Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything IM is:yess:

You said it buddy!!! :goodpost: :hi5: Looking forward to getting these bad boys all set up!!!! :rock

3645d844fc9c159b888964572efe4f9b.jpg

Notice how all the new 1/4 scale maquettes (MKII, III, V, VII, XLII, Iron Patriot and War Machine v2) will all have the same round bases which will be nice to have that consistency when displaying them together...partly the reason why I ended up sticking with Sideshow for my Iron Man 1/4 scale pieces rather than opting for XM Studio's MKVII and MKXLII versions...

Yea, I doubt that any of the new ones will give me the same feeling of awe. Mostly because they won't be as rare as the Mark VII for quite a while, I suspect.

Yea, I doubt that any of the new ones will give me the same feeling of awe. Mostly because they won't be as rare as the Mark VII for quite a while, I suspect.

you mean the MKVI ;)

Yea, I think your right...some would even say that the MKVI is still the best Iron Man 1/4 collectible to date :lecture Me personally, I'm really interested in the MKIII maquette as Sideshows digital art concept had him on top of a smashed up Iron Monger and I love my dioramic bases :yess: Hence why I love all of XM Studios bases :love :love definitely my kind of thing :)

I really like the MKII Gantry base too but the pose is very weak in my opinion...

Yea, I cancelled my IP so this is def not in the cards for me. Maybe if the production pieces are nicer than what they had at SDCC, i will grab one down the line. I think i'm definitely going to get the mark VII from XM.

Yea, I cancelled my IP so this is def not in the cards for me. Maybe if the production pieces are nicer than what they had at SDCC, i will grab one down the line. I think i'm definitely going to get the mark VII from XM.
Dang sorry to here that. What was the problem with them at SDCC?

DANG didn't know iron man 42 went up with double rewards. The more I look at it I'm liking it alot and having the rounded bases and optional portrait would be awesome. I have the mark 4 and I'd love to see the preferred mark 6.

Dang sorry to here that. What was the problem with them at SDCC?

DANG didn't know iron man 42 went up with double rewards. The more I look at it I'm liking it alot and having the rounded bases and optional portrait would be awesome. I have the mark 4 and I'd love to see the preferred mark 6.

for mark 42, paint was very shoddy...not reflective or metallic AT ALL. i mean completely matte. it looked awful IMO. Mark 2 was slightly better but again, very matte paints...hardly looked metallic at all. mark VI and war machine look infinitely better. war machine has a matte paint but it still reads as metal...mark 42 and mark 2 just looked like dull paint.

I had the Iron studios Mark 42, Amazing pose but the paints were just a tad off my liking... Just sold it and hopefully sideshows M42 can replace it.

But I have serious doubts... This is a Must wait for in hand pics for sure. Actually it seems like Most SS products are becoming that way.

They are raising prices, Raising Edition sizes way to big, and Piss poor quality control... if I could afford it I would jump ship over to XM Studios completely.

I had the Iron studios Mark 42, Amazing pose but the paints were just a tad off my liking... Just sold it and hopefully sideshows M42 can replace it.

But I have serious doubts... This is a Must wait for in hand pics for sure. Actually it seems like Most SS products are becoming that way.

They are raising prices, Raising Edition sizes way to big, and Piss poor quality control... if I could afford it I would jump ship over to XM Studios completely.

Ive cancelled a couple SSC pieces and also decided to wait on PG, BG, and Boba regulars way on down the line...

for mark 42, paint was very shoddy...not reflective or metallic AT ALL. i mean completely matte. it looked awful IMO. Mark 2 was slightly better but again, very matte paints...hardly looked metallic at all. mark VI and war machine look infinitely better. war machine has a matte paint but it still reads as metal...mark 42 and mark 2 just looked like dull paint.
Thanks for the honest opinion, I'll look for some videos at SDCC. I have mark 4 and I absolutely think it's the best iron man to date minus the chin issues and I have the classic as well. I think I'm in order iron man upgrade ha ha.

War machine is my favorite and I honestly love IP soooo mark 42 is on my wait and see unless there is promo on him then I'll PO. they've been Nazi of late with moving NRDs

Thanks for the honest opinion, I'll look for some videos at SDCC. I have mark 4 and I absolutely think it's the best iron man to date minus the chin issues and I have the classic as well. I think I'm in order iron man upgrade ha ha.

War machine is my favorite and I honestly love IP soooo mark 42 is on my wait and see unless there is promo on him then I'll PO. they've been Nazi of late with moving NRDs

mark 4? you mean the mark VI maquette?

Safer choice that way

Back