Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the best of the three. When you throw in the director of the greatest most underrated movie of the last 10 years into the mix, you have a hit.

And hey, you do! Fanboys be ****ing damned. :D

See, that's all I wanted to hear. Real opinons without all that fluffy crap. :D

It's not that Shane doesn't get the genre, it's that he was given the go to take it in a new direction. All parties agreed that was a good choice. So they made a spy movie instead. They even came out and said what the tone was going to be.

And as for false advertising? Nah. I'm all up for a movie that tricks me in a preview. I've had more then enough films ruined for me because of it. I was worried that the Iron Man trailers showed a film that was going to be completely joyless, dark, and dour. I'm glad the film was anything but.

Shane didn't get the character, but saw fit to use the name anyway. That's the rub.

I'd agree that Black doesn't get the comic genre, but he made a good movie.

He didn't have an attachment to this Mandarin character, it was a prop for his movie.

You have entire movies focused on properties that twist and cash grab products. It wasn't even Mandarin's movie, big whoop.

Supervillians don't get their own films generally. :lol

He probably gets the character very much. But you know...it being a film, and comics being comics...and he didn't want to throw up a racist Chinese guy on screen to a film that is going to be sold and marketed to China.

He probably gets the character very much. But you know...it being a film, and comics being comics...and he didn't want to throw up a racist Chinese guy on screen to a film that is going to be sold and marketed to China.

No he doesn't get the character, he hates it and it shows. Explain what is irretrievably racist about the Mandarin.

Everything.

But you what? I don't care. It never mattered to me, and it continues to not matter.

You still got your comic Mandarin. So enjoy him. Until a Marvel exec makes him a woman or an alien or something stupid like that. :lol

Everything.

But you what? I don't care. It never mattered to me, and it continues to not matter.

You still got your comic Mandarin. So enjoy him. Until a Marvel exec makes him a woman or an alien or something stupid like that. :lol

Look at you rolling over already! Okay, I just don't think you can elaborate because you're buying into surface arguments that tend to evaporate upon closer inspection.

As far as I can tell, there was no great protest from the chinese when movies come out in their own country depicting them with supernatural martial art skills or tradtional robes...

MV5BMzg4MDE0NzIwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDI2NDcyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

or facial hair...

Curseofgoldenflower.jpg

This was my introduction to the Mandarin (as drawn by a racist Korean American)
tumblr_m7zedzZMnj1r0zmy0o1_500.jpg

I just think it boiled down to selling out to China. Unless of course they are so racist as to insist that no westerner allow a film antagonist to be of chinese descent. Hypocrital bs.

Welcome to Hollywood. Also, they may have not wanted to anger a country, but they are willing to take a risk with the fans. So. They have *****. But they aren't stupid.

Also, why are we still talking about this? It happend. The end.

Welcome to Hollywood. Also, they may have not wanted to anger a country, but they are willing to take a risk with the fans. So. They have *****. But they aren't stupid.

Also, why are we still talking about this? It happend. The end.

You support it due to the same intellectual bankruptcy. I'm offering a loan, but it sounds like you have no interest. :lol

Finally got around seeing IM3.
Best of the 3 easy for me.
First one set the tone and the universe pretty well but had nothing much to tell, the second was just boring to me.
I like the writing of this one, Shane Black humor was there, and the action cool if not that impressive (the air force one rescue was a great idea but meh executed while i was expecting WTF moments).
Final was nice.
I think i really digged GUY PEARCE wich was a worthy oponement.
His look in the climax was awesome.
Hell i even digged Pepper.
Nice surprise.

From what i read don't get US fans, they wanted a bad chinese with rings and now they feel MOS as too much action and is not enough like Donner's movies...
Basically they want rehash of what they've seen or read not adaptation with directors giving their view of the material.
No lazy SIN CITY **** for me thank you.

I'm not. Considering Trevor wasn't the antagonist. Killian was. That's the character I do care about.

He wasn't a great character. But he was fun in a Bond villain kind of way.

I'm not. Considering Trevor wasn't the antagonist. Killian was. That's the character I do care about.

He wasn't a great character. But he was fun in a Bond villain kind of way.

I'm talking about the Mandarin. I'm sure you've heard by now.

[ame]https://youtu.be/gv2bGsdizhM[/ame]

Killian was the movie Mandarin and it was flimsiest piece of BS DisMarv has pulled in a good while. This is nearing Shyamalan levels of garbage twists.

Back