Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was disappointed but I finally canceled, not gonna pay 350 dollars for something that has poor paint, a major production flaw and other issues such as the crooked face mask. think everyone should cancel and come back when their practically giving these things away.

This would actually be a fun customizing project to repaint and detail, provided one could get it at a more reasonable lower price. Kinda glad I didn't pre-commit to this release. All pics I've seen so far are not impressive.

Any suggestions for adding black to the eye area without inducing brush strokes?

Hey Rai, just finished my first part of customizing on this bust and have added the black area to the eyes as you requested by using airbrushing my friend...will post some pics very soon but I think you'll like the improvements :wink1: for me, it has made the bust look x10 better :rock

They should send all the cancelled to your house Roberto, and SS pay you a handsome fee to improve it... hahahaha

@Roberto -

Knowing a customizer is now working on the bust how do you feel about the odds for re-positioning the center "triangle" to aim it properly?

They should send all the cancelled to your house Roberto, and SS pay you a handsome fee to improve it... hahahaha

:lol :lol that's an idea...still baffles me as to why they didn't add the black lines across the eyes :dunno I mean, to some it maybe a small detail but once you actually see the black lines added, you can instantly see what an incredible difference it makes. It adds menace to the overall portrait/pose and gives it more character in my opinion - hence why this modification was a complete must for me...will post some pics shortly, hope you like it :)

@Roberto -

Knowing a customizer is now working on the bust how do you feel about the odds for re-positioning the center "triangle" to aim it properly?
Well, I'm pretty confident I can do it and its definitely possible :lecture it's just that the Arc Reactor is placed at such a position that it makes the removing process much more difficult...my worry isn't the issue of removing the AR from the chest panel but avoiding damage to the rest of the bust and AR in the process...at least removing the AR from its location wont interfere with the light up feature which was a concern for me at the beginning :)

Okay, so here are a few quick comparison before and after pics I took plus one with my MKVI lifesize bust which I used as a reference point when modding my half scale bust :wink1:

5e2yqequ.jpg

zuhezasu.jpg

yhamahad.jpg

I have a more detailed review plus more pics of my modification on my display thread which is linked here...although don't be put off by the half naked lady spralled across her bed once the link opens :horror :lol :lol

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-MAN-MKVI-LSB-EYE-MODIFICATION-PG-418/page418

thanks for looking :wave

Hey Rai, just finished my first part of customizing on this bust and have added the black area to the eyes as you requested by using airbrushing my friend...will post some pics very soon but I think you'll like the improvements :wink1: for me, it has made the bust look x10 better :rock

Nicely done. I'm going to attempt doing this as well soon.

Guys , the local distributor had informed me to refund the deposit for that ark reactor problem (China mainland) .

Guys , the local distributor had informed me to refund the deposit for that ark reactor problem (China mainland) .

I heard my supplier in China that, ALL of the MK6 1/2 bust order in China have been rejected and returned to sideshow factory by distributor.

Man, this is hilarious...this thing get delayed to high hell and they made all of them with the arc reactor flipped upside down?!!? Wow, who made that call? They should be fired on the spot...

Man, this is hilarious...this thing get delayed to high hell and they made all of them with the arc reactor flipped upside down?!!? Wow, who made that call? They should be fired on the spot...

I don't think anybody made the call but the fact they are all wrong kind of suggests the paint master was wrong, that seems unlikely though as Sideshows prototypes are usually great. Not sure how it all works over in china, maybe they make a copy of the paint master (which they got wrong) and everybody works from that.

JUST GOT MINE TODAY !!! AND AN AR WAS UPSIDE DOWN !!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!!! I got this Bust from Maybang on ebay what am i suppose to do folks ? oh mine was 411/3000

JUST GOT MINE TODAY !!! AND AN AR WAS UPSIDE DOWN !!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!!! I got this Bust from Maybang on ebay what am i suppose to do folks ?

I suggest you read threads on here more then you would of been aware if this issue weeks ago :lecture

...or message them and say you're not happy with a flawed product.

Back