IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well mine should be here tomorrow and I :pray: that mine will be ok. And like all of you I feel really sorry for the people in here who have got bad ones that should NEVER have gotten past QC, no matter whether its a $50 piece or a $1000 piece any decent QC department should have have spotted a flaw like that damn fast and stopped it and sorted the problem!! I mean who ever was/is in charge of painting the lower jaw especially should know what the difference is between an AIRBRUSH and a PAINT brush :cuckoo: and should be given a size 10 boot up the a r s e on their way off the premises and told to GTFO and not to come back, useless git... There is no excuse for paint apps like that :pfft: At least SSC will sort it out despite the fact that should never have had to in the first place if it had been painted correctly all along!!

I must admit that I am surprised that no-one from SSC has come in here yet to let people even know that they are aware of problems with this piece and to reassure people that they will sort out any issues with those unfortunate enough to get bad ones :dunno

My fingers and everything else are crossed for my piece tomorrow, and if my piece is a good one then I will hit the button on WM as well but on the regular instead, BUT if I get a bad one then it will be going back and I will then give WM a miss... and put my money towards something else. :impatient:

Well mine should be here tomorrow and I :pray: that mine will be ok. And like all of you I feel really sorry for the people in here who have got bad ones that should NEVER have gotten past QC, no matter whether its a $50 piece or a $1000 piece any decent QC department should have have spotted a flaw like that damn fast and stopped it and sorted the problem!! I mean who ever was/is in charge of painting the lower jaw especially should know what the difference is between an AIRBRUSH and a PAINT brush :cuckoo: and should be given a size 10 boot up the a r s e on their way off the premises and told to GTFO and not to come back, useless git... There is no excuse for paint apps like that :pfft: At least SSC will sort it out despite the fact that should never have had to in the first place if it had been painted correctly all along!!

I must admit that I am surprised that no-one from SSC has come in here yet to let people even know that they are aware of problems with this piece and to reassure people that they will sort out any issues with those unfortunate enough to get bad ones :dunno

My fingers and everything else are crossed for my piece tomorrow, and if my piece is a good one then I will hit the button on WM as well but on the regular instead, BUT if I get a bad one then it will be going back and I will then give WM a miss... and put my money towards something else. :impatient:

I thought I read that SS claimed this piece was suppose to look battle damaged, and therefore each piece would have and "individual" feel/look to it.

If that's the case, how is QC suppose to catch these errors?? Not trying to be a smarta$$, just curious how QC would know the difference between what is considered battle damaged versus a quality control issue particularly if each piece is suppose to have some unique qualities.

Again, not trying to minimize the issue. Just trying to gain a better understanding to what is going on.

Why the "Official" photo,it doesn't show "battle damage"

Look the chest plate under the chin.SideShow didn't post " Prototype pending approval" So we should get just like in the "Official picture".Right ?

Compare it:

Buyer
ffb896b0.jpg

SideShow
400041_press04-001.jpg

Thank you! I think overall this is probably the case but for those that didn't it sucks and I feel bad. I know how much I was looking forward to this guy. Forget price tag for a second and just how much someone looks forward to something. Thats a kick in the gut when it goes not the way you want.

Yeah man, I totally agree.
I know how that feels man. I am the same way. When I want something really bad, I don't care about the price tag, I just drop the money and order it.

But it is the worst feelings when it disappoints you when you get the piece to see how its not what we expected.

I ordered mine at my local store, so I got the chance to go through 3 cases and they all got some problems, so I didn't pick it up and ask the dude to send them back to SS

I thought I read that SS claimed this piece was suppose to look battle damaged, and therefore each piece would have and "individual" feel/look to it.

If that's the case, how is QC suppose to catch these errors?? Not trying to be a smarta$$, just curious how QC would know the difference between what is considered battle damaged versus a quality control issue particularly if each piece is suppose to have some unique qualities.

Again, not trying to minimize the issue. Just trying to gain a better understanding to what is going on.

The battle damage would only apply to the silver paint applied to the edges of the armor. It would not apply the sloppy black line work, the brush strokes on the chin or the chipped paint where the polystone shows through. A person not familiar with collectables might miss these things, but if it's your job to notice these things that is a big fail.

Webb- I know it doesn't say battle damage but I do like the battle damage they added honestly. Gives the piece even more life. I'm talking about the silver parts added.

Yeah man, I totally agree.
I know how that feels man. I am the same way. When I want something really bad, I don't care about the price tag, I just drop the money and order it.

But it is the worst feelings when it disappoints you when you get the piece to see how its not what we expected.

I ordered mine at my local store, so I got the chance to go through 3 cases and they all got some problems, so I didn't pick it up and ask the dude to send them back to SS

Like I said I dod totally feel bad for you all but when things like this happens better to have a company like SS who will do everything they really can to fix it.

He Guys,
here are some pictures from my Iron Man and i´m very unhappy with the quality. I don´t know what the qm do :slap
But its one of the worses paintjob i ever see

sdc11195.jpg

sdc11197.jpg

sdc11199w.jpg

sdc11200.jpg

sdc11201.jpg

sdc11209.jpg

regards from Germany
Sausebraus

I can hardly see some of the problem areas on that base picture but there are some noticeable ones on Iron Man himself.

He Guys,
here are some pictures from my Iron Man and i´m very unhappy with the quality. I don´t know what the qm do :slap
But its one of the worses paintjob i ever see

sdc11195.jpg

sdc11197.jpg

sdc11199w.jpg

sdc11200.jpg

sdc11201.jpg

sdc11209.jpg

regards from Germany
Sausebraus

I would be so ticked off if all those circles and arrows were painted on my statue:monkey1

I just got mine. Low edition size, 222. Those of you with bad paint apps, does the edition size matter. I wonder/hope it is only a few 100 or so that are bad.

I'm on FlexPay,so I will get mine in November.Hopefully by them it will be fixed or will send back numerous times until I get my money's worth.

Just don't be afraid to request a replacement,SideShow is paying for shipping,so let's use it.

Man i feel so bad for those of you that are getting these poor representations of what this really should be!!! especially when good ones pop up, if i were you guys that recieved these bad paint jobs i would def let SS know, don't accept this in the least.

I talked to SS on Friday and spoke to Jaclyn. She requested that I email them pics so they can see what I'm unhappy with and send it on to their QA dept for evaluation. I just sent that email a few minutes ago and included the 3 pics that I have shown on here before. I'm expecting an RMA sometime this week.

Got my reply from SS. They are investigating the issue. "Please allow 5-7 business days for an update." Hopefully this means we will get some sort of formal answer to the issue(s). And hopefully I'm just one of many complaints so they know the scope of the problem.

I'm sort of glad I didn't just get an email that said to return it and another will be shipped out, which would probably have similar issues.

Got my reply from SS. They are investigating the issue. "Please allow 5-7 business days for an update." Hopefully this means we will get some sort of formal answer to the issue(s). And hopefully I'm just one of many complaints so they know the scope of the problem.

I'm sort of glad I didn't just get an email that said to return it and another will be shipped out, which would probably have similar issues.

Sideshow sent me an RMA number for a return/exchange, but I am going to call and ask if I can get my replacement checked before they mail it. I don't want to get another IM that looks like a toddler painted it.

Man, I would be so damn pissed if I were you guys.
All those pintjobs don´t look the slightst near good and I really hope you guys still get your money´s worth through SS´s customers service.
Best of luck.

Back