Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It had flashbacks of New york and constant PTSD worries over the events of that movie, it had references to Thor and Bruce Banner at the end.

It didn't abandon it, it just didn't force it.

Wasn't a fan of that, it'd be like Bruce Banner saying he's Hulk but without the ability to turn into Hulk :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZGVRN0iwgo

I just wanted to say to him, 'You're a funny guy Mr stark but face it mate, without the suit you're no superhero'

The great joke about the lame Iron Patriot didn't even have a great pay off at the end with War Machine being given to Rhodey. :gah:

Stark is not Iron Man. Stark + Jarvis + Suit = Iron Man. I know this because without the suit Stark wouldn't have made it out of the desert. How was that fight between Tony and Whiplash working for him without his suit? Was he not about to die? If he didn't have the arc reactor, he'd be working for Loki and the Avengers may have lost. Who killed Mandarin again?

Yeah he's smart.

But if not for the suit Manhattan would've been nuked.

I guess they're saying tha he can wear the suit because he wants to, not because he has to.

Whatever. :lol

If it was just the Arc toss that'd make more sense, but the Arc toss and the suit destruction makes him saying he's iron man make it seem that He Tony Stark, with no suits it's still iron man.

If he didn't do both it wouldn't seem like he's done being Iron Man while at the same time saying he's still Iron Man :cuckoo:

Meh

**** Shane Black. :rotfl

I'm sorry you're too stupid to understand this movie. Might as well just kill yourself now.

:lol: :monkey3

But in all seriousness....I'll never agree, because Iron Man 3 remains the funniest, and most interesting of the three. Iron Man is great. Iron Man 2 is okay, but more of the same. And I was just happy to see something different on screen for once. Something I didn't expect. It's a good thing to have your expectations tested.

But that's not what people want. Which is a shame. Because the next Iron Man movie will probably be run of the mill, dull action, same plot, same jokes, and Avengers **** everywhere due to the complaints. I give anyone credit for doing something unique. Even if I didn't like it.

Nolan took a great risk for TDKR. Did it all work? Some did, some didn't. But at least he did something different. That's something rare today.

The kids scenes were the best part. He pretty much saved Tony's ***. :confused

He was the best kid sideskick of the movies that have had kid sideskicks.

The biggest complaint about Iron Man 2 was it wasn't it's own movie. But just an Avengers teaser. And so...Iron Man 3 became it's own movie...and so....now it's bad?

That isn't among the most common complaints about Iron Man 3 though more of a footnote.

Thor and Cap were esentially their own movies.

I'm sorry you're too stupid to understand this movie. Might as well just kill yourself now.

:lol: :monkey3

But in all seriousness....I'll never agree, because Iron Man 3 remains the funniest, and most interesting of the three. Iron Man is great. Iron Man 2 is okay, but more of the same. And I was just happy to see something different on screen for once. Something I didn't expect. It's a good thing to have your expectations tested.

But that's not what people want. Which is a shame. Because the next Iron Man movie will probably be run of the mill, dull action, same plot, same jokes, and Avengers **** everywhere due to the complaints. I give anyone credit for doing something unique. Even if I didn't like it.

Nolan took a great risk for TDKR. Did it all work? Some did, some didn't. But at least he did something different. That's something rare today.

:rotfl:rotfl

He was the best kid sideskick of the movies that have had kid sideskicks.

That isn't among the most common complaints about Iron Man 3 though more of a footnote.

Thor and Cap were esentially their own movies.

The Mandarin twist didn't bother me at all. :nana:

IM3

picture.php

It's also like nothing ever pleases anyone.

The biggest complaint about Iron Man 2 was it wasn't it's own movie. But just an Avengers teaser. And so...Iron Man 3 became it's own movie...and so....now it's bad?

Well, get ready for Thor to do the same. Cap is going to connect because he's a part of Shield. But that's it.

So get used to it.

I felt like IM3 did not learn anything from IM2.. Instead of bad guy drones we don't care about, we get good guy drones we don't care about. IM2 was boring, IM3 was boring. IM2 had piss poor villains, IM3 had piss poor villains.

I could care less about the lack of Shield in IM3. I thought the problem with Shield in IM2 was that it was not handled well, just like the rest of the film.

I failed to see what was so funny in IM3 other then the insult Tony threw at the kid. I prefer how RD jr treated the A hole kid in Due Date... Much funnier.

I felt IM 1 was by far the funniest but Humor is very subjective so I don't hold the failed humor for me against IM3... Just everything else.

But I am curious to see it again to see if my opinion changes. I tried watching IM2 after IM3 thinking that perhaps IM2 was not as bad as I thought it was.... Well it is. So perhaps now knowing how bad IM2 is again I can enjoy part 3 a little more.. As of right now I don't see how 3 is all that much better then 2.

Stark is not Iron Man. Stark + Jarvis + Suit = Iron Man. I know this because without the suit Stark wouldn't have made it out of the desert. How was that fight between Tony and Whiplash working for him without his suit? Was he not about to die? If he didn't have the arc reactor, he'd be working for Loki and the Avengers may have lost. Who killed Mandarin again?

:exactly::goodpost:

I can only give credit for being unique if it works. But that just me. I can't think of any film that tried really hard to be different and sucked that I gave credit for or enjoyed because it tried to be different.

I would rather watch something that is a bit more basic and done really well the something really different and sucks.

But that's just me.

Me too. By the time the end of the second movie came I hated Pepper potts and I hated her even more in three. There banter is quite annoying. I don't care about the Madarin at all and the humor can be funny at times but sheesh.

Back