IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any place in particular where I would be able to find these rotating platforms? :D

I wasn't thinking anything as fancy as the motor driven platforms... not that those aren't nice. My solution was to just get a decent quality dark stained wooden "lazy susan." That would allow me to manually change the angle while at the same time place both of the statues (IM and WM) together on the same platform. They could even be back to back. ;)

This thread is really bumming me out. I need to stop reading it, but I can't. I keep hoping that there will ba an official response.

You shouldn't be put off by the thread too much. Many of these are coming out nicely. If I were so worried about the overall experience I wouldn't have requested them to look into an exchange. I would have requested a refund.

This is a nice piece. I am still excited to get a replacement and put it into my collection. I just have to wait for Sideshow to review the photos that I sent. They said it would take 5 to 7 days to figure out a resolution. I'm sure that it didn't help that I mailed them two days before a holiday weekend.

Same price as the Iron Man Maquette,I bet you won't find a single place paint brushed.Shame on you SideShow...:cuckoo:

product.GetProductImage.do

Last edited:
I wasn't thinking anything as fancy as the motor driven platforms... not that those aren't nice. My solution was to just get a decent quality dark stained wooden "lazy susan." That would allow me to manually change the angle while at the same time place both of the statues (IM and WM) together on the same platform. They could even be back to back. ;)

Any particular web site that has the rotating platforms?

Any particular web site that has the rotating platforms?

Not any particular site. I was looking on amazon.com and found lots of different sizes and finishes. I will probably end up with either a black surface or a darker stained wood, but I need to make sure that I leave room for both statue bases to fit. For example...
Here is a link to an Amazon page that has a large version that is dark in color.

At the moment everything hinges upon getting permission to send my current statue back for replacement. I don't expect any problems, but if an issue arises, I will ask for a refund and cancel the War Machine.

Heres a link:

https://www.diecastfast.com/diecast/DCF/PROD/AA-ROTARY-L

it says the 12" display can handle up to 10 lbs but may be able to handle more, but they haven't tested it

theres also an 8" display but that would obviously handle less weight

They should have enough power to turn the statue. They come with 2 power settings. I personally would never use them because they are made pretty cheap and you have to buy an AC adaptor separately if you dont have batteries. The base itself is very flimsy and sits on a single pin when it rotates. Also, its REALLY loud which distracts from whatever your looking at rotating on the base. I had one for about a day and returned it because I couldnt take the noise anymore.

Chris

Really useful information guys thanks.

I think I might try and make something myself...

I'll take Iron Man over that POS car thanks. Webb do you even own a live from ss or might have had this on order? Or is it you just want to come and _____ about them? Just curious.

I'll take Iron Man over that POS car thanks. Webb do you even own a live from ss or might have had this on order? Or is it you just want to come and _____ about them? Just curious.

:lol....... dude What A FanBoy!! (I Am Too.....:hi5:).... But Webb Has A Point.........:wink1:

Call me what ya want. There No guarantee that car will come without issues. Plus here's another thing how many of that car will be made? The smaller the ES the less likely there will be errors.

Ah well I like mine and it kicks ass so I'm happy.

Call me what ya want. There No guarantee that car will come without issues. Plus here's another thing how many of that car will be made? The smaller the ES the less likely there will be errors.

Ah well I like mine and it kicks ass so I'm happy.

Correct...... When Mine Arrives I Will Determine What to do...... If I Am Happy It Stays If Not I Will Return...... Pretty Simple!!:)

I have one on FlexPay,I will get it mid November,by then hopefully the paint issue will be a thing front the past.

Don't matter if they make 100 or 10.000 they all should be the same.Ford make thousands of car every year,they all have the same paint app.Why someone should settle for a "overall" appearance "good" ?

If my Iron Man comes with this :sancho painting it will go back worse than arrived so nobody will have to take SS crap with them sending the same statue to someone else.

Last edited:
Yeah, it does. If they make only a few you're much less likely to have errors. As far as ford repeated their paint apps they have issues all the time. I've seen it numerous times where a car lot had two cars with the same paint and they where a bit different.

Mine isn't good mine is great.

U act like SS did something personal to you. I'm curious why you have such an aggressive attitude towards them.

Yeah, it does. If they make only a few you're much less likely to have errors. As far as ford repeated their paint apps they have issues all the time. I've seen it numerous times where a car lot had two cars with the same paint and they where a bit different.

Mine isn't good mine is great.

U act like SS did something personal to you. I'm curious why you have such an aggressive attitude towards them.

Hot Toys,DID,3R makes thousands of products they all perfect.It's personal they are taking my money and delivering a inferior item.

They show A on their site and deliver B ( Iron Man Maquette ) Other items were great.$500.00 is a lot money not to have a perfect item.

Tell me in 2010 which major toy factory paint brush their toys ? :slap

Hot Toys does not make all prefect figures sorry to burst your bubble on that one. All my potc figures sucked with horrible paint apps and I've seen other figures from HT have issues. As much as I love ther work they have issues too.

My Iron Man looks as good as what was shown and overall I think most of them do. Sure there will be some but that's just how things go.

Spray or brush. Just make it look awesome.

Josh, I was going to leave these threads mostly alone until I get my replacement, and I agree with you most of the time, but with this Ironman Maquette, you really are going out of your way to be a Sideshow fanboy.

From everything I have seen, this has a fail rate of at least 50% and most of the "bad" statues are OBVIOUS quality control failures. This isn't a $20 NECA, a $100-150 Kotobuyika/Bowen statue, or even a $175 HT IM. This is a $500 Sideshow "Legacy" statue and Sideshow had an obligation to make sure that the crap showing up at people's houses doesn't leave the factory; ESPECIALLY after the other Ironman fiascos.

If it was just a few statues, ok, that happens. But there is no excuse for how widespread this is.

Josh, I was going to leave these threads mostly alone until I get my replacement, and I agree with you most of the time, but with this Ironman Maquette, you really are going out of your way to be a Sideshow fanboy.

From everything I have seen, this has a fail rate of at least 50% and most of the "bad" statues are OBVIOUS quality control failures. This isn't a $20 NECA, a $100-150 Kotobuyika/Bowen statue, or even a $175 HT IM. This is a $500 Sideshow "Legacy" statue and Sideshow had an obligation to make sure that the crap showing up at people's houses doesn't leave the factory; ESPECIALLY after the other Ironman fiascos.

If it was just a few statues, ok, that happens. But there is no excuse for how widespread this is.

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

Back