Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto on the chip as well. Heck that could've been a pic of mine before I glued and touched up the paint.

Can you confirm with a pic on how low on the base peg you get yours to? As I posted a couple of pages back I have about 2-3mm of space.

I believe the front curved section is touching a tad on mine, but from the side and back I see a space.

There's no major space visibility on mine, It's a bit tough squeezing a camera in there but I hope these pics help.

20160903_180817.jpg
20160903_180837.jpg
20160903_180914.jpg
20160903_180927.jpg

My video has finished uploading, i hope you guys like it

Thanks for video and pics.

In the video the gap looks the same as mine, but the pics look better for some reason. Maybe it's just angles and shadows.

But I went ahead and measured the male connector of the base against the female slot in the body, and the male connector is longer than the available hole. Meaning that on mine it'll definately show a gap.

Oh and I noticed that it appears that your neck seam is probably the best I've seen. It looks better fitted and more flush than mine.

Nice video
Thanks for checking it out.
Made it look way easy in that video

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Movie magic lol.
I have 15 straight minutes of footage struggling with the thing. I couldn't, in any way shape or form, comprehend why the peg is a flat square-like shape and the female connector has a diagonal slant in it. I was convinced it was defective until it slid in perfectly. I still don't understand the engineering behind it.
Thanks for video and pics.

In the video the gap looks the same as mine, but the pics look better for some reason. Maybe it's just angles and shadows.

But I went ahead and measured the male connector of the base against the female slot in the body, and the male connector is longer than the available hole. Meaning that on mine it'll definately show a gap.

Oh and I noticed that it appears that your neck seam is probably the best I've seen. It looks better fitted and more flush than mine.

Thanks for checking out the vid.
The neck is okay, the arms and the legs however are very noticeable, though they don't bother me too much as all the seams are where the costume should naturally separate. But I can see why some people have big issues with them.

Hmm... I can't tell by your video how bad yours is on the right leg. But out of the one macro pic of the seams I forgot to take (posted a couple pages back), it looks like the right leg on mine is in fact worse than the others. :doh

Worse in that I can see a slight blue gap under directed 'torchlight' between the red and the blue, and I'm not talking about the 'red grooves' that most are complaining about which I now believe are intentional (at least on the arms and legs) and are I believe more or less by design.

As from that gap I'm guessing that the piece will only slot into the body so far, as it appears that the way the lower arms and lower legs are attached are via a male connector on the main body (blue) which slots into the female connector of the lower arms and legs. So I'm thinking as long as the seams/grooves are in red it's probably gone in as far as it can go. But if your seeing a lower blue groove (which would be the male connector) then there may be an issue....

I just noticed that on my video its harder to see it but yes in person it's really really bad. I can even see some glue in there... This is going back for sure unfortunately.
Thanks for the reply

Got mine coming in on Wednesday and all this talk is making me worried. It's unfortunate that the past two premium Spidey statues (Sideshow PF and this) are having issues. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even with all the 'issues' I have on mine, I'm still pleased that I made the purchase.

Maybe I'm being too forgiving on the flaws, but I find the overall piece breathtaking.

Though my attention is sort of split at the moment though, as I've received or will receive 6 statues of various types over 3-4 business days this week. So as much as I've critiqued the piece over the last 5 pages I'm on statue overload. I may be a bit too giddy at the moment to make a final decision on the piece.

guys i received mine. i need your help!! while i did love the statue, loved the pose the texture on the suit the base the colors. everything on it its a winner for me i actually think that this is the best spiderman statue that i have ever seen and thats counting the new sideshow one that i owe. my problem is that the seams on mine looks way off and visible, specially on his right lower foot. i am wrong here? should i return this because of that or i am being picky ?

Did not even watch the video to notice in the still that the seem on his lower leg is way off. So 100% yes return it, this is not the case with others I have seen

I have a few small nitpicks with mine, as well, but I can count the number of statues I own that I don't have nitpicks with on one hand. I think this piece is fantastic. As discussed, I think issues with it vary because of the way it is assembled. It's a very ambitious piece, so I am not surprised by the variances.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about issues they'd accept with no complaint if this were a Sideshow statue. Outside of a couple real issues, most of what I have seen reported is minor. And no, I am not specifically speaking of anyone reporting issues here.

I think this statue is following the QC panic that many statues do once a few people have issues.

I actually feel like people would be rioting if this were SS haha

Whatever the company issues are issues SS or IS shouldn't get a pass if it's terribad, but that is completely subjective.

Did not even watch the video to notice in the still that the seem on his lower leg is way off. So 100% yes return it, this is not the case with others I have seen

20160903_222724.jpg

This is the right leg on mine.
very noticeable up close in the light, but doesn't bother me enough to get it replaced.

That's slightly more pronounced than most I've seen. I think a safer pose would have meant less issues because they wouldn't have needed so many pieces to do the paint well. However, with a less dramatic pose, I don't know if I would like the statue as much. Catch-22, I guess.

