it. Sounds like the safest route.

Random extra consideration 1: the IS vs SS argument is moot. The SS Spidey PF has had wide QC issues, actually similar ones to this - rubbed off paint and color stains, non fitting parts of the figure, non matching lines, and so on. People seem to be willing to accept them because of lower price point but doesn't change the fact that they are present and the Spidey PF thread is not "blood and fire", quite the opposite, everyone seems mostly pleased with it. I could add some more to the bunch, like the same issues with Brown Wolvie PF (people trying to keep it hush hush) or with Kier and her whole forearm falling off, yet their threads are full of praise. Even the thread of that piece of junk that's the Winter Soldier doesn't have much negativity into it. Let's just give Sideshow credit where it's due and avoid the "Sideshow's just a poor boy" talks.
And to be fair, if people are willing to turn a blind eye on their 500$ Spidey PF, they should do the same on this 750$ huge diorama too. Yes I get it, it's more expensive, but it's not like 500$ is peanuts anyway. Either the flaws are an issue on both statues, or they are no issue on any of the two.
To say "yes I can accept paint rubs, bad seams and non fitting pegs on my 500$ statue but they bother me too much on the $750 diorama that's twice the size ofthe PF" sounds a tad like double standards.

Hell even Grumpy Bear made a legendary appearance! To have the Emperor of XM Nation come in and grace us with his presence... what an honor!

I feel more like Luke Jedi Knight. :wave

To be serious. For me it takes 3 destroyed SSC Avenger Hulk MQ to keep the 4th and still my most loved Hulk Statue. :yess:

well thats good to hear

Just got the IS Spiderman today and it's really awesome. So fricken hard putting it together, especially trying to slot Spidy on. Not so happy with the following issues:

1. Only one of the "ORP" sign central plugs will fit in. I can either chose top or middle plug. Photo shows the top plug just hanging freely.

Spiderman 02.jpg

2. The top two plugs on the stairs doesn't connect straight in, so the stair is very loose. Is it meant to be firmly connected?

Spiderman 01.jpg

3. Top plug on the rail doesn't go all the way in.

Spiderman 03.jpg

4. Is this considered bad seam? I probably wouldn't have noticed until a few peoples have mentioned it.

Spiderman 04.jpg

5. Tentacles - same as point 4. Is this normal?

Spiderman 05.jpg

Never done a Sideshow return / refund before, but what would Sideshow normally do in this case? Dreading the thought of having to send this back from Australia!

^^^^ to be honest with you, #2-5 don't look bad at all. They aren't really noticeable and I had to really look hard to see what you where calling out.

Issues #1 however looks like it could be serious, especially if the ORP sign isn't stable with just one plug. How stable is the sign with just one plug holding it in place?

The sign is pretty stable, just crap having that plug out freely. Point #2 may not look bad, but are the stairs meant to be firmly connected? At the moment it's really loose. If I pick up the statue it'll probably fall off. Yeah not too fussed about the tentacle, just saw someone post about their's so wasn't sure if it was the norm.

If you look at some of my previous posts I pretty much have the same for 2 (the pin and the adjacent plug goes in, but the square plug with a magnet right below doesn't go in on mine), 4 and 5 (both connections aren't as flush as I would like, but will probably hold).

Back