Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ge3epydy.jpg
uryrenyd.jpg

Quick question: I want to get this, but not paying the msrp since its a flawed product. I believe this will not sell out for now. What happens with busts from sideshow that does not sell well? Do they go on sale? How cheaper and how long after release? Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 via tapatalk

Quick question: I want to get this, but not paying the msrp since its a flawed product. I believe this will not sell out for now. What happens with busts from sideshow that does not sell well? Do they go on sale? How cheaper and how long after release? Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 via tapatalk

They might be available with Gift Card purchases and maybe Double Points in the future.
Doubt you will see straight discounts, 10% if you're lucky.
Best bet will be local retailers trying to shift them.

Andy you are a " true believer"!

:lol :lol getting another one to customise my friend...haven't decided what to do yet? Maybe customise both and have a clean version and then customise the battle damaged version to have even more battle damage so that it relates more to the end fight scene from Iron Man 2 where his armour is totally wasted :)

:lol :lol getting another one to customise my friend...haven't decided what to do yet? Maybe customise both and have a clean version and then customise the battle damaged version to have even more battle damage so that it relates more to the end fight scene from Iron Man 2 where his armour is totally wasted :)

Sounds cool

Is it in the 25 cents bin already Andy? :lol

Well, I'm done with this bust.

Sideshow has refused to offer me another replacement.

This is the first one I received. Note the crooked mouth due to the faceplate being crooked. You can even see light from the left side of his mouth, due to the size of the gap.

This is the replacement I received. Same damn problem, if not worse.

After William Mendoza's first refusal to find a better replacement, I sent him pics from the board -- almost all of them with straight faceplates. He sent me the exact same response... that Sideshow does inspect replacements, and none of their replacements are better than what they have sent me.

I dunno, when I look at the photos on the forum, I would take any of those over the two I received. So I reject that argument that they are "all that way."

I don't know if William is just being lazy or he's purposely lying because he has no intention of sending a second replacement and thinks I'm just being nitpicky.

Congrats to you lucky guys that got a "decent" one ... upside down reactor and all.

^ Return or destroy?

Think it was never meant to be :dunno

'They all look like that' must be a standard responce.
Anyone planning on getting one should take note...
They all look crap apparantly!

My local retailer who will make money from me is telling me not to continue waiting for this bust.
But It still draws me in.

Might get and properly pimp it with an adidas made armour or storm trooper vibe

Funny, this pic was posted back in March last year showing the Arc Reactor reveal for the first time...looks like no one took much notice back then that it was upside down :lol

Maybe it's me but the proto pic looks much better than the final product. Like what was mentioned about the silver brush strokes, the proto is much better. I'm glad the arc reactor is a easy fix but with the issues around the face plate and SS's lack of wanting to fix it and the lazy paint aps on the scratchs (really SS I mean wtf) I am going to pass. I really wanted this but seems it is just too much of a gamble to get one not damaged and the paint apps really bug me from the proto.

I'm really surprised that SS continues to do this. I mean they put out cool stuff on the higher end, however the 1/2 scale mark 3 that I have took three times to get one that I would keep and I was hoping to make this my next large scale piece but it seems SS hasn't learned. I hope those of you who have problems with this get it fixed. Maybe Hot Toys should do these type of things and SS should stay out of them because the proto to final product seems way off too many times. Maybe if SS didn't have that NRD it wouldn't be too bad but putting images up for over a year and wanting people to pre order only to ship a product sub standard and people get burned either with the NRD due to not wanting the crappy final product or in the case of them not wanting to return damaged stuff.

Back