View attachment 289885

This is the right leg on mine.
very noticeable up close in the light, but doesn't bother me enough to get it replaced.

To tell you the truth the lower right leg on my piece is almost the same, may be a bit better but not by much. So it may be a common mold issue (which I can accept) rather than an error during assembling (less accepting). (I know it shouldn't matter, but for some reason it does to me).

And regarding the SS vs IS. For whatever reason, logical or not I am to a certain extent able to forgive or accept the seams.

As I posted previously I'm thinking it is by design to have a red inner grove when the lower appendages (female connection) are attached, but not the inner blue seam you see above in VidictivePotato's pic in which the male connector from the upper body has not been completely covered up by the lower leg.

But if I had received one like many did with the paint rub/smears on their Sideshow pieces I would've returned it without a second thought.

I've ben called a nitpicker for some issues which others have been willing to accept, so it's all relative.

Frankly out of all my collection, maybe only a third haven't have arrived without 'issues'. And most of those that weren't rectified by the retailer, did over time lose their negative impact and I'm pretty sure those on this statue will as well.

(I know it shouldn't matter, but for some reason it does to me).

Everyone has different tolerance levels...especially at $800.00 (maybe more for you since you're in Australia).
I'm really in love with this piece so I'm willing to forgive a lot, but for those who are very particular, I really don't fault them for wanting to get as close to perfect as they can. The asking price for this statue is no joke. If you paid for it, you deserve nothing less than to be happy with the purchase.

Everyone has different tolerance levels...especially at $800.00 (maybe more for you since you're in Australia).
I'm really in love with this piece so I'm willing to forgive a lot, but for those who are very particular, I really don't fault them for wanting to get as close to perfect as they can. The asking price for this statue is no joke. If you paid for it, you deserve nothing less than to be happy with the purchase.

Great response and totally true in every regard. Taking into account it cost people more that live outside of the US for shipping we should expect to some degree only minor issue at this price point. Just last month I received my Wolverine Brown Costume piece with zero issues. If it doesn't look right up to scratch, then don't ship it. Simple

Very true. I received and unboxed the Prime 1 Batman right after putting together this diorama and that one came in flawless. And with my purchase history of problems 50/50 is still more or less good.

If I hadn't learnt to accept some problems with my statues (which I do hate myself that I have to), my collection would be half its size.

I actually feel like people would be rioting if this were SS haha

Whatever the company issues are issues SS or IS shouldn't get a pass if it's terribad, but that is completely subjective.

Oh if this was SSC guys would be going bat**** crazy. I don't think I have heard of 5 of these that didn't come out with some type of issues and I have seen a lot of them. Guys are accepting the issues because this is a beautiful piece to be sure, but if this was a flat out SSC piece many wouldn't be nearly as forgiving. The words " I am sending this **** back", and "what the **** kind of QC is this" would be all over this thread. Forget the paint issues but the ill fitting base parts that are plaguing this thing are just ridiculous. Not to mention the bait and switch with the rubbery bendy fingers and the PVC parts, and I do think SSC shares some blame there for advertising this as Polystone.

Last edited:
Oh if this was SSC guys would be going bat**** crazy. I don't think I have heard of 5 of these that didn't come out with some type of issues and I have seen a lot of them. Guys are accepting the issues because this is a beautiful piece to be sure, but if this was a flat out SSC piece many wouldn't be nearly as forgiving. The words " I am sending this **** back", and "what the **** kind of QC is this" would be all over this thread. Forget the paint issues but the ill fitting base parts that are remount with this thing are just ridiculous. Not to mention the bait and switch with the rubbery DJ gets and the PVC parts, and I do think SSC shares some blame there for advertising this as Polystone.

Not trying to defend Iron Studios but it was always unlikely that this diorama was going to be 100% polystone, barring the glass window effect.

In fact imo it was pretty obvious that alot of the thinner objects were going to be made out of some sort of plastic. Parts of the stairs, the grating, parts of the signage (though didn't expect all if it) and of course the broken glass. Though I had hoped that the frame of the stairs would've been more substantial and made out of polytone. I was 50/50 on whether the octopus arm was going to be out of Polystone or not, because on one of those early Brazilian views of the prototype showed the Octopus arm flex/move. Now we know of course that that was not because it was made out of plastic, but because of possible balance issues.

I just hope the use of the term Polystone statue doesn't follow what happened with Diecast figures as it is with Hot Toys figures, where the percentage keeps on going down.

I haven't read many cursing the use of plastic on this, but if they are it would be similar to some people's reaction to the 1st Prime 1 1/3 Batman statue that got released with some plastic parts. Anyone who had purchased their Turtles and especially their Transformer line knew that Prime 1 don't steer away from the use of plastic parts and decals.

I received mine on Friday and nothing was broke from the base. There are some shotty paint spots that could be better and to be honest looks like it was just laziness. Only problem is there is a small red speck of paint on spideys left eye. Probably should send it back. Any ideas how to get it off?

Back