Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The question should have been were the locations supposed to be 10 Rings locations that they were searching for the Mandarin, ie. like the one the extremis agent was at disguised as a Pakistani woman.

I don't want it to come off as racist like I'm just assuming they're all terrorist spots with slaves, but even Rhodes said something to the effect of "You're free now...ummm, if you weren't before" :lol

This movie was worse than the second one. So these extremis mutants are more powerful than Thor, since they can slice through all those armors like butter.

The question should have been were the locations supposed to be 10 Rings locations that they were searching for the Mandarin, ie. like the one the extremis agent was at disguised as a Pakistani woman.

I don't want it to come off as racist like I'm just assuming they're all terrorist spots with slaves, but even Rhodes said something to the effect of "You're free now...ummm, if you weren't before" :lol

They were all sweatshops. Probably killians sweatshops. So I'm going to go with them not being real ten rings places.

That not being clear in the film, and the writer having to tell us that its not the same ten rings after the film I'm going to chalk up to shoddy scriptwriting. A plot hole essentially.
You know, like why the hell didn't tony use the party protocol when they attacked his house?

Could be a plot hole. Could be a deleted scene. Or perhaps it's something they want to keep for later.

Movies are a strange thing. Until I get the cold hard facts (Blu Ray with the deleted scenes and what have you) then i'll...well...know the facts. :lol

Its all relative to the needs of the story. The Extremis agents are simply the latest nigh invincible force that the hero has to overcome. It was kind of ridiculous when all they had to do to disable IP was to hold his arm, or when Killian regenerated from a fingernail after having the Mark 47 self destructed on him.

After a while it's just one shoe-horned mechanic after another.

tumblr_mltp8tH4LD1rgv2uso1_250.gif

:lecture :lol

I'll take a character driven story over a hollow action movie that isn't directed by The Bay any day of the week. But to each their own...I guess.

You liked iron man better I take it. Man of steel was just epic fun at the movies. I was never a fan of superman and always thought he was a dull character to begin with so I wasn't expecting a deep story. Iron man just felt out of place to me .

What Iron Man 3 represents to me is that when you have an actor who just utterly and completely owns his character like RDJ or Reeve did for that matter, people will be entertained almost no matter what kind of story you put them in.

At this point the IM franchise has rounded the corner into something of a schlockfest, similar to the direction Superman III took. There are good moments to be had, but the movie as a whole is a hot mess.

I really liked Iron Man 3. It was a damn fun film and I hope RDJ comes back for more, but MoS was a better film. For me at least.

I know you keep saying that Frank...probably the 6th or 10th time, but it's not going to change my mind, or make me see things your way.

The end is a mess, but that's to please the fanboys. The rest of the film is fairly sound. But like every movie, it isn't perfect. But at the same time, it's a fluffy summer movie, and it does it's job perfectly.

Fans love the mind numbing action of Man of Steel, but didn't enjoy the character breakdown of Iron Man 3. It's the dividing line between film fans, and comic fans.

TDK brought everyone together. But it's now waining. But as long as you have good, well developed characters, you're movie is worth watching. If not? Well. I'll pass thank you very much.

At least he would've had an ounce of depth to him. :lol At least Trevor sucked his way just to get some drugs.

Zod delivered on the expectation of a villain that the film promised. He was an opposing force equal to Superman. Someone to give an a nearly indestructible hero a run for his money. He may have been a tad light on development, but I bought into what was there. This was a being who wasn't born, but engineered to do one thing and one thing only. Free will wasn't in the cards for him. He had a job to do, and he had no alternative but to stop anyone who stood in his way. I agree more depth would have been of benefit, but the movie was already so chalk full of characters as it was, so I was satisfied with what we got.

Fake Mandarin's motivation was for free drugs. I rest my case there.

Even his introduction during the godawful "twist" was him exiting a wrecked bathroom, warning his hookers of his **** stank. Toilet humor. Placed there to score juvenile giggles from the audience.

We're just going to have to disagree on this one, pal. :lol

Back