IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy with mine as well but do feel sorry for the people with bad ones and some of the pics posted are shocking. :(

Seriously! Those ones should never have passed by QC. The problems are so obvious and in your face. I wonder where the actual QC takes place?

No you will not be taxed for replacements. Sideshow will clearly label it as a replacement and won't put a value on the invoice.

I think they put at least a value of $1 USD or something like that.

To People Trying for a Replacement:

Has anyone that didn't purchase this from SS been given an RMA or a confirmation that you'll be receiving a replacement? My vendor still hasn't given me any notice.

Thanks.

I talked to SS on Friday and spoke to Jaclyn. She requested that I email them pics so they can see what I'm unhappy with and send it on to their QA dept for evaluation. I just sent that email a few minutes ago and included the 3 pics that I have shown on here before. I'm expecting an RMA sometime this week.

Here's what I said in my email :

Hi Jaclyn,

I’m including a few pictures of the areas that I’m unhappy with. My biggest problem is that the black lines are either not fully painted, very thin, or very sloppy.

In several areas where the black and gold paint is, you can see the red beneath the black/gold paint showing through.

I’ve purchased a lot of SS items and have been very happy with the quality I’ve received, but this particular piece looks amateurish because of the paint issues. I would have expected more out of a Sideshow piece in the Legacy line, not to mention it being a $500 statue.

I am still interested in a replacement, but I would like to get one that has an acceptable paint application in the areas I’ve shown, as well as having a straight (not uneven or crooked) lower jaw without any of the red bleed through problem in the gold part of the lower jaw. I’ve seen some other pictures where this statue has those issues as well.

I hope something can be worked out and thank you for your time.

I am with Kibishii on this, it's really below par for all the pieces. I have looked through the photos on here and Statue forum and think that even the statues people are happy with have poor paint jobs in the chin area. It just doesn't compare with the fine work they did on the recent Wolvie and Sabre PFs. I don't know what made this one so different.

It's Sideshow's Iron Man curse. They've been unable to put out an ironman piece without widespread problems.

I just don't think you can take two boards and assume it's a large percent. It shouldn't happen but with hanged painted items it's bound to really. As far as the ones people like having bad chin paint apps but mine is just fine. I have no problem with mine at all.

Yes, you can, it's called sampling. Where I work, anything with a failure rate of anything over 2-3% at most and the line gets shut down till the problem is resolved. I would put this pieces failure rate at at least 50%.

with all these paint issues i am seriously thinking of cancelling

I have no idea why anyone would still consider purchasing this after all the issues that have been show thus far.

Sorry, I remembered you saying that there were paint issues on the chin also, but you were happy. I need to update the post earlier because Averone is happy also. Either way, the problem statues ore definitely overwhelming.

They should have been caught. There's no doubt about that and the folks at SS I'm sure are not happy about it. They want these things showing up to us as perfect as can be.

I'm happy with mine as well but do feel sorry for the people with bad ones and some of the pics posted are shocking. :(

Some of them have been really surprising. They should have been caught and I don't think SS is happy that they got missed.

---------------------------------------------------------
One thing some people forget is overall SS QC is pretty good. Its not like they make a gazillion mistakes thats for sure. Honestly, they don't make any more mistakes than any other company out there. Despite what some want you to believe.

Here is a link in the Ask Sideshow thread that I started.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82020

If you are unhappy with yours, please post pictures in that thread or at least post the problems.

So far, out of all the posts, we have seen three people that say they are 100% happy with theirs and one of those has issues with the chin. Guys, I am seeing several people say, "I am not really happy with the sloppy/uneven/handpainted chin, but I can live with it." For a $500 statue, this thing should be perfect and Sideshow should have to make good on this. Don't settle for mediocrity because this is unacceptable and Sideshow should know it.

I love Sideshow products and everyone I have met from there is super friendly. However, they need to make good on this. :mad:
Don't forget greatwall, i am very happy with this piece and other IM pieces also , life size busts (3 of them) and 1/2 scale too.

