IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this at a local comic shop. I was floored when I saw it in his window but it looked pretty rough close up. I'm not going to pay that much for a sloppy paint job.

i think everyone can take beautiful shots of this piece from any angle BUT the close up of the chin.

picked up my mark vi this afternoon. i got to choose between 5 pieces. all 5 have bad chin. and i'm not just talking about the paint app - that gap between the faceplate and the chin can be too wide/slightly skewed(they dont line up symmetrically). and that corner edge of the bottom of the faceplate can be too round, instead of squarish. i picked the best of the worse and i was far from being satisfied with my choice.

havent checked in here a while. has sideshow already confirmed that the next batch will be improved, or is it still just wishful thinking?

anyone know is they laser scanned to make this piece or just sculpted everything from scratch? I guess thats the difference b/w Legacy effects and SWS............Stan would have never let this ____ go out non symmetrical.

"a few pieces"? i asked my local seller how many pieces he got in. he said 30. i asked how many have decent chin. he said none. he was kind enough to let me open 5 (it was his last 5 pieces) to inspect and choose. all 5 ranged from terrible to horrendous. and you dont need a magnifying glass to spot the mess.

I gave up trying to talk some sense into Josh about this particular product. Despite overwhelming physical evidence and the majority of in-hand reports that this statue completely failed quality control, he continues to say "a few."

I gave up trying to talk some sense into Josh about this particular product. Despite overwhelming physical evidence and the majority of in-hand reports that this statue completely failed quality control, he continues to say "a few."

you have to consider that the IM bust failed miserably in QC too. Im lucky enough to have a good one, but you see that these guys crank out a huge number of those products and look how bad they fail. They get greedy and it gets to be too much for them. It just shows that they only have green on their mind, instead of the customer. A new batch is too little too late cause they lose a lot of customers with the bad QC. Huge difference from now and when SWS was running at full strength. SS is just different now, they are a strong business, but we're not stupid, we see the cut corners and poor quality. I bet SS sales are waaaaaay down than projected, regardless of the economy.

Look at it this way if you put me on ignore you won't have to worry about it. :hi5:

Went to two LCS to check out what everyone's been griping about................

simpsons-mob.jpg

I'm assuming Silver Snail was one, what was the other? How much were they selling for there?

I stopped going to that place. Couldn't stand the people(cashier in constant PMS mode, indifferent workers, too many riffraff, boredom on my part, etc.). Took my business elsewhere. A month has passed without me setting foot there! I still check their website for weekly comics schedule but that's about it!:lecture

Anyhoo, I went to 1 Million Comix. Awesome people, very low-key and friendly. I'm not sure how much they were selling it for but I'm guessing $599 CDN? Sorry, I was too busy checking out the chin for defects. The second place I went to was The Beguiling but then I realized they only specialize on indie comic stuff. Wasted bus fare!:slap

I stopped going to that place. Couldn't stand the people(cashier in constant PMS mode, indifferent workers, too many riffraff, boredom on my part, etc.). Took my business elsewhere. A month has passed without me setting foot there! I still check their website for weekly comics schedule but that's about it!:lecture

Anyhoo, I went to 1 Million Comix. Awesome people, very low-key and friendly. I'm not sure how much they were selling it for but I'm guessing $599 CDN? Sorry, I was too busy checking out the chin for defects. The second place I went to was The Beguiling but then I realized they only specialize on indie comic stuff. Wasted bus fare!:slap

There goes one store on Queen to skip :lol. I didn't really buy anything from there. I think the last time I bought something was back when the Evangelion DVDs were out (the ones before the Platinum series). I also haven't bought anything from or visited 1 Million Comix in a long while. Actually, I've picked up stuff from them whenever they're at Expos but that's it. I don't think they carried statues back when I went to the actual store.

Are you actually interested in getting this one? Have you tried Hairy Tarantula? I haven't checked the shop here in Brampton for anything new so I'll give that a shot sometime soon.

There goes one store on Queen to skip :lol. I didn't really buy anything from there. I think the last time I bought something was back when the Evangelion DVDs were out (the ones before the Platinum series). I also haven't bought anything from or visited 1 Million Comix in a long while. Actually, I've picked up stuff from them whenever they're at Expos but that's it. I don't think they carried statues back when I went to the actual store.

Are you actually interested in getting this one? Have you tried Hairy Tarantula? I haven't checked the shop here in Brampton for anything new so I'll give that a shot sometime soon.

Holy mother of god! Was that like back in the 80's!?:rotfl

There's a Hairy Tarantula at Yonge near Dundas. I swear, my first visit I thought it was a crack den! Very dingy and full of smelly nerds but very helpful and friendly staff! I think they host yugi-oh/pokemon/D&D battles tournaments thingy weekly. Anyhoo, I don't think they carry SS products at that location, which is fine by me.:)

Holy mother of god! Was that like back in the 80's!?:rotfl

There's a Hairy Tarantula at Yonge near Dundas. I swear, my first visit I thought it was a crack den! Very dingy and full of smelly nerds but very helpful and friendly staff! I think they host yugi-oh/pokemon/D&D battles tournaments thingy weekly. Anyhoo, I don't think they carry SS products at that location, which is fine by me.:)

NO NO it was actually in the early 2000's! I was born in the late 80's so that would have been impossible for me to go there back then :lol. Maybe I just wasn't very observant since I didn't have my eyes on collecting statues back then, though I did have a Kotobukiya Tifa and Asuka at that time. Yeah, that Hairy T is the one I was talking about. Only been there once. I think they hold those card tournaments at P mall too.

I don't really like buying from the shops here since the statues are almost always open and displayed first. I saw the classic IM comiquette at the shop here and a few weeks later it was in pieces because one of the staff dropped it. They were going to put it back together and paint it with battle damage effects.

"a few pieces"? i asked my local seller how many pieces he got in. he said 30. i asked how many have decent chin. he said none. he was kind enough to let me open 5 (it was his last 5 pieces) to inspect and choose. all 5 ranged from terrible to horrendous. and you dont need a magnifying glass to spot the mess.

It's okay, josh just keeps blindly defending this piece and SS. He refuses to admit that the majority of the batch has substandard paint apps. It's actually become quite funny how much he is in denial. I guess he us a glass completely full kind of guy.

you have to consider that the IM bust failed miserably in QC too. Im lucky enough to have a good one, but you see that these guys crank out a huge number of those products and look how bad they fail. They get greedy and it gets to be too much for them. It just shows that they only have green on their mind, instead of the customer. A new batch is too little too late cause they lose a lot of customers with the bad QC. Huge difference from now and when SWS was running at full strength. SS is just different now, they are a strong business, but we're not stupid, we see the cut corners and poor quality. I bet SS sales are waaaaaay down than projected, regardless of the economy.

Well said, and sad but true. They still knock it out of the park on some pieces, and those are the pieces I will collect. Im glad I was able to collect when they had mostly all pieces being home runs, which is what I have on display. But now they seem to be producing so much more and some pieces slip. Its definitely caused me to hold off on my purchases. And what sucks is that it takes a long time to gain a customers respect and only a few missed quality issues to erase it. They still are awesome in corrective action, and CS ALWAYS deals with it pleasantly and professionally.

Back