Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, this pic was posted back in March last year showing the Arc Reactor reveal for the first time...looks like no one took much notice back then that it was upside down :lol

No it wasn't, that photo is linked to the Sideshow page and they changed the image to a photoshopped one after the reports of all these things being upside down came rolling in.

rHwTm2Z.jpg

Last edited:
I had some cash back from Discover and decided to use it to get one of these from Amazon. $320 shipped with 2 day Prime seemed like a good deal considering it would've cost $400 with CA tax if I ordered it direct from Sideshow. Aside from the upside down Arc Reactor, I'm praying that there won't be anything else wrong with it.

Sorry to all the guys that got a bad one, that should never happen......I took a chance and kept my order and am very pleased with the result

I completely forgot that this Iron Man bust is based on the MKVI suit worn in the Avengers and not Iron Man 2...not that it makes much difference as they the suits were both the same in both movies as far as I know. The fight scene between all 3 super heroes, Iron Man Thor and captain America, still has to be one of my favourite parts of the movie! :lol "Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?" :lol :rock

yta5yga7.jpg

A pic of the battle damaged MKVI armour in the Avengers
5ura9u3a.jpg

I completely forgot that this Iron Man bust is based on the MKVI suit worn in the Avengers and not Iron Man 2...not that it makes much difference as they the suits were both the same in both movies as far as I know. The fight scene between all 3 super heroes, Iron Man Thor and captain America, still has to be one of my favourite parts of the movie! :lol "Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?" :lol :rock

yta5yga7.jpg

A pic of the battle damaged MKVI armour in the Avengers
5ura9u3a.jpg

It was originally labelled Iron Man 2, but they change it to say Avengers. As for the Marks being the same Fromm the two movies well even with a slight change they changed the number... Ala the Mark III and the Mark IV between IronMan I and II.

Bust arrived today from Amazon and unfortunately it was damaged. The silver piping from the left side of the chest had broken off and were floating around inside the box. Amazon offered me a 20% refund back to my card if I wanted to keep it. Man, for $250 shipped I said sure why not. Nothing I can't fix with crazy glue. Here are some pics of the damage and quick repair. I'll post more pics later when the glue dries

Sorry but that silver paint is awful, so glad I didn't order this one, nice score on the price though, I'm sure if people put a little tlc into these they could become nice little pieces.

I agree on the silver paint apps, they're a bit amateurish. I mean, how hard is it to "color" inside the lines?! At least the red and gold paint looks good minus the weak looking battle damage. If it weren't for the added discount and Amazon's great customer service, I would've sent this back.

Bust arrived today from Amazon and unfortunately it was damaged. The silver piping from the left side of the chest had broken off and were floating around inside the box. Amazon offered me a 20% refund back to my card if I wanted to keep it. Man, for $250 shipped I said sure why not. Nothing I can't fix with crazy glue. Here are some pics of the damage and quick repair. I'll post more pics later when the glue dries

the seller was amazon? or third party? because I can't find one sold by amazon

It was the last one, sold by Planet Comics but fulfilled and shipped by Amazon. Got it with 2 Day Amazon Prime and no tax.

That paint looks like the airplane models I made when I was 12, what a waste. I would love to get a blank one and paint it up right, would have to be dirt cheap to take one of these and strip it down to start over though.

Here are some quick cell phone pics of it on the shelf. This is my first time owning a statue/bust and I would have to say that I'm indifferent to the whole experience. I was hoping to be "wowed" by it but instead I find myself mildly satisfied but I think that's my love for Iron Man talking. It definitely adds shelf presence and looks great from behind the glass. As long as I don't scrutinize it or take of the chest plate then everything will be fine.

Last edited:
You should be wowed, Sideshow failed to deliver on this potentially awesome item.

Did it turn out over 7Kg? That's a lot of weight for a Detolf shelf.

I put it on a scale before placing it on the shelf. It weighed in at 12 pounds which is 5kg?

PS. Ikea has the glass rated at 13 pounds.

Back