IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottom line is guys, this is alot of money...and based on the pictures being posted so far the quality does not match the price tag. Personally, if I get a statue with brush strokes on his chin its going right back. I dont care how well the painter stayed inside the lines. I want it to look as close to the proto as possible. If SS cant deliver on that...then you better believe I will expense them as much as possible until I get what I paid for. Simple as that. Do not pass GO...do not collect $500 :wave

Chris

Josh, I was going to leave these threads mostly alone until I get my replacement, and I agree with you most of the time, but with this Ironman Maquette, you really are going out of your way to be a Sideshow fanboy.

From everything I have seen, this has a fail rate of at least 50% and most of the "bad" statues are OBVIOUS quality control failures. This isn't a $20 NECA, a $100-150 Kotobuyika/Bowen statue, or even a $175 HT IM. This is a $500 Sideshow "Legacy" statue and Sideshow had an obligation to make sure that the crap showing up at people's houses doesn't leave the factory; ESPECIALLY after the other Ironman fiascos.

If it was just a few statues, ok, that happens. But there is no excuse for how widespread this is.

Well said. :clap:clap:goodpost:

IMG_6106.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

IMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6233.jpg

I'm very happy with mine. It truly is the best item I've ever had. I wish everyone had one like mine.

I'm very happy with mine. It truly is the best item I've ever had. I wish everyone had one like mine.

I think generally its good that consumers have high expectations since this is not a cheap piece.

I was looking at the high-reso pic (post 741) and I notice that that pic has less battle damage (scrapped paint showing the steel silver material) than your piece.

Normally for battle damage look, the intended scrapped paint (silver part) are more evident at the edges, but I find that is not the case for this piece. The silver looks more like scrappy paint rather than the intended battle damage look.

That is my opinion, hope your don't mind. :)

cant say im suprised with most of the hate towards the paint apps on this piece. the huge ES obviously made it very difficult for SS to crank out perfect paint apps on all these. I thought i would be trying to get one, but im thinking i will wait for awhile. im not liking what i am seeing. oh well, hopefully WM will have a better outcome, but i bet the later batches will have fewer flaws on this piece.

Shrimpy it's cool. Some like things to be a bit weathered and some not so much. I personally like it to be a bit weathered and that's why I like that mine looks the way it does.

cant say im suprised with most of the hate towards the paint apps on this piece. the huge ES obviously made it very difficult for SS to crank out perfect paint apps on all these. I thought i would be trying to get one, but im thinking i will wait for awhile. im not liking what i am seeing. oh well, hopefully WM will have a better outcome, but i bet the later batches will have fewer flaws on this piece.
Why did SS shipped out earlier then scheduled if they cannot maintain high QC? Nobody was rushing them. In fact I'd even wait till next year if they deliver an immaculate end product.:dunno

Indeed! Its a picture thread. :lol

Its a great piece. I can go right down the hall and see mine but I like seeing others.

What # did you get? I don't recall.

Back