1/6 Iron Man 3: Tony Stark (Mandarin Mansion Assault Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the theme of the movie was pretty much "What makes him a hero, the man or the Armour?"

He spends the movie making armours because he's scared he can't protect Pepper.

And he's right since he failed to stop Killian and save Pepper. Without the armour he's heroic but fails. He needs the armour to be a successful hero
tumblr_laqvt4pa1h1qd8trlo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Cool idea but totally unnecessary. Why not just include the hoody and the gadgets with the workshop Tony that was like $300 and I already have on preorder? I'll try and just pick up the outfit parted out. No reason to spend $300 on the other Tony and another $200 for this. There is also that secondary market outfit right? Might just pick that up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

I'm not going to lie to anyone, I love it when Hot Toys reveals another Iron man figure. Its hilarious to see the reaction both here and especially on facebook. Hey, I like Iron Man. I liked Iron Man 3. Was it the best? No, but it was enjoyable, which is what a movie is ultimately for. I have NO Iron Man figures. I'm not sure if I'm even going to get any from IM3. If I do, I'm only going to get 1 or 2 armours at most depending on the price of Igor. I neither hate or love this figure. I need to see the full reveal before I could make up my mind, but right now I can tell you that if I was going to get a Tony Stark, I'd probably go for the previous armour test version. If someone likes this more and plans on getting it, that's cool too and I hope they enjoy it. Having variety is good for collecting, even if it is only variety of Iron Man at the moment.

Now, I have absolutely no problem with this figure coming out. IM3 made over a billion dollars and was a very successful film that a lot of people enjoyed. Iron Man is one of Hot Toy's better sellers, if not their best. Hot Toys are going to make as many Iron Man figures that they can. It's only natural for a business to do something they feel is profitable. Are people waiting for other licenses? Of course they are, so am I. But you have to realize Hot Toys is going to go with Iron Man figures they KNOW they can make money off of before they go with Back to the Future figures (for example) that they MAY make money off of. I know it makes it harder when you would rather have that Back to the Future figure then an Iron Man figure, but that is, unfortunately, the nature of the beast.

There are licenses I would rather have as well, I really want Batman Returns figures, but I'm okay with waiting, because at the end of the day, I need these figures to be spaced out enough for me to afford them. The last thing I need is a bunch of licenses I want figures from, coming out at the same time. Every new figure put up for pre order that I don't want is more time I will have to replenish my funds before they get to the figure or license I do want. Patience is not a virtue in this hobby, it is a necessity. If you are waiting for something that hasn't been fully revealed or put up for pre order yet, your day will come. Unfortunately, its going to be longer if the license isn't from one of the newer movies.

I can't believe people aren't burnt out on Iron Man figures yet. Even if I was a hardcore IM fan I would want HT to try something different.

I seriously doubt there are a lot of people who collect every single Iron man figure made. Those that do, are probably so hardcore that burn out isn't even an issue. Most people are going to cherry pick what they want and right now, Iron Man gives them plenty to choose from.

The 15th ACGHK is just one day away and the special edition of the following collectible figurine is only available for pre-order during the event for fans in Hong Kong!

Tony Stark, the beloved hero and billionaire genius, faced some challenging issues in Iron Man 3. Terrorists badly injured his friend, destroyed his house, and kidnapped his girlfriend, but despite the downward spiral that he was in, Tony didn’t give up and was determined to take down The Mandarin.

Hot Toys is thrilled to introduce the Tony Stark (Mandarin Mansion Assault Version) Collectible Figurine after the exciting scene where Tony Stark creates homemade weapons to infiltrate The Mandarin’s mansion.

The movie-accurate Tony Stark Collectible Figurine is specially crafted based on the image of Robert Downey Jr. as the genius billionaire Tony Stark in his battle damaged civilian attire in the movie, highlighting the newly developed head sculpt, an advanced body with light-up chest light and greatly detailed weapons and accessories.

Pre-order at Ani-Com:
Retail price: HK$1,380

For fans in Hong Kong, the special edition is only available for pre-order at 15th ACGHK and will include one (1) Homemade Wrist Repulsor as bonus accessory.
(This special edition is for selected markets only.) with an exclusive bonus accessory and specially designed thematic poster upon pre-ordering there!

Continue to stay tuned to our Facebook Page for pre-ordering information of these amazing collectible figures!

996877_10151514530707344_2023651777_n.jpg

1004798_10151514530717344_1724473820_n.jpg

179778_10151514530722344_1144660229_n.jpg

26346_10151514530772344_1830809767_n.jpg

1010368_10151514530797344_858748289_n.jpg

555261_10151514530832344_972575853_n.jpg

998539_10151514530862344_461150744_n.jpg

994531_10151514530882344_326461999_n.jpg

994882_10151514530897344_2049222366_n.jpg

1004502_10151514530947344_1237378301_n.jpg

HO-LEE-CRAP

This will be Iron Man 3 Hot Toy number.. i've lost count..
Gotta catch em all.

I want those exclusive accessories!!

Man Hot Toys is hitting HARD with IM3... wtf is going on?

This looks pretty good, better be less than $200

So I assume there will be an EX version up for preorder on SSC which contains the homemade repulsor. The only difference with preordering at Anicom would be you get the poster.

only thing I really dont like is how his eyes are facing one direction... and they arent PERS

Well, this is just a rework of the Tony Stark workshop version head sculpt.
If you want 1 with the eyes looking straight, get the workshop version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back