Iron Man Mark 43 Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The prototype of this statue looks 10x worse than the Mark VII and that one turned out to be a huge POS! SS needs to give up doing Iron Man LSF statues at this point because it's clear they're not even trying anymore.

Please describe in detail what makes you think this is 10x worse the the mkvii...

Right off the bat the pose is worse than the 7 as it's a complete snoozer, and the fact that Sideshow has opted to use the same base from the 7 on this is very weak especially when you take into consideration that the production base that shipped with the 7 was abysmal compared to the prototype shown.

The red of this proto 43 is correct on this though which is an improvement over the production piece of the 7, but whether that's the case on the end product is a coin flip at best.

Guys, you do know that this MK43 has been unveiled years ago...originally the MK42 :) so it's just been repainted...

6fb6594ecf663bfdec65a33dffc5e41a.jpg

Haha nice find Andy. Personally, I think the statue itself looks good. Don't care about the re-hashed base and this is just about what all 1/2 Iron Man statues look like....a simple museum pose. Most 1/2 scale statues in general are just museum posed.

Let's see how he actually turns out. Who is brave enough to PO him?

Haha nice find Andy. Personally, I think the statue itself looks good. Don't care about the re-hashed base and this is just about what all 1/2 Iron Man statues look like....a simple museum pose. Most 1/2 scale statues in general are just museum posed.

:) lol Brian :) yea, i remember speaking to one of the Sideshow reps a few years back and he said back then that all these half scale Iron Man statues would eventually see the light of the day...this was before even the MKVII was actually announced. So looks like he was right as we know get to see the MK42 repainted into the MK43 LSF making its appearance at this years SDCC. So that would leave just the Iron Patriot 1/2 scale in that pic...could be next? ;)

Let's see how he actually turns out. Who is brave enough to PO him?

Not me..... :chase

if that's the case that they will be doing plenty more armors, It would've been wise to come out with the Mark V. That one would sell better than this. People who are willing to spend $2k on a AOU IM will go buy the CM piece over this one easily. SS is at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to IM. Everyone else is doing them better.

...the same kind of pose.

...meaning it's not hunched over like the SS 1/4 Mk42 or has it's arm pointing forward like IP. They're both museum style poses, right leg slightly further back than the left, arms by his side. Blame Josh Herman anyway, he poses them. :rotfl

all depends on the base...if its the same as the MKVII then thats just damn right laziness...if its different then i may consider it...but only after production pics. Never ordering another Iron Man LSF until i've seen inhand pics :(

all depends on the base...if its the same as the MKVII then thats just damn right laziness...if its different then i may consider it...but only after production pics. Never ordering another Iron Man LSF until i've seen inhand pics :(
It's depressing to read that the #1 Iron Man fan isn't even sold on this... Sideshow, why do you fail us??? :gah:

:lol

It's depressing to read that the #1 Iron Man isn't even sold on this... Sideshow, why do you fail us??? :gah:

:lol

:lol I've finally clocked on Marc ;) I mean, its become more evident over the past few Iron Man releases by Sideshow that paint apps haven't been at all upto scratch. For me personally, it wasn't so much their IP or MK42 Maquettes (which i still feel are actually pretty cool statues to own - for those that were painted reasonably)...my gripe is with the higher priced collectibles such as their MKVII lifesize Bust, IP Lifesize bust and their MKVII LSF which have all been lacklustre and mediocre at best.

I mean i'm hoping it was just a rush job as the reason why they used the same base for their upcoming MK43 LSF that they used for their MKVII LSF cos that's just craaaazy! I mean we still dont even know how the MKVII LSF base relates to the statue or the actual movie for that matter?? Anyone know what the base is supposed to represent? :dunno :lol

Whilst i love the MK43 armour, i've just recieved the Iron Studios version and have the Hot Toys 1/4 scale MK43 on pre order aswell, so this upcoming LSF could be overkill on that specific armour...i guess alot will depend on the base for me :(

I mean i'm hoping it was just a rush job as the reason why they used the same base for their upcoming MK43 LSF that they used for their MKVII LSF cos that's just craaaazy! I mean we still dont even know how the MKVII LSF base relates to the statue or the actual movie for that matter?? Anyone know what the base is supposed to represent? :dunno :lol
As they did for the VII LSF, they used a temp base for Comic Con and then they changed to that "ordinary" base.

Let's hope for the best... but personnally, I find this LSF quite boring compared to MKIII and MKVII (even with burgundy)

Still interested in this myself. I wonder if his hands are fisted and what his feet are doing.

We need more SS. Stop teasing already.

Back