IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yatyau

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just picked it from a retailer today, overall better than I expected especially the face plate that I learnt it has some irregularity around the mouth yet mine is okay for that. Of course if the face plate looks shaper instead of that soft it would be almost perfect for the head. Different from the life-size bust or the half-scale maquette, silver color is painted around the inner eye probably for enhancing the visual blightness when power is on, yet silver makes it looks less natural than the usual black when power is off IMO. The red is totally metallic and glossy which is good. The weathering effect is fair. Though the well known "grease dirt" almost disappears this time, a number of areas are hit with silver paint at the edge over the red paint in order to pretend the effect of red paint peeling off and exposing some sort of silver prima yet the effect looks totally reversed and odd if silver is on the outside. However, those mud imitation around the feet is damn good. The color of the mud is so real and natural. Just if the robot on the base or the base itself also have such mud it is even better. Don't totally believe the golden part in my pics below as I also regard it looks flat and simply like pale yellow, I could not shot some that reflects the true golden feel with my poor photographing skill, pardon me as it looks more golden in person. Enjoy my photos and let's share.

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

Last edited:
What is the irregularity around the mouth that people have been talking about?

Last edited:
Looks ace thanks for sharing the pics! shame i have a few weeks until this will be with me. :(

Of course the poster disappears when there's something I need to know :slap :gah:

You know...until today I have really been excited about this piece. But now that I have seen in hand pics....I'm starting to question whether or not I want to spend the $500.

The money itself is not the issue, I think I'm having difficulties with the idea of whether or not this 17 inch statue is worth $500. I might have to cancel this order and see if I can pick this up down the road. My biggest fear is to purchase this piece and then develop buyer's remorse.

I like it, but I don't love it. IMHO that's a problem given the price point of this piece.

I like it, but I don't love it. IMHO that's a problem given the price point of this piece.

If thats the case then you have your answer. Its not the price point of the piece its more so I think you're love for the character or dedication to it. For me the price point is fine because I really dig Iron Man and the piece.

It can be bought for much cheaper... $415 delivered has been the best price I've been quoted.

You know...until today I have really been excited about this piece. But now that I have seen in hand pics....I'm starting to question whether or not I want to spend the $500.

The money itself is not the issue, I think I'm having difficulties with the idea of whether or not this 17 inch statue is worth $500. I might have to cancel this order and see if I can pick this up down the road. My biggest fear is to purchase this piece and then develop buyer's remorse.

:exactly: I had this on order, but could not justify the $500 price tag so I canceled. I still like it, and if the price point drops I will probably pick it up down the road. With 2800 of them out there that should not be problem.

I Feel exactly the same way, I Love Iron Man and my last purchase was the 1:1 bust (which i Love) but at 17" and 500 + bucks i don't feel its worth it, hell i could get the gambit PF and the Black Cat bust for a little over 500

Still love the Piece but still can't get used to the price, just like I felt with the 1/2 scale iron man

Back