IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for the heck of it

IMG_3929.jpg

Bro, it doesnt get any better than that. Mine comes hopefully tomorrow. I am so excited. Yours looks great!

Excellent pics, glad to hear ya got a good one, mine will be here tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Mine will be delivered tomorrow...then it will go back to UPS because I won't be home to receive him as usual...then I will pick it up on Friday during lunch and wait 4 long painful hours to open him up when I get home.

Great pics. Picking up tomorrow at 10 am. Cant wait to display with all other Sideshow's Ironman.

Lucky you, this is my first Sideshow Iron Man.

You know, it's pretty good that this didn't end up looking like the one at SDCC.

pic by dr teng
sdcc-thursday-sideshow-collectibles-iron-man-legacy-maquette-1-low.jpg

The mouth was crooked.

Hopefully, i don't have any problem with that also.

I don't think you will. I think that was the prototype at the show and every Mark VI that has been photographed all have straight mouths. It's just the paint you have to worry about pretty much but don't let it get to you. :wink1:.

I'm surprised yours is taking a while. I'm in Ontario and it shipped Monday. It got here last night but it wasn't available to pick up until this morning.

Raikirik, how is the size of the figure overall?

He's 19" with the base and measures about 18" alone. Next to the Gambit PF you can tell that if Iron Man were standing straight up instead he'd be a lot taller. Also the proportions are spot on. You can see that Gambit's head would fit into the Iron Man helmet and that a guy of that scale would fit into the suit.

I feel a good amount of presence from the piece. :D

EDIT: Measuring from the leg to the waist and then from the waist to the top of the head, Iron Man measures 19.5".

Last edited:
He's 19" with the base and measures about 18" alone. Next to the Gambit PF you can tell that if Iron Man were standing straight up instead he'd be a lot taller. Also the proportions are spot on. You can see that Gambit's head would fit into the Iron Man helmet and that a guy of that scale would fit into the suit.

That's what I like to hear...now I just need to wait :impatient:

It's 19" high if that helps...

EDIT: Measuring from the leg to the waist and then from the waist to the top of the head, Iron Man measures 19.5".

Nice info guys, thanks. Love your take on it Raik, can't wait to get mine.

Nice info guys, thanks. Love your take on it Raik, can't wait to get mine.

Thanks fuzz and have fun when you get your own :hi5:

It looks like his still has the gold paint brush lines on his chin, just not as severe as some other maquettes.

Yeah, it's pretty much on one side of the helmet and it isn't that bad. I'm not going to have my face like right in front of the statue all the time so I don't even see it from a distance. Hope all is going well with your replacement.

got mine today. I also have gold brush strokes on the chin area. Makes me believe that the entire thing is air brushed, except they chose to use normal brush to paint the chin area. Also some of the paneling lines on mine look scribbly and the black lines look a little transparent, not sure if it's supposed to be like that. I'm think I might take it to Sideshow for an exchange, but not totally sure yet..

got mine today. I also have gold brush strokes on the chin area. Makes me believe that the entire thing is air brushed, except they chose to use normal brush to paint the chin area. Also some of the paneling lines on mine look scribbly and the black lines look a little transparent, not sure if it's supposed to be like that. I'm think I might take it to Sideshow for an exchange, but not totally sure yet..

This is the only thing that is going to get Sideshow's immediate attention on this. It is a great statue, but there is NO EXCUSE for QC missing obvious sloppy paint on a $500 statue. I don't think anyone should accept this as is.

I started a thread in the Ask Sideshow section here and recommend everyone who has this issue posting there: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82020

Alterego returned my email for a replacement letting me know that Sideshow is requesting "clearer pictures" of the sloppy paint lines and the paint scuffs. I think the paint scuffs are pretty darn clear since you can see the polystone beneath, but I am going to have my wife take more pictures tonight since she knows how to use the camera better than I.

Why can't Sideshow seem to get the paint right on any Ironman statue when Hot Toys can do it for 1/3rd the price?

Glad I didn't ordered yet. Does anyone know if the one at SDCC was a production piece? If it was, I didn't really check out the paints on that one while I was there. I just hope War Machine is a lot better.

Back