Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at some of my previous posts I pretty much have the same for 2 (the pin and the adjacent plug goes in, but the square plug with a magnet right below doesn't go in on mine), 4 and 5 (both connections aren't as flush as I would like, but will probably hold).

Did you end up contacting Sideshow about your stairs? I didn't even release the stairs had a magnets till you mentioned it.

I didn't get mind through Sideshow, but Popcultcha.

If necessary I will notify Popcultcha soon, and maybe Iron Studios at the same time.

I had the same issue with the stairs but the little bar that works as a peg...i push it down a little bit more and it was able to fit in properly . And my sticker was loose so i transfered it to the front lol

I had the same issue with the stairs but the little bar that works as a peg...i push it down a little bit more and it was able to fit in properly . And my sticker was loose so i transfered it to the front lol

But that still looks like the magnet plug right below the metal pin isn't slotted in.

Yeah..on top of your post put that once i moved it it detached from the rest...so i guess is no good, tried different ways and nothing...

Come on if SSC, XM or P1 showed a picture like that there will be no excuse.

attachment.php

I could maybe overlook those,'but I can't get all of the issues that seem to plague this one. I like the statue and it looks great, but so many fitting problems with the base and the statue. I know this thing is the most complicated statue I have vet seen, but it IS couldn't produce these so they work properly then they should have toned down the complexity and engineer it better. No one wants to pay $800 and up to get a flare piece. Like I said almost all have the fitting issues and that is just not acceptable

Come on, Spidey. This is disengenuous at the very least. I don't think I've ever seen a company command such blind loyalty as Sideshow.

And people need to stop with the finger complaint. It's stupid. Something that heightens the quality and durability of a piece is never a bad thing.

When SSC has an absolute stinker that has this many problems guys here are just as hard on them as they are on this one... Maybe harder. I don't know if you were her for the Apocalypse Ex, but I know you weren't here for the first bat of Spiderwoman. We tore SSC a new one when those happened. When almost every statue has issues you have done SOMETHING wrong. Especially base fitting issues that could affect the stability of various parts.

This whole people should send it back argument is rather dull....

I don't care if it's XM, SSC, IS, or Prime 1... It's up to the owner to decide if they can live with the defects. There are pieces that I received that had small issues that I could live with or accept a partial refund. I have also received issues with a piece I could not live with and sent it back. Getting perfect pieces is almost impossible... I don't care who the company is.

What gets tiring is watching anyone blindly support a company, complain about and point out faults of another and then ignore issues that their fav company has had. There was one member here who loved to do that to other members on this bored but when he got a piece from his fav company and it was pointed out that it had flaws.. He made excuses all over the place for it and how the flaws where not an issue and you were just trolling because you pointed them out...:gah:

Anyways

If any company has continuous issues at these price points then they will eventually fail.

As of now the issue seem to be small enough that people can live with them. It's up to you the buyer to decide if you can live with it or not.

Wow looks really huge on top of that shelf! Loved your unboxing video well put together! Keep up the great work

Thanks Kain. Glad you enjoyed the vid.
The statue is much bigger than I thought it would be and I'm sure people who were concerned that the base will overpower spidey can rest easy. He is easily the most prominent part of the piece.

Thanks Kain. Glad you enjoyed the vid.
The statue is much bigger than I thought it would be and I'm sure people who were concerned that the base will overpower spidey can rest easy. He is easily the most prominent part of the piece.

Yeah I think I need to get a special case for it because I'm running out of space. Maybe display it on a lazy Susan because I love the oscorp sign and it looks really good from the side.

I got in contact with iron studios yesterday and today they sent me an email asking for my address to replace the lightbulb on the tentacle

I feel more like Luke Jedi Knight. :wave

To be serious. For me it takes 3 destroyed SSC Avenger Hulk MQ to keep the 4th and still my most loved Hulk Statue. :yess:

To be serious. I'm hardly ever serious. I make fun of everything without bias. :lightsabe

Thanks...sure no problem...ill let you guys know also once arrived , just to see the time frame of response and delivery

My video has finished uploading, i hope you guys like it

Thanks for the great unboxing vid bro :clap

...really looking forward to getting mine now. Have to say, none of the reported flaws mentioned so far have scared me off this piece. I've always thought to myself since day 1 that it was one of the most eye-catching Spidey statues that i've seen to date so i'm sure i'll be just as impressed once its inhand :)

To be serious. I'm hardly ever serious. I make fun of everything without bias. :lightsabe

Hahaha, ok. I was not joking, 3 destroyed Hulk MQ. :pray:

You had to destroy three??? that is some bad luck.... What was wrong with them all?

Yes, but with a 1 year break between 1-2 and 3-4. Just wanted to say if you really want something you try it again until it works.

1. Broken at the left leg
2. Molding problem on the leg, looks like someone takes a spoon from it
3. There was a hole under the arm
4. Keep. :)

So I have no place to display this and my plan was to put it in a box in the basement. After reading all the threads do you guys recommend that I pull it out put it all together then take it apart ad put it all back away?

So I have no place to display this and my plan was to put it in a box in the basement. After reading all the threads do you guys recommend that I pull it out put it all together then take it apart ad put it all back away?

I'm in the same boat. I'm tempted to assemble it and then take it apart to make sure everything is good. But I fear I may break something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back