IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya if I dont hear anything from SS on this or if I keep seeing more and more defective pieces show up on both forums then im afraid IM and WM are getting the axe. After that, I dont care what IM stuff SS puts out...I've lost hope and I aint buying.

Chris

well i wont cancel wm,until i see the same problems...and it was so cool piece..

I decided to return it. The chip didn't bother me as much as the glue error. I can't repair the glue problem without sanding it down and repainting (which would be near impossible in terms of color and finish matching.) I eventually want to display these on a rotating platform, so the appearance is important from both sides. With the chip I could have repaired damage with a little silver as there is "battle" scrapes in the same region already.

the return department representative was very nice, and I don't anticipate any problems.

Thats the thing if there's an issue get a replacement. Its important to get one and be happy with it.

Here is mine ...

mark6a.jpg

mark6d.jpg

mark6b.jpg

mark6f.jpg

mark6e.jpg

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

Looks great Admin Ko!

What kind of camera do you use? I'm thinking about upgrading as my camera isn't cutting it when it comes to taking clear pictures!

Looks great Admin Ko!

What kind of camera do you use? I'm thinking about upgrading as my camera isn't cutting it when it comes to taking clear pictures!

Hi
I am using Nikon D700 with Micro lens 105mm. Sorry, I dont know much about the camera. I need to get me a tripod at least...
All are hand held shots....

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

I decided to return it. The chip didn't bother me as much as the glue error. I can't repair the glue problem without sanding it down and repainting (which would be near impossible in terms of color and finish matching.) I eventually want to display these on a rotating platform, so the appearance is important from both sides. With the chip I could have repaired damage with a little silver as there is "battle" scrapes in the same region already.

the return department representative was very nice, and I don't anticipate any problems.

Any place in particular where I would be able to find these rotating platforms? :D

The rotating platforms hes talking about you can find anywhere. The one hes probably talking about is made by Autoart. You can check out Carbuffs in square one mississauga or Collector studio in yorkville toronto. Both will have them...

Chris

The rotating platforms hes talking about you can find anywhere. The one hes probably talking about is made by Autoart. You can check out Carbuffs in square one mississauga or Collector studio in yorkville toronto. Both will have them...

Chris

Thanks man, appreciate it :D

Chris

I’ve seen those turntables from Autoart but always thought that they would not have sufficient power to turn something as heavy as a large maquette/PF. Can anyone confirm that they are suitable? I would like to be able to rotate the Weta District 9 Exosuit if possible.

Chris

2 Great stores (i collect 1\18 scale cars to) even if most of there stuff is overpriced, i usually use them as a way of seeing stuff in person and then ordering online from places like scale18.com :lol

I’ve seen those turntables from Autoart but always thought that they would not have sufficient power to turn something as heavy as a large maquette/PF. Can anyone confirm that they are suitable? I would like to be able to rotate the Weta District 9 Exosuit if possible.

Heres a link:

https://www.diecastfast.com/diecast/DCF/PROD/AA-ROTARY-L

it says the 12" display can handle up to 10 lbs but may be able to handle more, but they haven't tested it

theres also an 8" display but that would obviously handle less weight

2 Great stores (i collect 1\18 scale cars to) even if most of there stuff is overpriced, i usually use them as a way of seeing stuff in person and then ordering online from places like scale18.com :lol

Ya I use to collect 1/18 myself years ago. Then I got into 1/12 scale and up. Now I get all my 1/12 and 1/8 cars from Collector studio. Never order online though, I always like to inspect my stuff in person.

They should have enough power to turn the statue. They come with 2 power settings. I personally would never use them because they are made pretty cheap and you have to buy an AC adaptor separately if you dont have batteries. The base itself is very flimsy and sits on a single pin when it rotates. Also, its REALLY loud which distracts from whatever your looking at rotating on the base. I had one for about a day and returned it because I couldnt take the noise anymore.

Chris

Ya I use to collect 1/18 myself years ago. Then I got into 1/12 scale and up. Now I get all my 1/12 and 1/8 cars from Collector studio. Never order online though, I always like to inspect my stuff in person.

They should have enough power to turn the statue. They come with 2 power settings. I personally would never use them because they are made pretty cheap and you have to buy an AC adaptor separately if you dont have batteries. The base itself is very flimsy and sits on a single pin when it rotates. Also, its REALLY loud which distracts from whatever your looking at rotating on the base. I had one for about a day and returned it because I couldnt take the noise anymore.

Chris

WOW 1/12 and 1/8 only....thats an even more exspensive hobby then Sideshow PF's :lol

I only have three 1/12 scale cars....Enzo, F40, and Lambo countach

but i have a sh it load of 1\18, most of them are F1 cars or race Badged cars.

I have never owned any rotating displays, i can't believe they would be so loud that it would be annoying to be in the same room with it....thanks for letting me know

This thread is really bumming me out. I need to stop reading it, but I can't. I keep hoping that there will ba an official response.

The 2 I bought were from a toy store at the Royal York. I actually gave one to a friend and never ended up using the second. It wasn't loud from what I recall, but it was quite awhile ago. Best of luck on your hunt!

Back