Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys...it is possible to fix the Arc Reactor on the Iron Man bust...but I've managed to lose a finger in the process!! :horror :thud: :lol :lol :lol only kidding, it was just a graze with the scalpel I was using :gah: but yes....the Arc Reactor is now the correct way round and no damage to any part of the bust at all...although never again Sideshow!! This was by far the most rediculous error ever made by them in my two years of collecting and although I accepted their partial refund it still shouldn't require me to have to fix THEIR mistake!!! Oh well, alls well that ends well, got my Iron Man bust to how I want it now so I can rest....wait a second...I've still got the Batman PF's armpit mod to do next!! :slap oh Sideshow!!! :lol :lol Arc Reactor pics to follow...

how much did you get back? Thanks

Other than a scalpel what else is needed , did you heat up the glue or anything?

No heat needed at all Lee...it was more luck than a skillful fix. When I first recieved my bust and attempted to get the Arc Reactor off it was literally welded on! I've been tampering with it on/off for abt 2 weeks. Then I left it for abt another 2 weeks and this time added serious brute force!!! And what do ya know! The darn thing popped out in my hand! However, had I of added any more force to the Arc Reactor then it would literally have snapped in two! I've explained a bit better on my thread buddy...here the link and a quick pic :)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...IRON-MAN-MKVI-LSB-ARC-REACTOR-FIXED!!/page435

urere4at.jpg

y6epe6u9.jpg

ba3yzy8y.jpg

Well guys...it is possible to fix the Arc Reactor on the Iron Man bust...but I've managed to lose a finger in the process!! :horror :thud: :lol :lol :lol only kidding, it was just a graze with the scalpel I was using :gah: but yes....the Arc Reactor is now the correct way round and no damage to any part of the bust at all...although never again Sideshow!! This was by far the most rediculous error ever made by them in my two years of collecting and although I accepted their partial refund it still shouldn't require me to have to fix THEIR mistake!!! Oh well, alls well that ends well, got my Iron Man bust to how I want it now so I can rest....wait a second...I've still got the Batman PF's armpit mod to do next!! :slap oh Sideshow!!! :lol :lol Arc Reactor pics to follow...

Haha, I love how you finally came out for a little rant on Sideshow and their blunders. I agree Andy, this one was pretty bad. Sorry to read that you suffered a laceration while fixing their problem, but you did a great job making it look the way it's supposed to.

Well, I got my replacement last night. I had returned the first one because the face plate was crooked, crooked enough to see light shining through the side.

The replacement was even worse. The face plate was at least, if not more crooked than the first piece I got. It had clumsy weathering, worse than my first piece.

Seeing Roberto fix the arc reactor, I'm leaning toward asking for one more replacement, but I'm not hopeful. I've escalated it to Bill Mendoza, who has helped me through CS problems in the past. It seems like there are two customer services at Sideshow... the lower level, haphazard regular CS, and then managers who actually try to fix problems. I feel bad for the managers, but I feel worse for the customers.

ironmanfix.jpg

I did it! It is simply glued on. All you do is tug on it back and forth a bit and it just gives! Popped right out.
Just be careful not to use tools as it may scratch the paint. I merely used my hand and yanked.
For all those who complained... YES it did royally suck with this problem originally. But now its an easy fix! The paint scheme on mine is beautiful, not over-done, no extremely apparent brush strokes. It looks fantastic, I leave it turned on a lot due to its epic presentation.
Now that the arc is right-side-up and its looking pretty, I will fully enjoy my bust while everyone else sent theirs back or cancelled :yess:

View attachment 96459

I did it! It is simply glued on. All you do is tug on it back and forth a bit and it just gives! Popped right out.
Just be careful not to use tools as it may scratch the paint. I merely used my hand and yanked.
For all those who complained... YES it did royally suck with this problem originally. But now its an easy fix! The paint scheme on mine is beautiful, not over-done, no extremely apparent brush strokes. It looks fantastic, I leave it turned on a lot due to its epic presentation.
Now that the arc is right-side-up and its looking pretty, I will fully enjoy my bust while everyone else sent theirs back or cancelled :yess:

Congrats Eric :clap job well done bro

Well, I got my replacement last night. I had returned the first one because the face plate was crooked, crooked enough to see light shining through the side.

The replacement was even worse. The face plate was at least, if not more crooked than the first piece I got. It had clumsy weathering, worse than my first piece.

Seeing Roberto fix the arc reactor, I'm leaning toward asking for one more replacement, but I'm not hopeful. I've escalated it to Bill Mendoza, who has helped me through CS problems in the past. It seems like there are two customer services at Sideshow... the lower level, haphazard regular CS, and then managers who actually try to fix problems. I feel bad for the managers, but I feel worse for the customers.

Certainly have a go at it Ichiro...it will seem tough to remove at first but be patient with it...3rd time lucky? :lol

Wow. :slap

I'm thinking of picking this up and just fixing the arc reactor myself. Since this is going to be my very first statue I had a few questions:
1. Would it fit inside a detolf with just removing one of the shelf to accommodate the height or would it be too wide? Any pics would be greatly appreciated.
2. I was thinking of removing some of the battle damage paint by using non acetone nail polish remover to give it a cleaner look. Is that possible?

thanks in advance!

I'm thinking of picking this up and just fixing the arc reactor myself. Since this is going to be my very first statue I had a few questions:
1. Would it fit inside a detolf with just removing one of the shelf to accommodate the height or would it be too wide? Any pics would be greatly appreciated.
2. I was thinking of removing some of the battle damage paint by using non acetone nail polish remover to give it a cleaner look. Is that possible?

thanks in advance!

So you want to buy one and then fix the arc reactor and repaint the statue? Wow, so much work... seriously, just buy the "alternative". Comes with everything you want.

the arc reactor looked like a simple fix and from looking at the pictures I was under the impression that the battle damage was mostly silver paint brushed on so I thought just removing the silver paint would be easier. I haven't been able to find a decent "alternative". can you pm me a place to look. thanks

View attachment 96459

Thank you so much for sharing, I fixed mine the same way. I just pried on it with my hand and it just fell off with very little effort. I may magnetize the arc on in case I have to change the lights if they ever fail or burn out.

Back