The thing is with that bust which I have and love mind you is its cast plastic I believe. Makes it much easier to do than a hand painted piece. I don't know about anyone else but my HT Bust does have an issue of even when its turned off the lights inside still sort of are on. So its not without issues.

Like I Said Before in This Thread It is Not Easier but Just A Diferent Process.... Plastic Molding and Assembly + Some Manual Paint Up was Nessesary to Do The HT Bust.... The difference is that their Paint App StandardS Are Really Top Notch.... :)

Last edited:
Here is a link in the Ask Sideshow thread that I started.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82020

If you are unhappy with yours, please post pictures in that thread or at least post the problems.

So far, out of all the posts, we have seen three people that say they are 100% happy with theirs and one of those has issues with the chin. Guys, I am seeing several people say, "I am not really happy with the sloppy/uneven/handpainted chin, but I can live with it." For a $500 statue, this thing should be perfect and Sideshow should have to make good on this. Don't settle for mediocrity because this is unacceptable and Sideshow should know it.

I love Sideshow products and everyone I have met from there is super friendly. However, they need to make good on this. :mad:

Absolutely agree with you my friend. I posted my pics in your thread. Let's not settle for mediocrity!

Like I Said Before in This Thread It is Not Easier but Just A Diferent Process.... Plastic Molding and Assembly + Some Manual Paint Up was Nessesary to Do The HT Bust.... The difference is that their Paint App StandardS Are Really Top Notch.... :)

Sorry man casting something with some minor paint is easier than something totally hand painted. That's just a fact.

HT has had some problems with Iron Man stuff as well. If I remember correctly had problems with the Mark III and the BD version. Not to mention in the past the potc figures had several issues.

This all being said Sideshow qc people at the factory made some mistakes here letting these through. They will do everything they can I'm sure to make sure this is fixed and doesn't happen again.

Doing everything they "can" is not necessarily the same as actually fixing the problems and making sure they don't happen again.

Sorry man casting something with some minor paint is easier than something totally hand painted. That's just a fact.

HT has had some problems with Iron Man stuff as well. If I remember correctly had problems with the Mark III and the BD version. Not to mention in the past the potc figures had several issues.

This all being said Sideshow qc people at the factory made some mistakes here letting these through. They will do everything they can I'm sure to make sure this is fixed and doesn't happen again.

No Company is Perfect that Is A Fact, My only Concern is That The Iron Man Line By SS has had a Lot of Paint Issues I have collected all their pieces (except the Mark 1 and Classic IM Maquette) and with The exception of the 1:1 Bust (MINE that Came VERY nice) i have had to return, ETC.... this is From A Collector that is not The Most Picky One :) .. just Mayor Paint Apps that Become a real deal breaker....... i have A LOT of Product Of SS from Different Lines and I Love it!!! No Mayor Flaws or Anything, a Very Satisfied Costumer! But There is Something with their IM's that after so Many Technical Problems they Should Be extra Careful...just Saying ;)

It is odd they have issues with and something that shouldn't be an issue. Iron Man though does seem to be a struggle for a lot of folks at least the movie design paint schemes. Which puzzles me.

They will get everyone taken care of and hopefully get it nailed down where this doesn't happen again.

Think about it would you spend 500$ on a hunk of plaster that is less than perfect !!!!! would you buy a new LED TV that some of the buttons didnt work or there was a chunk out of the side of it ?????would you buy a new lens for your DSLR that cost 2000$ and ccecpt the fact that there was a chip in the glass !!!!!! HELLO !!! 500$

It is odd they have issues with and something that shouldn't be an issue. Iron Man though does seem to be a struggle for a lot of folks at least the movie design paint schemes. Which puzzles me.

They will get everyone taken care of and hopefully get it nailed down where this doesn't happen again.

I'll say it again. The fact that this got bumped up to August instead of fourth quarter probably contributes to the result of bad paint jobs. It was rushed to meet the August shipping date.

I'll say it again. The fact that this got bumped up to August instead of fourth quarter probably contributes to the result of bad paint jobs. It was rushed to meet the August shipping date.

Was it moved forward? I don't recall it being a q4 item.

Back