Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the Iron studios Mark 42, Amazing pose but the paints were just a tad off my liking... Just sold it and hopefully sideshows M42 can replace it.

But I have serious doubts... This is a Must wait for in hand pics for sure. Actually it seems like Most SS products are becoming that way.

They are raising prices, Raising Edition sizes way to big, and Piss poor quality control... if I could afford it I would jump ship over to XM Studios completely.

Iron studios pose was #1 but the paint job is redicless , so I was still keeping him cause the pose and the base. I'll never buy from them again, xm is the best, but 42 was not that good in pose.

It was on 4000, trust me. Now back to 3000.

I wonder if they'll lower IP ES now? How they thought they'd shift that number is beyond me. Very odd, is it just out of pure greed? Personally when I see high ES it puts me off, regardless of how the piece looks. I know that's wrong but its just the way it is for me. Why didn't SS keep with making low ES like they did for the other legacy pieces??

i dont think they make the full quota of ES at once, they maybe making in batches, if its not selling out , probably the will just close it, without making the total 3000. they will probably hit even by the time they sell around 1000 , selling rest 2000 is probably profit, they just dont want to be losing to the secondary market, if they rise in value over 4-5 years after they sell out, then SS can be happy,so will the collectors who have it in hand ,

Iron studios pose was #1 but the paint job is redicless , so I was still keeping him cause the pose and the base. I'll never buy from them again, xm is the best, but 42 was not that good in pose.

Have to say, whilst I agree that the MK42 base isn't the most dynamic of XM bases, I think the pose is pretty good. Don't forget you get a good variety of alternate options in extra arms and heads to help snazz things up...plus you get a Pepper Potts alternate head which I think no other company has produced so that really works for me also...nice to get a sexy lady inside one of my Iron Man statues :yess: :lol

Have to say, whilst I agree that the MK42 base isn't the most dynamic of XM bases, I think the pose is pretty good. Don't forget you get a good variety of alternate options in extra arms and heads to help snazz things up...plus you get a Pepper Potts alternate head which I think no other company has produced so that really works for me also...nice to get a sexy lady inside one of my Iron Man statues :yess: :lol

yea, i really loved how XM gives you the Pepper Pots COH...nice touch. While the SSC pose IS cooler, the paintjob is not. Unless they improve that in the proto, ugh, I hate to think how the production pieces are going to turn out. For the sake of those who POed this, I hope the ES is under 1000 so they give these proper QC or this is going to be a disaster.

yea, i really loved how XM gives you the Pepper Pots COH...nice touch. While the SSC pose IS cooler, the paintjob is not. Unless they improve that in the proto, ugh, I hate to think how the production pieces are going to turn out. For the sake of those who POed this, I hope the ES is under 1000 so they give these proper QC or this is going to be a disaster.

If they have low es, price will be much more, but 3000 is way too much imo

Es under 1000... Think only PCS does that now. Plus SS with IM, no way.

ES doesn't effect QC at all. That seems to depend simply on which factory is used..

Yep if it was done n the same factory as GHulk or the Superman PF you are laughing all the way to the bank. If it was done in the JSC Spidey com or Apocalypse factory then well.....

tumblr_mub4xgjxAU1qknwolo2_400.gif

Scream-GIF-10.gif

Thanks for sharing those pics Oktay :) Colour scheme looks pretty good from what I can see although what we see in comic cons and toy fairs can be somewhat different to what the production piece looks like...but fingers crossed :)

Surprised to see no Iron Patriot Maquette :dunno

i dont know if it is just me but isnt the darker gold seems to look like it became too yellow? is that accurate?

Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

i dont know if it is just me but isnt the darker gold seems to look like it became too yellow? is that accurate?

As the owner of the XM Iron Man MK42 and from what I can see from these pics, the Sideshow Maquette actually looks more movie accurate imo. Taking nothing away from my XM version, which is painted phenomenally, the red parts should be darker than what they are and Sideshow seem to have nailed the red perfectly. There should also be 2 tones of gold on the armour which Sideshow have done really well on their version too. Don't forget though, these protos you see at Cons and Toy Fairs are 9 times out of 10, painted by one of the guys at Legacy - who in turn worked on the actual movie version of the suit...so once again, be warned that what you see here may not be what you receive later in the year from the factories in China :(

1c82afd6e9b09f1af3ad8a34c155ac8f.jpg

Yeah I didn't even remember seeing those darker gold bits. It's pretty subtle in the movie (iirc) and in the iron man manual you can't even see it. This is going to be one of those times where I prefer how XM and HT painted theirs instead of the actual seemingly screen accurate SS.

Back