Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same boat. I'm tempted to assemble it and then take it apart to make sure everything is good. But I fear I may break something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me to then getting it back into its packing could be a nightmare. Takes 20 minutes just to assemble then need to spend another 30 breaking it down not sure its worth it

I would only be really concerned on the Oscorp signage attachments. Those look like they 'could' break if pulled out.

Everything else 'should' be okay, but I've gotta admit even I'm hesitant in moving the piece around.

Thanks for the great unboxing vid bro :clap

...really looking forward to getting mine now. Have to say, none of the reported flaws mentioned so far have scared me off this piece. I've always thought to myself since day 1 that it was one of the most eye-catching Spidey statues that i've seen to date so i'm sure i'll be just as impressed once its inhand :)
Thanks for the kin d words brother.

It is an awesome piece that looks amazing from all angles. If you arent particular about micro details, Im sure you'll like it. It's my fave statue so far and i'm not even a big spidey fan.

So I have no place to display this and my plan was to put it in a box in the basement. After reading all the threads do you guys recommend that I pull it out put it all together then take it apart ad put it all back away?

The only hard part of assembling the piece for me was spidey. I ended up chipping a small piece of paint around the insert as a result. If you are concerned, you can assemble everything except spiderman and then disasemble it. At the very least, i would recommend inspecting each item to make sure nothing is broken or not to your satisfaction.

Thanks for the kin d words brother.

It is an awesome piece that looks amazing from all angles. If you arent particular about micro details, Im sure you'll like it. It's my fave statue so far and i'm not even a big spidey fan.

The only hard part of assembling the piece for me was spidey. I ended up chipping a small piece of paint around the insert as a result. If you are concerned, you can assemble everything except spiderman and then disasemble it. At the very least, i would recommend inspecting each item to make sure nothing is broken or not to your satisfaction.

But note if you're not putting the Spidey on, with the full Octopus arm assembled it'll probably tilt backwards. When I remove my Spidey I made sure that the arm/back of the diorama leaned fairly close to the wall etc.

Really i got mine with out issues i just package it back because no space but the paint is no flawless but is no bad at all i hope u guys can get a replacement, i got him him the last week, couple pics
20160903_104341.jpg20160903_104336.jpg20160903_104323.jpg20160903_104323.jpg

Really i got mine with out issues i just package it back because no space but the paint is no flawless but is no bad at all i hope u guys can get a replacement, i got him him the last week, couple pics

Thanks for sharing and good to see some of them turn out good in the end!

Got an email from Sideshow saying they are dealing with IS on how to best deal with my damaged stuff. Crosses fingers.

Got email from SS

Iron Studios is the manufacturer of this statue and we are working closely with them to provide the best solution for the concerns that you have submitted. As such, this process may take a bit more time than what you would normally expect from us.

We understand that this situation is not ideal, and for that we sincerely apologize. We will email you as soon as we have more information about your exchange.

How come this thing is not available in SS website anymore. Did it sold out already or did they have to pull it out due to the QC issues

Now the question is whether it's legitimately waitlisted or just taken off of SS website due to QC issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back