Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - MMS600 - 1:6 Tony Stark (Mark V Suit up Version) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea lots of good pics of this figure coming around. Solid release for sure. Really just want the headsculpt and helmet pieces for the regular MK5 release though.

Looks great. Just odd how many versions we are getting.

Is the race track base an exclusive to HK? Wouldn’t mind grabbing that and the suit up version and make a nice little IM2 display from suit up to fully armored with the nice base background.

This dude really needs to fix the white balance on his camera (his videos are always like an old tube tv with the tint dial turned all the way to green) but it’s neat to see how the suitcase works; it’s like a little partsforming transformer.

I love how Reagan acts totally blown away by the simplest things like...turning the head :ROFLMAO:

Really love the look of this one, it's a beautiful piece. I thought maybe the armor pieces would attach via magnets but looks like it's all just clipped together around the body.

It never had the Die-Cast logo on any photo.
Why is this a surprise or disappointment to anyone that it's plastic?

Nice channel that. Don't understand a word of it, but the visuals are great.
Yeah, and it seems like he's becoming Hot Toys go-to guy for Hong Kong early video reviews. Some of them recently have been out way too fast for him to not have gotten the figure from them early, and they used his footage for little chrome Mando promo they posted on their hk instagram page.

Hi if you hit watch on youtube then the settings symbol then subtitles theres a huge choice of languages . having watched jedhas review when i get this i may modify & put my old racing suit figure inside & save damage to new figure which can play with the suitcase , all the best.

@IANR Yeah everything was all cool until Jedha said what a "pain in the *ss" the figure is with all those pieces and compression of the suit. It is pretty interesting that they put this out as an alternative transitional moment from the Mark V. I like how cool this looks and the Tony sculpt is pretty awesome.

Yeah, and it seems like he's becoming Hot Toys go-to guy for Hong Kong early video reviews. Some of them recently have been out way too fast for him to not have gotten the figure from them early, and they used his footage for little chrome Mando promo they posted on their hk instagram page.

The thing I'm enjoying about his reviews is how thorough he is in the presentation. It's almost like a video manual for assembly! The videos are well produced and really show every feature of the figure and what comes with it. And the language barrier actually works fine for me - no snarky, stuttering editorializing to contend with, just the figure. Not watching these figure videos for the personalities presenting them...just want to see a great, unvarnished look at the figure.

Heck, I'm Marveled out as far as figures go, but his video has me actually considering it for the great piece of engineering behind that figure!

Justin has his review up, his impressions are pretty consistent with Jedha's: looks great, pain in the butt to fully assemble and there's a constant sense that something's going to break at any given moment. And the armor digs into the race suit.

I'd be curious to hear thoughts from a Transformers Masterpiece collector, because I suspect they might be less traumatized by the whole process. Doesn't change the fact though that Hot Toys could have engineered a far more friendly way of attaching the suit parts.

Here’s a great visual overview of how it all works, plus some fresh posing ideas. Sure pairs nicely with that exclusive Mark V racetrack diorama base 😯

Super impressed by this video and just wowed by this figure. I was kinda looking at getting this to go along with my MKV but now it’s a must have figure.

I’d love to be able to snag parts off TA to make a separate racing suit figure too.

The thing I don't like about this is that the suit is sure to be destroyed from the "clamping" of the pieces. This aspect has me hesitant--as Jedha was a on a live stream and they all agreed that it's toast once you remove pieces....IF you can remove them or attach them in the first place. Ugh...want but don't want.

Back