Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree that the base is too busy ...and the pose too extreme. The sculpt and detail is pretty cool, tho.

I prefer SSC's version so far. But I'm still waiting to see XM's version. I'm expecting nothing but the best from XM.

Base is too busy, psha, it's an engineering marvel. Getting this over the SSC one its way better.

i agree, the base is really cool. however i do think, like others have mentioned, that his pose is way to contorted for my liking. it almost looks like he just farted out that pumpkin grenade too.

I'm glad others like this sculpt. IS is a great company ...and that means IS will have support for this piece. I have a higher standard for my definition of engineering marvels, fortunately ...so I'll pass on this one.

I Like the base.... But this is the only angle that I like the pose.... Which hides much of the base....

qKCrJcK.jpg

This is a very nice statue.
Unfortunately there is alot of distraction in the pictures, the black cloth and the people in the background. Makes it difficult to appreciate the details fully.
Well done IS on a nice spiderman statue.

Showboat

You are correct that's exactly what I thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If and if this is same price as SS, hands down I PO this.

I Like the base.... But this is the only angle that I like the pose.... Which hides much of the base....

qKCrJcK.jpg

I agree the pose looks best from about this angle but for the reason you mentioned I'm going to have this on a turntable or something. This is a piece that needs to be revolved around to fully experience it. This is Spidey but it's not just about Spidey or his wildly dynamic pose. It's about the entire scene and how the characters (Spidey, Doc Oc and whichever of the dozen or so pumpkin bomb throwing characters one wishes to include) are interacting with the environment...looking at it from that perspective, I enjoy the "business" of it, there's something going on and to look at and appreciate from every angle...either directly at Spidey leaping forward, or the crazy directions of Doc Oc's tentacle, or the collapsing OSCORP letters and other various little details like the Hazard signs...it's a lot going on here but this piece was made for the eyes to study and it accomplishes exactly what statues are for...interesting things to look at.

If yal can't tell, I'm excited about this! The Olivetti Comiquette will always have a special place in my heart as my #1 statue, it's comparatively simplistic but in every way effective and conveys the character perfectly in a pose befitting of him but not as crazily dynamic, and on a perfect base...but I like how this is a very different approach.

If and if this is same price as SS, hands down I PO this.

I believe the Iron Studios Movie Cap and Iron Man statues were around $800 for US, so...yeah...

Can't believe some are actually complaining about the complexity of this base, or Spidey's posture/pose. This is simply a masterpiece of design in every way. Take a long look. .....................................& then look again,............& again, ...............& again.

People are judging this master piece by the pics posted here that's why it looks too busy now if the background was black you would only see the piece itself and not the back ground mixed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are judging this master piece by the pics posted here that's why it looks too busy now if the background was black you would only see the piece itself and not the back ground mixed with it.

That is exactly right. If it were on a blackscreen background it would be killer (even though it still is). I wonder how long it takes to go from this stage to being on their website for order.

Captain will be avalible in ten days, i guess.
Spider i really don't know.

they told to me that will be the justice league in 1/3 scale.

Last edited by a moderator:

are you certain captain will be available in 10 days?

new member with one post.

Are you on facebook? anyone that can vouch for you?

So.... can one buy directly from Iron Studios or does one have to go the ebay route? Also, how much is this? It is incredible.

Back