Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on if SSC, XM or P1 showed a picture like that there will be no excuse.

attachment.php

I more or less have the same issue as in the above pic. Haven't decided if I'm going to do a quick and lazy fix with coloured putty etc (since it's just a primary colour), or just ignore it.

I didn't even notice it at first, until the original poster of that pic mentioned his.

You guys need to relax. Some of these macro pics exaggerate the seam gaps. IMO if you can't notice it without staring right at it from an inch away, then simply calm down and enjoy the statue.

Oh if this was SSC guys would be going bat**** crazy. I don't think I have heard of 5 of these that didn't come out with some type of issues and I have seen a lot of them. Guys are accepting the issues because this is a beautiful piece to be sure, but if this was a flat out SSC piece many wouldn't be nearly as forgiving. The words " I am sending this **** back", and "what the **** kind of QC is this" would be all over this thread. Forget the paint issues but the ill fitting base parts that are plaguing this thing are just ridiculous. Not to mention the bait and switch with the rubbery bendy fingers and the PVC parts, and I do think SSC shares some blame there for advertising this as Polystone.

Come on, Spidey. This is disengenuous at the very least. I don't think I've ever seen a company command such blind loyalty as Sideshow.

And people need to stop with the finger complaint. It's stupid. Something that heightens the quality and durability of a piece is never a bad thing.

It's the same ol' **** every time a piece is released. Not just with Sideshow, but now with IS. People are in love with the way it's 'supposed to look' so much that when it finally arrives with tons of problems, they automatically lower their standards and have to try to convince themselves while justifying to everyone else that, "There's nothing wrong with it. It's not that bad from 10ft away. If I face it this way, I'll never see it." I agree, if this were XM or Prime 1, collectors would be out for blood. It's good to know there's at least some collectors still out there with common sense who don't put up with shoddy workmanship. $800 bucks and you get a giant half resin, half PVC puzzle that doesn't even piece together properly.

And then people who haven't even seen the statue make blanket statements about shoddy work and lowered expectations created by a mental desire to satisfy themselves. It works both ways. I am a very objective person, and I don't really see much about this statue, which I can go to the other room and look at, that bothers me beyond the term nitpick. It seems like the most important aspect of this "community" is to marginalize other people's opinions by assigning fallacious motivations. It's tiresome.

I've had to touch up XM statues I've received, and I have had to accept or have replaced Sideshow statues. I don't own any Prime 1 statues, so I can't speak for them. There are always issues with runs of statues, and it's about what is acceptable. My general rule is would someone with no prior knowledge notice a problem unless pointed out. This isn't an excuse for shoddy work, it's just a reality for any mass-produced product.

^^^ have to agree with lucifixion on this. I've returned many statues due to truly unacceptable shoddy work but a some point you have to draw the line in terms of what "you can live with". Every statue I own has some level of defect... heck I exchanged 5 Superman vs Darkseid dioramas, not to mention passed on 4 SS Spiderman PFs, before finally finding one of each that I could live with LOL!!

back to this piece... there are some pics here that are truly unacceptable defects (like the mud/dirt on the paint), and others that personally wouldn't bother me. The buyer has to make the final decision on their own. GL to all getting this!

There are always issues with runs of statues, and it's about what is acceptable. My general rule is would someone with no prior knowledge notice a problem unless pointed out. This isn't an excuse for shoddy work, it's just a reality for any mass-produced product.

This exactly, I was one of the first ones to get this statue and take pictures for everyone to enjoy because once I put it all together I totally dug the statue. The people then bashing it and pointing out defects that didn't really bother me, and still don't bother me now don't even have the statue, or haven't even bought the statue to be making quick assumptions that they would not be accepting some of the defects. I find it better sometimes to see a statue in person with all its flaws and judge it based on how it makes you feel as a collector and just disregard all the negativity that goes on. A statue is in your collection for you to enjoy not for other's enjoyment. If you love it, love it proudly **** all the other opinions.

I will reserve judgement until I have a piece in hand. This is a big complex piece so I can understand some issues. Amazing that the one thing that should not be an issuer a one piece statue is causing most of the comments

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Stuff like this makes the piece awful. There's loads more pictures of all the defects, but I didn't know how to attach more :rotfl

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 145
Well, clearly that's just a broken statue.

It's stuff like this that is the problem. This looks good in close-up:
IMG_0192.jpg

And this one looks bad:
IMG_0191.JPG

The problem is that it's the same statue.

Yes. It is my statue, and that is simply with and without flash. As I and others have said, there are gaps, but they are designed to be a final groove like the webbing lines of the red parts of the suit. It can debated if maybe IS should have designed it otherwise, but it's really not bad.

I am not saying there won't be bad ones out there since IS made the choice to cast in separate pieces, and then assemble. This leaves a chance for variance. I am just saying that some of these "bad" statues are merely people looking for flaws that are not readily apparent.

Back